Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to bring to Mexico

Hi,

I'll be having VSG surgery Mexico, and I think I'll be going by myself. I'll be going to Dr Ortiz in Tijuana. I'm wondering what, and how much to pack. I want to have everything I'll need, but don't want to over pack since I'll be traveling by myself. Even if I have someone with me (maybe my mom) she'll be coming from Florida, and I'll be flying back home to New Hampshire, well, flying into Connecticut, where hubby will pick me up. He will need to stay home with DD while I have surgery. Should I get everything into 1 small bag and carry on, or check it. Will I need wheelchair transport between flights, I'll be having at least 1 stop.

Any suggestions about packing, or even Dr Ortiz, will be greatly appriciated. Thank You!!!!!

Search for the dr. Ariel Ortiz and Obesity Control Center thread on this forum for hundreds of posts that should more than answer your questions. I just has surgery at OCC yesterday and am feeling pretty good. No pain, just gassy bloaty feeling. Back at the Marriott now and have already been up to Walmart plaza where I picked up some Isopure Protein Water at the GNC. Gonna take a nap while my companion has lunch. Then we'll head down to the pool area for some sunshine.

Key things I brought...phone and charger, ipad and charger, toiletries, my spirometer, Chapstick, couple books, t shirts, a sweater, jammys, and lounge/sweatpants with pockets. The pocket is handy for holding your drain pouch.

It all fit in a carry on which I will probably check for the trip home so I don't have to lug it onto the plane. you aren't supposed to lift more than 25# for 3 weeks postoperative. And no wheelchair for the airport. The more you walk the better. Especially when flying to reduce embolisms and edema.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">Hi,</p> <p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">I'll be having VSG surgery Mexico, and I think I'll be going by myself. I'll be going to Dr Ortiz in Tijuana. I'm wondering what, and how much to pack. I want to have everything I'll need, but don't want to over pack since I'll be traveling by myself. Even if I have someone with me (maybe my mom) she'll be coming from Florida, and I'll be flying back home to New Hampshire, well, flying into Connecticut, where hubby will pick me up. He will need to stay home with DD while I have surgery. Should I get everything into 1 small bag and carry on, or check it. Will I need wheelchair transport between flights, I'll be having at least 1 stop. </p> <p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);"> </p> <p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Open Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(249,249,249);">Any suggestions about packing, or even Dr Ortiz, will be greatly appriciated. Thank You!!!!!</p>

Oh yeah, and passport, and cash and credit card. Have plenty of $1 and $5 for tipping drivers, You will be charged $160 for postoperative Meds at OCC and you can pay cc or cash. The stores I've been to take American dollars, but you get you change in Pesos.

Thanks! Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are up and about. In regards to the wheelchair, I know of a least 1 airport that I was warned, the distance between gates is outrageous, (Atlanta) so I'll just make sure my stop does not include that, was just concerned about others that may be like that.