Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My scale vs doctor's scale

So yesterday before I went to the doctor I weighted myself on my scale with clothes it said 265lbs w/o it said 262lbs . So I get to the doctor and was so disappointed to see that there scale read 271lbs :( I guess I'm not doing good after all

My dr's scale is always a bit higher than my home scale. It used to bother me, but now I expect it. Don't let it discourage you! Looks to me like you're doing great!!! :D

are you serious??

let me tell you a story......i was leader to TOPS, a WL group once...and had 12 people bring in a scale......serious and true...i got on EACH one..and let me tell you i weighed higher on some...less on others.....

if you are losing inches, you are losing weight..

please do not let the scale (or scales) rule your life or your thinking..

if you are eating great foods, exercising and doing what you are doing, you are doing OUTSTANDING in my eyes...

i wish you saw yourself as i see you..

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

It's never a good idea to compare data from two different instruments unless they've been calibrated together.

Only compare your weight from your home scale to earlier weights from your home scale and only compare weights at the Dr's office to earlier Weights at the Dr's office.

When your over 200lbs remember a fluctuation of 2lbs is less than 1% difference most general use machines are only maintained and designed with an assumption of a 3% margin of error. In other words don't sweat the small ups and downs just stay focused on your overall trend. If you weigh less than you did 30 days ago your doing fine if not then look into adjusting your nutrition or exercise or maybe schedule a fill.

On one of my early visits to the doctor, he asked me how much I had lost. He didn't even look at the chart in his hands. I asked him if I could go by what my scales at home tracked instead of what the scales in his office tracked. He said yes. So, now when I visit him and he asks me how much I've lost, I give him the number based on my home scale. I weigh early in the morning at home. I often see him in the middle of the day. So, it's a more consistent record from home. Don't be discouraged by the numbers...they don't define us. Just listen to your body. Is it happier and healthier? Then you are doing it right :)

i have said this before. i stopped weighing myself at home. it is so different than the doctor's although as i lose weight my scale apparently can weigh me a little better at the lighter weights. but at the beginning my scale was 10 lbs different than my doctors'. and now it's 5lbs. but i just can't escape the mind games the scale does to me. it changes the way i eat during the day. i know i eat healthy, i know i can't eat a lot thanks to my band and i get in some exercise everyday. so the scale isn't needed.

Yes it is frustrating, but if you step on your doctors scale every month then it will be an accurate measurement for you (although different from your home scale).

Last time I went to the doc (3rd time on scale)...i got on fully clothed with sneakers on...but thats the way I did it the month before and the month before that....with my clothes and sneakers on so now it is an accurate weight!

Try not to let the scale rule you....I'm still working on that one! :)

I was thinking about not getting on my scale just wait until I go to the doctor office every 5 wks , but I be doing the monthly challenges