Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op.. So nauseous, help?

3 days post op. First 2 days were fine. Today I've been so sick to my stomach. I've been able to keep my Protein Shakes down. I've taken my liquid Zantac as prescribed twice a day. Does anyone know if they sell those little stickers over the counter or something in a non pill form? Yuck I hate this feeling.

3 days post op. First 2 days were fine. Today I've been so sick to my stomach. I've been able to keep my Protein Shakes down. I've taken my liquid Zantac as prescribed twice a day. Does anyone know if they sell those little stickers over the counter or something in a non pill form? Yuck I hate this feeling.

I was just banded last Wednesday and was so nauseous because I wasn't getting enough calories. My doctor told me that I could have yogurt and baby food. After I ate some baby food I felt so much better. You can also try some ginger tea or mixing some ginger into your food. It's a natural tummy soother. Good luck and I'm sorry you are feeling bad. :-(

Call your doctor

3 days post op. First 2 days were fine. Today I've been so sick to my stomach. I've been able to keep my Protein shakes down. I've taken my liquid Zantac as prescribed twice a day. Does anyone know if they sell those little stickers over the counter or something in a non pill form? Yuck I hate this feeling.

Definitely call your surgeon, but in the meantime try to sip Water or suck on ice chips.

Nausea can be a symptom of dehydration, and that can cause you to possibly end up in the ER for IV hydration. I didn't realize this newly post op, and ended up in the ER.

I hope you feel better fast...

Yes, most certainly call the surgeon's office before the holiday, early in the morning incase they close at lunch!Best wishes, for your healing! Karen..aka.kll724

While your waiting for surgeons office to open... Mine told me that low calorie Gatorade will help if you are at the point of dehydration and feeling nauseous. Hopefully someone can run out and get you some and you can sip some down. The electrolytes help. Hand in there.

Edited by MyHighway

My surgeons office is closed all week. I know that my dr is on call 24 hours, I'm just trying to not bother him. I will try consuming more calories and drinking more. I will be sending my dad to get me some gatoraide later. I tolerate liquids and full cream blended Soups just fine, I'm just not hungry so I forget to eat. So far I've had 1 Protein Drink and half a can of cream of chicken Soup. That's been since 830am to 1230p. I'll keep on sipping. Plus... I haven't had a bowel movement since Friday. Could this be reason of nausea too?

Bother your doc. That is what he gets paid the very big bucks for! :) You need an anti nausea med. You should not be vomiting. My surgeon prescribed me a good one. He is adamant that his patients not vomit. I didn't need mine right after surgery but it is coming in handy now, when my gallbladder acts like an a*sshole and I feel sick.

Never feel guilty about asking your doctor to give you the medical care and attention you need. That is what they are there for. If they are unwilling to step up, we have the power to go elsewhere. :)

Did they send you home with Zofran?