Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I joined this amazing forum today, as I stumbled upon it as I was concluding my research as I start my liquid Diet tomorrow, I am excited... I deal with a bit of Anxiety but ironically the anxiety hasn't hit me! I think I am tired of being tired! My mind is made up, I'm not sure if I'm mentally ready, so I'm not going to think i'm just going to DO!

If any of you would love to follow my progress or if you don't mind me following yours send me a friend request on Facebook @Lupe Rose and or ad me as a friend here, I would love the company on my Journey! Good Luck to all of you. I appreciate any encouragement in advance.

Best

Lupe

Welcome to the Forums! Lots of good people on here going through EVERY stage, every question, every doubt, and every concern that you have. It's amazing how much compiled knowledge is on here. Welcome to your new family!

Hi,

Yes let's keep up with each other! I am a Neebie myself, having been sleeved on 11/20/13. All will be well. I suggest you ask your anesthesiologist for an anti-nausea patch before you go into surgery....that helped me SOOOOO much! I had absolutely NO vomiting or nausea associated with the surgery! Also, ask them for extra support for your head and neck for the surgery. This helped me alot too, I had NO pain in my neck or shoulders from the gas. And last but not least, I asked for a smaller tube gas tube to be used into the normal sized bigger one...

Bless U,

Numenow

Relax. Use this time wisely to get your house in order, gathering your Vitamins, and making sure you are stocked with low sodium Soups and other things you will need. If you keep busy this time will pass quickly and smoothly. It was a piece of cake for me because I was so thankful I qualified for the sleeve along with my husband. I am happier than ever for many years. We were sleeved 11/18 and 12/2 and life is soooooo good. I think we all have anxiety problems LOL but again, busying yourself will help you immensely!!! Like cleaning the garage!

Yes this site is awesome and you will need it, trust me. And your experiences will help others!!! Happy New Year!

Thank you all for your warm welcome, words of wisdom, and mostly for your encouragement! Today is day 4 of liquid only, the scale says im down 18 pounds, I am in shock! I am taking notes and taking heed to what you have each contributed. I coudnt thank you all enough..... Sooooooooo Whooooo Hoooooo Day four ..... 10 more days to go! :D (i can do it, I can do it, I can do it)

You can do it! I was on the pre-surgery liquid diet on Thanksgiving and we were hosting so not having the full dinner was not an option. I was concerned that it might be really hard to watch everyone eat, but it wasn't. I enjoyed talking with everyone and I just drank my shake while everyone ate. I did not feel left out at all and was not hungry. I jumped up when everyone needed anything and started the dishes as soon as we were done eating so it kept me busy.

I never had one bite of anything I was not allowed to have, but I only lost 15lbs before the surgery. You are doing fabulous! I had the sleeve surgery on 12/3, so I am 4 weeks post surgery and I have lost 29 pounds.

I suggest you talk with your anesthesiologist and share any and all concerns. They gave me an injection to calm me as soon as I got to the hospital and I was calm all through the process. I was concerned about nausea so she gave me a patch. I had absolutely no problems and spent only one night in the hospital.