Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone try diettoyourdoor?

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

3fatchicks.com gave a good review on it. The nutritionalist at my Dr's office said to eat 3 MEALS a day - not to use Protein shakes for meals - and I don't cook, so it seems like a good solution to me.

I ordered the 7 day w/o the Snacks. My thought is that I'll eat some Protein for Breakfast (egg beaters, veggie sausage, etc) and use the "breakfast" as a snack. I may drop to the 5 day no snack as I will HOPEFULLY have some leftovers on the meals.

The only thing that concerns me is all the chicken, which seems to cause problems with some people. But I'm going to try it and you can cancel at any time.

We have one called Liteneasy in Australia and I love it. The food is terrific and its just so convenient, I always had success on it, just keeping it off long term is the hard thing.

I just find it very expensive, but really when you go out and actually buy that variety and quality of food its not that expensive. We usually eat a much narrower variety and poorer quality food to boot to try to stick to our budget, so although you pay for the convenience, I'm gearing up for an 8 week stint to just get down to goal weight. I figure I paid $3,000 for my surgery so an extra say $500 over and above what I would have spent on food anyway is not so silly.

I love knowing that there's little margin for error. If you eat what they give you you'll lose weight, end of story. And for some reason I find it easy to do, I dont sneak extra food in like I tend to do when calorie counting.

That's the thing - I'm not going to suddenly start cooking now that I have a band and when I eat out, I eat poorly. Plus the crap that's in frozen foods like Lean Cuisine can't be good for the body 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.

I'll post back after being on it for a week and let folks know how it goes :(

See, I can spend well over $20 a meal :P

It's not cheap, but it's complete - meat, veggies, fruits, carbs - and no thinking. I like that :(

I tried Nutrisystem before the band and besides the food just plain sucking, you had to buy additional veggies, fruits, bread, etc. in order to make complete meals. I'd end up just eating the crappy Nutrisystem meal.

Yes, I'm that lazy, lol.

How does it work? What if someone is on 600 calories daily vs. another who is on 1200 calories daily? Or is it "you get what you get" period?

From their site:

How many daily calories is the Full Plan?

The Diet To Your Door Plan provides an average of 1,200 calories per day for the full plan (3 meals and 2 Snacks per day).

There is some very important information to keep in mind while looking at this number:

The calories come from lean Protein and complex carbohydrates which are essential for your body to function properly, feel full and balance its chemistry so you can lose the weight. Some programs focus on calories only, but very often they are “empty calories”: simple carbohydrates and fat which do your body a major disservice

We say an AVERAGE, and this is a very important part, as we medically prove that if you stick to a strict 1200 calorie/day diet everyday of the week, your body gets used to that making it harder and harder each week to lose weight. With the slight increase and decrease of calories on a day-to-day basis your body and metabolism do not have the chance to get used to one set point. Thus, in turn the weight comes off easier and in the end it is easier to maintain your weight.

Though, even if you are getting the same amount of food every day, we are changing calories intake every day for you, ranging between 1,100 and 1,400 per day.

I'm not getting the Snacks so I'm assuming it will be 100+ calories lower per day. I PROBABLY won't be able to eat everything on one day either so I'm going to aim to have 1/2 or 3/4 of it and the rest the next day and keep rolling over and stop shipments for a week or so while I "catch up". From what I can tell everything's frozen so it should keep.

Oddly they don't have nutritional values listed. If they aren't on the food, I'm going to raise heck with them :(

Got the food already! The nutrition values seem to be on the "main" foods - the chicken, chili, fish, etc. and there are vacuum packed veggies with them. At a quick glance, each main food seems to be around 230-300 calories. They ARE small portions (duh, that I didn't realize I wasn't getting a big dinner for 1100-1400 calories a day) and some of the Breakfast items look to be store bought, i.e. a bagel, Quaker Oats, etc. Everything except the oatmeal, some melba toast and the hot chocolate was frozen.

I can't eat solid foods for another 6 days, but once I start on this next Monday, I'll keep everyone informed :welldoneclap: