Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anybody Lose Serious Weight?

I've lost 65 lbs since December 22nd... so less that 3 months

That is awful serious for me...

BUT I am working my ass off... literally. You have to watch the types of food you eat. You have to exercise. Trust me. I don't do without. I eat lots of things I love. You just make sure that once you've had your "treat" you get back to business.

I've got a long way to go, but I've reached the half way mark. I'm very happy with my band.

I have lost 55 pounds in a little over 3 months. I am also working my ass off to do it. I am exercising 6 days a week, and putting good healthy food in my body. I do agree that you have to be in the right place for it though. If you go into it thinking that the band will do it all for you, you are going to be disappointed. It's not a miracle cure, it's just a tool. An amazing tool, but still just a tool. Once you start getting fills, and get to that sweet spot, it will come a little easier. Just be patient, and be willing to put some effort into it, and you will be rewarded.

I have been banded on August 1st. I started at a size 28/30, barely fitting in those, but couldn't find any bigger clothes. Since then I have lost over 80 pounds. I am now a size 14/16, and I am sure those will be too big soon. So in my opinion I think I have lost some serious weight.

I just past my first month mark on the 15th. I started the process at 296. At the time of surgery I was 277 and am now at 259. I find 18 pounds very exciting but I can understand how you feel. If you can, increase the exercise. The will not only help you feel better it will encourage the body to lose the weight and help build important muscle. It's hard not to want an immediate weight loss but the band is not immediate.

I think one thing you have to consider also, is someone like me who didnt lose any weight (well, very small amount) until I had proper fills which took months. because I wasnt filled enough I ate whatever I wanted pretty much which is how I got fat in the first place. Now with proper restriction I am eatling a lot less, seeing results on the scale and thats motivating me to get to the gym three days a week. I have lost half my weight since mid january when the fills got tighter.

Also, keep in mind, there are a ton of people on this site that dont do shit for themselves as far as proper eating. I read on a lot of the food threads people looking for ways to make the wrong food choices band friendly. THESE are the people who lose 15 pounds in 6 months. Of course there are exceptions, so no one jump down my throat, but a lot of it is them eating what they can, not what they SHOULD. I was still be able to eat chips, so thats what I would snack on until I got VERY impatient about my weight loss and did something about it.

Could I have dropped this without the band, probably. Do I ever get a bit discouraged when i see other August bandsters with a ton more weight lost, of course, Im human. Do I sometimes wonder if the band was the right choice for me, of course. I keep going though. I cant eat squat right now because I am tighter then I have ever been, and I like it that way. It keeps me from trying to sqeeze crap down my throat that I shouldnt even be looking at.

Keep your chin up, as with any major goal/lifestyle change, you will have ups and downs, not just with your weight. Instead of getting down on myself about not having 80 pounds under my belt yet, I use those people as motivation by thinking about what I can change. It makes me see whats possible if I buckle down and focus on me and what I want to look like.

Sorry for the ramble!

Thanks for the encouragement! It is nice knowing that there are people that are there to cheer you on. I have decided to stop worrying about the negative reports and do what is right for me. Trying to sabatoge yourself before you get started good is a perscription for failure. But WOW! I love reading what y'all have accomplished ....YES there has been some serious weight loss...It is amazing at how many people feel the way I do. YOu know, it is hard to say some of the things I feel to loved ones because they really don't fully understand the "fight" but here....on this site there are many that are walking the same path. I am glad to have the company of so many wonderful people. Here is to being HEALTHY and FIT!

It sounds like you have a good attitude. Just remember to stay focused and you will do great. The only way your family will understand is to continually tell them and keep them updated on the challenge you are embarking on. This is a very exciting time in your life. Relish it.

I'm considered a slow loser at 1 lb a week. I have lost almost 50 lbs in 9 months. It can be a long process. It depends on if you follow the band rules, how much you exercise, drink Water, etc. etc. Good luck.

It all depends on you and the choices you make and your body. I've lost 154lbs in a little over a year.

i truly think it depends on how well you use the band as a tool ..

if i eat not so well and do not work out ... the weight does not drop much - if any..

i eat right and work out daily, weight drops fabulously!! :girl_hug:

i am almost at 90 pounds at 5 1/2 months ... not too bad.