Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I was hoping to have big news by now...

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking and not posting lately. Been pretty busy working and trying to get my business back on its feet. My first year of banding I had spent so much time on the boards, it was hurting my recruiting business. I booked my tickets for Vegas for our October bandster bash. I confirmed with Penni and look forward to meeting our crazy and fun loving host Lisa. I also had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Leatha (who is a very cool hip person) and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone here that I feel are like family to me, even though I dont post that often anymore. And no one here on this site knows what I look like, so I may have to go out to lunch with Leatha so she can identify me as a legitimate bandster on this trip! I will even show my scars!! FYI: I am 39, Puerto Rican and Italian descent 5"6 and not half bad looking in my 12/14 tops and 16 pants. So it is not that I am embarrassed in anyway by my appearance. I just havent the tech savvy, time or know how to post my photos. I know, I know its scary since my husband is a software engineer and I recruit engineers in the food industry. There was a pic of me online at the Texas Bandster bash this year that was pretty good with the exception of the cigarette dangling from my hand. I promise to bring pics of my journey so far, so people can see how BIG I really was.

The big news I was hoping to report after Labour day was that I would have reached 199.5. I got as low as 200.0 this weekend and then got my monthly friend and I am at 200.5. I am hoping that I will reach 199 this week and finally after 14 1/2 months of banding reached onederland.

So for all the new folks, welcome here. Yes there are some of us oldies lurking out here and we are with you in spirit!!! And it is possible to lose big with the band!!! THirty lbs more to go........

Babs in TX

334/200/170

6/23/03

Good Grief, Babs! 134 pounds! I can't even imagine that. You must be so proud of yourself (and with just cause!) What are some of the helping things that you've learned along your "banding journey"? (P.S. I don't know how to post pics. either.):D

Wow Babs

You'll be in Onederland by next week!! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet you in Vegas for the October bandster bash!

WOW Babs: that is great 134 lbs. Whoo Hoo!!!

I plan on taking pics of everyone at Vegas both as a group and individually then will post them when I get home.

Wow, Babs, you are an inspiration! I know you've been working really hard and your progress is amazing to see. Congratulations!! And I'll bet that you HAVE been below 200 on occasion in the last week or so, but just didn't happen to jump on the scale at that moment. (I think we all are, at all times, a range of weights. Hence the "ish" in my sig.)

Sorry I won't be going to Vegas (this year), but I can't wait to see the pics from Lisa's backyard bbq!

Hi :

New Hope: The best I can tell you about being successful with the band is perseverence and sticking to the program 80% of the time. First Protein, then veggies and then if you have room to eat something else. I find this works for me. I also exercise several times a week, but have been lax for the last 2 weeks with the start of school and my hectic work schedule. But I know I will get back to the gym this week again. Before this, I exercised two-three hours a week doing some hard cardio. Also, my band is not extremely tight, so I have to make wise food choices. I tried tighter and had an unfill two weeks ago to less than I had before the fill. I am cool with this and feel more empowered. I have restriction, but not too much.

Vera: I am looking forward to meeting you too!

Betty: I am sure the more technically savvy people will post pics after the Vegas trip. So you will see me then, if not before!

Penni: Please take lots of pics!! I need some desperately to show people. I am bringing a camera as well.

Alex: I wish I could say that I hit 199.5, but I weighed myself at least 5x that day and jiggled around hoping to see it, but it didnt happen. But thanks for trying! LOL

I really am going to try to stick to the program this week and see the ones. I know I will get there, but I just want to be done with it already!!! Its the psychological trauma! Oh no, I am going to need more therapy.!! LOL I need to have a three pound below 199 reserve so I can drink tons of booze when I am in Vegas!

Babs in TX

334/200/170

6/23/03

Hi Babs!

Congratulations on the loss!!! You described how your fill feels perfectly for me. I have not had a fill yet and keep losing. I know I could be tighter but already still have to be careful about PB's. I am able to eat a lot less than pre-band and still try to make wise food decisions. I figure as long as I keep steadily losing the way I am, than I am fine at my current lack of fill until I at the very least plateau for a few weeks. I can't wait to meet you in person in Vegas, Teresa