Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Misty

That is great about the shorten time.. It does go fast.. I will say the last month was my hardest... I keep telling myself not to feel defeated I needed this surgery to help be a tool so that is why it is so hard no tool yet...

I keep thinking of trying to build a house without power tools.. Can it be done yes, does it take longer yes would I rather do it that way... No...

Time to get the tool to make it go faster and easier. I still have to do the work but different type of labor involved...

My info for approval has been sent and the insurance is processing... Insurance rep said that is a good sign...just got to stay faithful until end if April then the power tool will show up...

Hi Misty, My name is Carol and I am nearly 9 months post-op. I have lost nearly 175 pounds. I have my life back, it is a wonderful thing. I have had a very easy time both with the surgery itself and with the many changes that you must embrace following surgery. I would encourage you to use the weeks leading up to surgery to prepare yourself in as many ways as you can.

Get on MyFitnessPal.com if you have not already done so, and begin tracking what you are eating. You don't need to use it to loose weight now (but I lost 40 pounds prior to surgery using this tool), but it will be invaluable tool after surgery when you will need to carefully track your Protein grams.

Begin some exercise now. I found a recumbent elliptical I was able to do - my knees were so bad it made walking painful and difficult. Even if you can only get in 30 minutes a few days a week, it will help your recover from surgery so much faster.

Begin making small changes to your diet now. Eliminate drinking calories and soda (even diet soda) and increase the amount of Water you drink. Try Protein shakes so you know which ones you like. Begin to make a point of getting some Protein at every meal.

The more work you do in these weeks leading up to surgery, the easier your experience will be following surgery. I can not put into words how amazing it is to really feel good and pain free EVERY DAY. I wish you all the best as you begin your journey.

Carol

Welcome Misty!! Glad to see you here!! I know 9 months seems like a long time, I only had to do 6 months but honestly it reality it flew by with all the appointments and tests and what not!<br><br> 6 kids, you are a trooper! Lol. <br><br> I think you will find this support forum amazing and you will never be "alone". New people are joining and everyone is in different stages so someone can relate to where you are, someone will want to be where you are, and others are farther along and can answer questions so NEVER feel alone!!

I am a year from my gastric bypass surgery and have lost 80 pounds. Only problem is I had lost 80 pounds in December and haven't budged since then. I have bouts of nausea with almost everything I eat. Protein Shakes are the worst! Just a few sips and I'm over the edge. I battle to get enough Protein but carbs are still double my protein on my pie chart. I still need to lose another 30 pounds.