Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I self funded and included 1 year medical cover and 5 fills, this has now ended and have been told future fills will cost £250 . this seems very expensive , thoughts please x

That seems high. Does the NHS pick up any of that?

no they don't , could not get op on nhs , so had to go self funding as desperate , cant do 250 each time just too expensive .

my first thought is why are you not done with the fills. i sure hope i am not still getting fills in a year. are you not in the green zone yet? is there a reason you need more fills?

my first thought is why are you not done with the fills. i sure hope i am not still getting fills in a year. are you not in the green zone yet? is there a reason you need more fills?

It is entirely normal that bands get adjusted. You'll see veteran bandsters here and in the blogosphere getting adjustments over the years...nothing odd about that.

Over the last year I have had times when some of my fill has had to be removed due to stress ; which may seem strange to some but for me has caused problems sometimes making even liquid and soft stuff difficult to swallow ; a few months ago I had to have 1ml removed due to pain in my chest region where my port is located followed by a barium xray to check all was well ; which I am glad to say all seemed to be ok but did not explain pain . It has been not as straight forward as I had hoped but as my cover had now ended thought I would enquire about cost of fills should I need any further to be done as my original surgeon has now left and no-longer does fills ; I may not need any but just wondered how what I had been told compared to elsewhere in uk ? Not sure if I would class myself in the green zone or not , finding it a struggle at mo , the pain I have experienced etc certainly has not helped . I guess the moto is we are all on a journey and everyone of us will be different , this forum certainly reinforces that and not having the support group I was told run at my chosen hospital It has been hard to know whether what I have experienced was normal or just me .