Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded on Thursday!

:nervous I am going to TJ to get banded on Thursday. I am a lower BMI. I started at 32, but the preop diet has my BMI down to 30. Anyone else out there got a low BMI. I am beginning to wonder if I am the only one out there getting banded at my weight. I've tried a million diets, diet pills, hypnosis, weight watchers and everything else. They all worked! For a while, then I gain it all back. I've lost 250lbs! That is 50-`60 pounds 5 times. I've always been pretty good at losing weight, but rotten at keeping it off. I hope I can make the band work for me

Marsene

207/196/135

5'8''

Dr. Ortiz

hi marsene, my friend went to tj and got banded. her bmi was 33. the doctor agreed to do it since she had tried everything else. she had a lot of abdominal fat and was getting sleep apnea and high blood pressure. she has lost 30 lbs since august. she is losing slow but healthy. good luck with the surgery, i hear Dr. Ortiz is very talented. let us know how you do. cat:D

HI, I've got relatively low BMI for this operation too, but there was no question of me needing the surgery as I already have sleep aponea, aching joints, high blood sugar. As it was, my weight sky rocketed by another 6kg just in the last 2 months, so the doc felt that this would be preventative measure for me.

All the best, & let us know how you go. I am 6 days after you on the 28th.

Cheers,

Cate

I am in a similar boat. I have severe arthritis in my neck and low back and the extra weight aggravates this. My triglycerides and cholestrol are both elevated and I tend to store weight around the middle.Plus I have a strong family history for Coronary artery disease and obesity. That seems like enough of a reason for me.

I don't see many people getting banded at BMIs close to 30. I don't know if most docs won't do it or what?

Anyway, I am excited about the opportunity for change.I've lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet. Who is your doctor?

Thanks for the encouragement,

Marsene

Hi Marsene,

My name is Kathy and I am getting banded in TJ on Thursday, Dr. Ortiz. My BMI is 34. I have also tried everything and cannot keep the weight off. My blood sugars are elevated and my blood pressure is high. It is time to do something that will last. I am so nervous. If you are going to Dr. Ortiz then I will see you Thursday.

Kathy

Hi again Marsene,

Just checked online & my BMI is around the 33 mark, but I suspect that it may drop a point after another week of the awful liquid diet that I am on.

All the best for Thursday - it's getting closer!

cheers,

Cate

(in New Zealand)

Woohoo Marsene & iluvamc best wishes on the beginning of the rest of your lives...keep us posted.

:) becky

I am really getting nervous. Yesterday I was bad on my liquid diet. Today I will stay on track. Has anyone else had trouble with the diet? I am afraid that they will not be able to do the surgery because I ate some things I shouldn't have. My surgery is Thursday. Has anyone else ever cheated on the pre-op diet and still had surgery. I am so irritated with myself.

Kathy

I am really getting nervous. Yesterday I was bad on my liquid diet. Today I will stay on track. Has anyone else had trouble with the diet? I am afraid that they will not be able to do the surgery because I ate some things I shouldn't have. My surgery is Thursday. Has anyone else ever cheated on the pre-op diet and still had surgery. I am so irritated with myself.

Kathy

I cheated last night. After I talked to Dr. Miranda, and she said we got to eat a last meal. I figured that I would skip my last meal in Tijuana and eat sushi with my daughter. I didn't go over but it wasn't a lean cuisine.

Oh well, onward and upward.

Marsene

Hi Marsene,

My name is Kathy and I am getting banded in TJ on Thursday, Dr. Ortiz. My BMI is 34. I have also tried everything and cannot keep the weight off. My blood sugars are elevated and my blood pressure is high. It is time to do something that will last. I am so nervous. If you are going to Dr. Ortiz then I will see you Thursday.

Kathy

I am excited to have someone else getting banded on the same day! There is also a woman named Marsha getting banded on Thursday with Dr. Ortiz. I am scared, but excited at the same time.

Where are you from??

Marsene

Marsene,

I live in Benicia, near San Francisco. How about you? I am also scared, but excited. I am so glad you will be there. I have not come across any postings from Marsha.

Kathy

I am flying in from Houston, I probably won't get in until kind of late. I am leaving Houston around 4:30 and I don't think my plane lands until 8:50pm. Marsha has a couple of posts on lapbandforum.com. She is not flying in and she is from CA as well.

Marsene

PS. I am glad to have someone else, too! I've probably already said that!