Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve tools of the trade that have worked for you.

Hey everyone I would like to know what tools: Gadgets exectronic devise, exercise dvd etc would you suggest that would be tried and true for my sleeve to health journey. That I can use to help track, motivate and keep me on course. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!

Ie: fitbit, which one and why? Thanks

Edited by BellaHugz

I have a Fitbit Flex and love it. (I purchased it about a month before the Force came out). The Flex will synch with a smartphone via Bluetooth so for me it's not a big deal. I also track all my food on the Fitbit app - it suits me just fine. (You can connect it to myfitnesspal and it will synch with that if you're interested - a lot of people are on MFP.)

I use the Eat Slower app daily - This is an app that you set to the time you want to take between bites (I set mine at one minute). It will chime when it's time to take another bite.

Of course I visit this site daily - it's a nice motivator. I also belong to a Facebook group - we were all sleeved around the same time. It's important to network. I will also start participating in my local support group meetings in January.

@mcbutterpants ~Thank you for your response, I am headed out to buy a fitbit now. And got the extra app's for my phone.

I wonder if any one has the fitbit weight scale, would love to know if it is worth the cash.

For me, it's my scales: one for me and one for my food. Next up, smaller cups, plates and bowls. While I was still drinking Protein drinks, I loved my blender ball cup.

I also use a pill holder for my supplements. The Calcium ones are the only ones that don't fit. I store them in a sugar shaker. I keep them in the medicine chest by my toothpaste so I remember to take them.

Lynda

You're right, Lynda!

I forgot about my kitchen scale - I use it at every meal. Along with a myriad of measuring spoons and cups. Also, while we're in the kitchen - ramekins. I have a couple that will hold about 1/2 cup of food which is perfect for my smaller portions.

As for the Fitbit scale, I've heard they are great. I have a scale that works, so I won't get one until the current one breaks (hopefully not by me overloading it!)

I would be lost without myfitnesspal app. I log food and exercise everyday. I also have enjoyed the C25k app which trains you to run a 5k in 8 weeks. My scale for weekly weigh-ins. Strength training dvds and hand weights. I like Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" and The Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt".

@mcbutterpants ~Thank you for your response, I am headed out to buy a fitbit now. And got the extra app's for my phone. I wonder if any one has the fitbit weight scale, would love to know if it is worth the cash.

I got the Aria scale for Christmas and I love it! It tracks your weight, BMI, and body fat percentage. It can track several different people and by default doesn't let them see each other's weight. It uploads the numbers to Fitbit online which can sync with MFP. That means I can't play games with the numbers (oh I peed after so I need to take off another half pound) but that I can track trends daily.

I also got the Flex for Christmas as an upgrade from the One, which I got just before surgery. I didn't want the Force because I already wear a watch as jewelry. I like the Flex because it doesn't have to clip on, but you can't hide it like you can the One. And the Flex doesn't track altitude (stories climbed).

Daily I use MFP and BariatricPal, and I use a fairly cheap food scale that can measure in grams, kilograms, ounces and pounds.

My best investments are my tupperware containers because they seal so well for taking lunches to work, making shakes on the go, etc. I tried a lot of other brands before finally laying down the cash. And I have two Zojirushi vacuum flasks, a 12-oz one for coffee and a 16-oz one for Water. They keep things hot or cold for upward of 10 hours. I only drink one cup of coffee a day but it can take me most of the day to drink it and I want it to be hot! The flasks are available on Amazon and are not too expensive. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHOUI86/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

I have the Fitbit Force and love it! I do think I will buy the scale tomorrow before my surgery Tuesday! I also agree that MFP app is huge for keeping me on track.

Regular exercise is an immense help in improving your shape, especially strength training. I workout at home to Jillian Michael's dvds as well as lift hand weights at home and have a coupke step up boxes. For cardio, I downloaded the C25k app on my phone.