Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is it! No, Not Michael Jackson show but I have got my approval for surgery and I am going for a gastric sleeve at the end of January 2014.

What a great way to start the new year. I have a BMI of just over 41 and I had the choice of the Gastric Bypass as well but after looking at both opertions, I decided its the sleeve for me.

I am ready for it now.

I think you made a wise choice. My husband and I began seminars 10 years ago. We passed on all the surgeries until the sleeve came along because we felt it was the safest way to go for us. My husband has many health problems and surgery is very scary. We have both been sleeved now and our future is finally brighter for us. We highly recommend the sleeve over anything else and following years of researching. Happy New Year and best wishes to your new future!!!!

Thank you and congratulations to both of you. I have health problems too. high blood pressure, cholestral and diabetes type II. I have heard that weight loss surgery can help these problems. I tried dietting the natural way but it did not last long. It was hard to keep it up.

I am looking forward to my surgery now. I am very nervous but very excited.

PS Happy New Year to you too. Any new year res this year for you?

I began Metformin several months ago and after surgery they took me off. My husband is a 30-year diabetic with terrible problems. We have HOPE that things will be better!

I have dieted all my life but finally lost that battle. Add in asthma, knee replacement, the diabetes, high blood pressure, well you get the picture.

I have a wonderful New Year's resolution! I resolve t start living. Simply put. I was sitting in a chair all year, this first year of my retirement, seeing no quality of life ahead. I was afraid to travel because of my husband's diabetic episodes of low blood sugar, or high blood sugar.

Here's (CHEERS!) TO US! BEST WISHES!

Happy New Year Linda! I hope that 2014 will be a great improvement on all our health and that you may travel somewhere lovely with your husband. I have a feeling that 2014 will be the best year yet

Thank you! Our goal is to be on the boat this year. It has sat in dry storage one year now. I am so excited about that! I am off Metformin now, and my husbands blood sugar is running 110 instead of 300-400 every day. Blood pressures are great too! I am happy for you that you are having this surgery. I lived in total fear of losing my husband every day with his out of control diabetes.

God Bless you! Do you have a surgery date? Keep the faith, this is awesome not being hungry. I read a lot of posts on here to try and stay informed. It helps.

What are your resolutions? Happy New Year to you! Linda

That is great news to hear. Hope that it continues to improve.

I read and heard that unlike the bypass, the sleeve leaves you feeling no hunger because the hunger hormone "Ghrelin" is removed. It would be great to be able to experience very little or no hunger.

My new year res? Going to go for surgery in Belgium with International Surgery Group very soon, I want to be able to go to fitness classes without being embarrassed, I want to eat healthy and know I am full without the need of big portions. I would love to go on holiday this year .... what about you?