Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

The PB'ing will last as long as we have restriction without dilation, or slippage, and refuse to eat right. It is caused by our own inattention for the most part, so it lessens as we learn what our own bodies will and will not handle. Occasionally there are people who just have problems with the band causing everything to back up---and for them they are quite common. Unfortunately this often means there is a deeper problem. I have been banded for 11 months, and have only had 2 true PB's---to the point of actually bringing everything up. I have been lucky---and very careful when away from home. At home when I get too slack in my eating habits, I have slimed many a time, but I spit and walk, and stretch, and have avoided further problems. The slime is very thick and heavy. It is naturally produced by the body when it is trying to help us move food through, either from something being stuck or overeating. When you swallow the slime, it tends to pool together due to the weight of it. When I say it is heavy and gooey and thick---it is not an over statement!!! So when you swallow it, and you are already overfull, or stuck, it has nowhere to go---so eventually it will fill into your esophagus, and a PB will be next. When you do PB (basically like vomiting) the slime comes out in "ropes". It conforms to the shape of the throat, but is all together, due to the weight of it. It is tasteless, and odorless, it is gross, but nothing like stomach acid. When you PB it is the slime and the undigested food---nothing else. In that way it differs from real vomiting.

As for the belly/skin issues----oh yeah I got those!!! I was heavy (yeah talk about understatements!!!) but I carried all of my weight in my belly. Well most of it. I always had fairly thin legs---still do. Not much butt---still don't. My hips were always narrow. My belly----omg........it was huge---still is in my mind! I also have large breasts, and my upper arms were getting pretty heavy. I have lost a lot of weight from my torso. I can see my collar bones, and feel my ribs, and hip bones. My belly is beginning to look like a balloon that has been blown up and deflated several times. The skin is crepey, and soft. I figure the first of next year, I will be ready to get the TT. I would like a boob lift too---but I have keloid factor, and scar pretty badly. The plastic surgeon I spoke to years ago concerning a reduction, said it would be dicey, and he would not do it. I don't know if they have come up with new ways or not. My port scar is just now almost a year later, returning to normal coloration, but is pretty ugly still. I know the TT scar will be bad, but it will not be as limiting as this skin hanging in my way.

My high weight was 289, and I am tall, I am 5'9". I am still 200 pounds and if I had this skin gone I could easily fit into a size 12 jeans. I am wearing 14's, just to accomodate my belly....the butt and thighs have excess room. I just want to "deflate" this belly as much as possible before surgery.

Til then, I can totally relate to the sudden sighting of the blob. My DH knows I am unhappy with it, he allows me my vanity!! I don't like him touching it! He can touch me anywhere else, but do NOT play with the belly skin!!! I thought about the satin slip gowns, then just letting them slide off the shoulders, to pool about my middle to "hide" it....but I figured that was a bit orchestrated....and am more of a go with the flow kind of person. Just don't touch it! LMAO!!!

Kat

Just think, maybe not a bikini, or skin tight body suits, but boy will you look good in a pair of jeans and a tucked in shirt someday!

That is what I am looking forward to, just tucking in a shirt, or wearing cute little sweaters is what I dreaming of right now!