Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

I just sceeeeer'ed myself! Got out of the shower and caught a view of myself in the mirror. I'm a little beyond 50% to goal and my stomach looks like that of a 300 y/o smoking lady, wrinkles and all.

Man, that's just wrong. I have worked sooo hard and my stomach is just gross.

Personally, I consider this a Lap Band Complication!

:(

I will NEVER take my clothes off AGAIN!

You should be proud of all you have done. How may people really see you getting out of the shower anyway? :( If you have considered plastic surgery you should check out the pics on the lower body lift threads. Some of them are amazing! Puddin's are especially unbelievable! Very encouraging. Good luck to you!

Great to have good friends huh! I'm asking you alot of questions all of the sudden,but what is sliming? (and I'm the one who just asked about UNTIE too)

I just sceeeeer'ed myself! Got out of the shower and caught a view of myself in the mirror. I'm a little beyond 50% to goal and my stomach looks like that of a 300 y/o smoking lady, wrinkles and all.

:(

WOW, just think how close to plastic surgery you are to remove that apron hanging on your stomach. *Mine looks like a 11 month pregnant woman*

BubbleButt you must have some good weight loss to not be filling out that tummy. Isn't that the possitive side-I can't wait to not fill out my skin!

#$%^ I'm feelin' your pain sister. I'm kind of ashamed to say that for that reason alone I almost decided to NOT get banded. I'm a little.. ok more tha a little.. worried about the loose skin thing. hang in there and give your skin time to shrink back some. That sucks and I hate that you are discouraged but you know.. I'll probably be screaming the same thing in about 6-9 months myself. sigh

You'd think, but honestly... I don't feel like that now. Sure, I'm pleased with my weight loss but I am not the least bit pleased with what it looks like.

I've worked really hard, I've done all the right things, I have also barfed in ways I didn't know were possible. Repeatedly. I feel like a gerbil in a wheel on my treadmill. I fully relate to Fred flinstone driving his car while running on my treadmill. I had surgery right before xmas and didn't cheat a single time.

It just feels like something pretty should come of this. Instead my gut looks like dead pig skin.

It was just a bit of a shock, that's all.

You know what's going through my mind? The thought that I'm going through all this and My hubby will still be grossed out when I don't have clothes on after I lose the weight. So, are we to look bad no matter what because of the food abuse we wrought upon our body? Of course he says.. don't be silly but he's just being nice. Whatever. What are your stats?

I'm 5'6" 37 yrs old and my top weight was 341ish.

T

You know, for the first time it dawned on me today that the mere thought of EVER going out in public with a two piece swimming suit.. it's totally out of the question. Even with plastic surgery it won't fix everything.

Shoot, I'm not sure I can ever see myself going out in public in a one piece suit.

It's gross, it's fugly, it's just nasty. Even money can't fix this one.

:)

I was talking to my husband about this exact thing the other day. He said but wouldnt you rather have that and be able to walk around and be healthier. All the skin, thats something I have been worrying about lately too.

Synical

I am amazed you posted that about the loose skin. Of course we are going to have looose skin. And that is what we ALL need to be saving up for. And JUst FYI, the loose skin also weighs weight on the scale, so in reality, when we getour tummy tucks we will be losing even more weight on the operating table. Go look at the before and after pix. I know I will never do a bikini, but at 43, I don't want to be in a bikini, that is showing too much skin for me. Just FYI too! Every woman who has had a baby has an apron, it just probably is not thick like usheavy woman have, so when we lose more weight our heavy apron will be less heavy too.

Lap Dancer...

You are correct, and it's just FUGLY.

:eek:

(and is it me or banana16 looking "happy"?)

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I haven't been banded yet and I already have an apron. I hate it so much. It scares me to think of what it will look like after I lose the weight. :eek: </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Synical

I am amazed you posted that about the loose skin. Of course we are going to have looose skin. And that is what we ALL need to be saving up for. And JUst FYI, the loose skin also weighs weight on the scale, so in reality, when we getour tummy tucks we will be losing even more weight on the operating table. Go look at the before and after pix. I know I will never do a bikini, but at 43, I don't want to be in a bikini, that is showing too much skin for me. Just FYI too! Every woman who has had a baby has an apron, it just probably is not thick like usheavy woman have, so when we lose more weight our heavy apron will be less heavy too.

HMMM I think I just developed a new fondness for bananas....

Have I just not noticed this before or is that banana a happier banana than the others?

You know, I could write stuff... but I probably shouldn't. I do wish Carlene was over here, I know exactly what she'd say! HAHA!

Sliming is when something gets stuck in your stoma. Your body produces a thick saliva in an attempt to make it slide down. If it doesn't, you PB slime. It comes out in ropes. Gahhhh

COMES OUT FROM WHERE IN ROPES???????????????????????????????