Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did the first fill work for you did you loose or gain ?

hi ,

getting my second fill this sat . I was wondering if anyone gained or lost weight or stayed the same with the first fill ?

Also did you loose inches and no weight ? are you shrinking more than looseing weight ?

thanks

clau

they gave me 5 cc and i have NO restriction.. and yeah i'm probably gaining weight! i can't wait until my second fill....

Most of our patients need somewhere around three fills to get to their 'sweet spot.'

I know one patient who lost 99 pounds on one fill, and others that didn't start losing until several fills.

Each person is unique and it might take some time to get to your sweet spot.

I have the large VG band and it wasn't until I hit 8 cc's that I began feeling restriction. I'm going back for another fill on 3/27.

thank to all for your input i went to my 2nd fill and I am on liquids so hopefully i will hit my sweet spot.

congrats to all on your weightloss and pls keep me posted with any advice :(

clau

I lost a little bit but I had to go back in within 2-4 weeks for another fill. It took me 5 fills to hit my sweet spot. Good luck.

I have not lost in almost two months. I went to Dr. Lopez, new to me today. I learned so much. He gave me my second fill. I am now 3ccs. I am so positive now. I could fill the difference within 20 minutes. I am full to the top even though I only drank today. I am on Clear Liquids today, smooth creams tomarrow, and anything I can mush with a fork the 3rd day and then back to normal diet. He also told me NO Protein shakes for banders, only bypass, usually. He told me to get "beach bars or snicker go bar. I was surprised! I have never had the confidence to change doctors before, but because of this support group I knew I needed a fill, and the other doctor could not get me in until April. I am on top of the world again. Thank you everyone for sharing!!!!!:speechles

hi ,

getting my second fill this sat . I was wondering if anyone gained or lost weight or stayed the same with the first fill ?

Also did you loose inches and no weight ? are you shrinking more than looseing weight ?

thanks

clau

The lady that does my fill (she has her own band) says that the weight loss won't start until the 2nd fill. She's been doing it for years.

In over two years with my band I had 5 fills and still not found my «sweet spot». I have an A.M.I. band which takes 10cc and I'm currently with 7,5cc. Hopefully when I get to 8cc I'll feel more restriction.

niki