Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my surger on September 24th and then had to have it revised on november 12th because my port flipped. Well ive been fine and losing weight but im starting to feel some pain right below my left breast. Its not major pain but it hurts if I lay on that side or bend over. I see my doctor in the morning but im paranoid and wont sleep thinking about it. Has anyone experienced this? I read that it could be a sign on slippage but I have no other symptoms at all. Anyways any insight would help! Thanks!

HI!

Im glad you're seeing your doctor tomorrow so you can get a more accurate answer soon.

When I had the band, I often had gas that seemed to be stuck difference places. Right under my left rib was a favorite place for it to hang out.

I've also heard of referred pain, and with your having had surgery it could just be some leftover sensations as your body continues to heal.

I really don't know, just voicing a couple of things it could be.

I once called my surgeon because I had some symptoms that I'd read online could be a sign of slippage...and he told me right away that that was not what was happening. I don't know how he knew that, but my point is just because you've heard a symptom could be a sign of slippage, doesn't mean it's a sign that your band has slipped! (and I was freaked out, believe me!)

From what I've read, I would think you might be have problems with eating and drinking if there was a slip----but please know that I do NOT know very much at all about this kind of thing.

It's good that you're seeing your doctor in person tomorrow and can describe and point to the exact spot you are having pain.

Just get a good night's sleep; there is nothing to do about it right now from what you've described.

~hiddn

Thank you for your reply. It has helped put my mind at ease. Im just extra paranoid since last time I saw him it wasnt good news and now its like what else is gonna go wrong? But thank you very much! I hope its nothing!

Thank you for your reply. It has helped put my mind at ease. Im just extra paranoid since last time I saw him it wasnt good news and now its like what else is gonna go wrong? But thank you very much! I hope its nothing!

You're welcome!

It could just be your port healing again. Is your port on your left side? Could be a nerve inflamed.

I can understand you worrying. I've often found myself wishing I had a medical background so I could understand more of how my body is working and what symptoms could mean.

sleep well :) This, too, whatever it is, shall pass. And soon you'll be enjoying the holidays!!

~hiddn

No advice, just a ((((hug)))). Glad that you are seeing your surgeon,too. it doesn't sound like a slip! I have had 2, and believe me, it usually manifests itself differently than that! Best wishes, I hope that you got some sleep! Karen...aka..kll724

Hope it all goes well today and you are relieved of any worries -- referred pain can be hard to figure out sometimes. Best wishes!

Hope it all goes well today and you are relieved of any worries -- referred pain can be hard to figure out sometimes. Best wishes!

I'm not sure if this referred pain and it has nothing to do with my band but my right lower cheek if you get my drift has alot of pain when I walk. It sometimes makes my knee click like it's not bending straight. Think it's my back or my hip? If either who would I see? A bone doctor or chiropractor or back doctor? .Rheumatologist maybe?

I don't see my primary until feb 22 and my hip or whatever is staying longer and happening more frequent. Maybe I just need an MRI to see what might be wrong. Possibility. Whatcha think?

I too have days where I seem to have more pain under my left rib (My port is healthy and lives below my ribs). I found that pain to be gas related typically but I do believe that occasionally my tubing makes its way up that direction and irritates me. There are days I can not lay on that side. My doctor said its all normal and I have had it checked out via test and such. Its all good. Good luck!! Let us know what happens at your doctors apt.