Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous and Excited

Well I booked the day it is may 4 at TLBC and I can hardly wait. Alot of emotions. I feel really lucky to have this opportunity to do this. Although I am a little scared. I know things have to change, a little sad about not being able to drink diet pop. Although a small price to pay when you look at the big picture. How long did everybody take off of work?

Congrats on your surgery date! I just booked mine as well with Dr. Cobourn so I know exactly how you feel. I'm nervous too but know this is a good decision for me.

I agree on the diet pop thing - I love my diet coke! However, I've been trying to kick my pop habit for years so I'm glad that it's a no-no after the band.

I completely remember the nervousness AND excitement! You will be so glad you did this. And yep, I am happier in size 10 jeans than I ever was with a diet coke!

That is good to hear lianna 7 more pounds wait to go. JLB looks like our dates are close to each other, we can kick to diet coke together. It seems like i am drinking more because I have to give it up, go figure.

Funny you should say that. I just bought a 2L diet code on Friday and finished it on Saturday. A record for me! I think it's psychological. I expect I'll be over indulging on a few things between now and my surgery date. I'm already planning my farewell meals - farewell to my trusty old friend FOOD!

I think that we all go through the farewell tour. I know for me it was about 4 weeks of self induced food torture now that I look back at it. I beat my body into submission to get ready for my new life.

Congrats on making the decision. Dr. Coburn's team is great, and I felt really looked after with them.

As for the diet coke, I had a 6-10 can a day habit, 2-3 litres a day on the weekend, and I was able to kick that. Trust me, after the first few days you will feel great. I could not believe what that crap was making me feel like. It totally made me hungrier.

Andrew

I am really happy with Dr. C and I hear the TLBC team is great too. That's where Brookalaney is having surgery.

Sorry Brookalaney, I can't answer your question about how much time to take off work as I am a student so I'm not currently working. I've read other posts and I think it really varies with each individual. Some say 3-4 days, others say 3-4 weeks.

The time off depends completely on the type of "work" you do.

Just a sidenote: not all doctors agree on the pop thing (ie. carbonation).

I have an office type job, and I had my surgery on Wednesday Feb.14 and went back to work on the 26th.

I think I could have gone back sooner, but my boss was really good and told me to take all the time off.

Andrew

Hi Brookelaney,

I had my procedure done on a Friday and was back to work on Monday (cushy office job!!) but I wish I had taken the whole week off since I had quite a bit of back and chest pain (which is normal due to the anesthetic and the gas!)

Good luck to you - we're here for you!