Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Hey Roxie

About your port, it is closer to the surface as it's easier to access. I don't feel mine like I did. I still have some times when I lie on my right side that itis "there", a little uncomfortable, but not painful. Usually just shifting my body some will make it more comfortable.

Also, my doctor told me I would feel a "pulling" sensation for a while due to the fact that he sews the port to a muscle. This pulling gets better over time as the port kind of sets itself as you heal.

Hope this helps

misscarol53

Hello there Georgians:

My name is Lori Ann and I am from Tucker, Georgia. I was banded on the 24th of May at Dekalb Medical Center by Dr. Scott Steinberg.....he was great. I see there are some people from Stone Mountain, Decatur....we are all a skip, jump away from each other......we ought to get together sometime. Good Luck to everyone.

Hi Lori

Welcome aboard!

I'm from Dalton...a little ways from you.

I was banded on May 9th at Hamilton Medical Center by Dr. Jamiee

Ponce. Are you on solids yet? Where are you in your recovery?

Hi Lori

Welcome aboard!

I'm from Dalton...a little ways from you.

I was banded on May 9th at Hamilton Medical Center by Dr. Jamiee

Ponce. Are you on solids yet? Where are you in your recovery?

misscarol

HI Miss Carol and All,

Congrats on your surgery in May....I am not posting as much lately and failed to notice your post. I was self pay and Dr Ponce was just too high so I went to Dr Kuri in Mexico. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! I had my first fill on June 5th in Chattanooga with Dr Rose. Great experience too!! Dr Kuris cost / plane fare/ eats for my friend was around 10,000. Dr Rose fee was 2000 for 1 year so I feel very grateful to have saved 8000. My BCBS excluded weight loss surgery. I could have paid Ponce the 20 grand but did not want too. Period.

I hope you do well in the weeks to come Miss Carol. Keep us posted??

Hi!!! I am new to this thread- not from Georgia, but have BCBS of Georgia. (I am from Iowa) My records were just sent off to insurance today. They did not seem to require as much as some other insurances do. I was wondering if anyone out there had BCBS of Georgia? I am quite nervous about whether I will be approved or not. Anyone have any insight? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Im From Macon, GA and am considering seriously having this procedure done. I'm sched to go to the next siminar. I cant want! Anyone have sugestions as to what to ask the Dr?<p>I guess Its just you and me, I have just recently began to look into the lapband and thought I would join this forum. What do you think of it?</p>

I love it! Very informational. I found someone from my state going to the same doctor. We both submitted to insurance on Monday. We e-mail all the time and are able to really support each other. I am so glad I found this place, too!

Still looking for anyone with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. I am really nervous about whether I will be approved or not. Thanks!

I am from Folkston, GA and will be banded in about a week! I am so excited! I am using Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, MX. I am nervous about going out of the country, but have talked to dozens of people who were so satisfied with the surgery and experience there. I am so ready to begin my new life as a more healthy person.

Hi, fellow Georgians! I live in Albany and am waiting for my insurance to approve the lapband. I will be using Dr. Bagnato if everything is a go. I feel as though this will be my last option as I have failed at every other diet I have been on. I'm sure y'all understand...I can lose pounds but can't keep them off. I think they find pound buddies and they all jump back on...LOL