Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found an interesting Blog

and its not like the people having this surgery are in good health. most of us have co-morbitities. they are called this because they are serious conditions, not annoyances. my surgeon was very clear at orientation... the heavier you are, the more co-morbitities, the higher the risk of complications or death. he shoots straight from the hip and didnt sugar coat anything.

ok I get it everyone is doing great no complications its like getting a tooth pulled really? I hardly think getting a tooth pulled compares to invasive surgery. If we compare things it needs to be apples to apples and not oranges to apples. I just wonder why everyone needs to over compensate regarding how great and easy this surgery is. Its only making me more apprehensive as I would really like to get this surgery but not at all costs. I have gerd now and its horrible.

I would just like some real honesty from posters not bs. If its hard I want to know why?

The poster who said her doctor said you will not die from this surgery and you think he is so great who is your doctor so I can go to him

I realize Sue is exagerrating and really negative but I dont want the comlete opposite either just the truth please.

ok I get it everyone is doing great no complications its like getting a tooth pulled really? I hardly think getting a tooth pulled compares to invasive surgery. If we compare things it needs to be apples to apples and not oranges to apples. I just wonder why everyone needs to over compensate regarding how great and easy this surgery is. Its only making me more apprehensive as I would really like to get this surgery but not at all costs. I have gerd now and its horrible. I would just like some real honesty from posters not bs. If its hard I want to know why? The poster who said her doctor said you will not die from this surgery and you think he is so great who is your doctor so I can go to him I realize Sue is exagerrating and really negative but I dont want the comlete opposite either just the truth please.

You want no bs??? Well I haven't taken a decent shit in a whole year! :P

omg really so did you have the sleeve or gastric bypass or next question are you at least skinny?

I had the sleeve. And I think it was "antiBand" that mentioned the pulled tooth..

She wasn't comparing this to a pulled tooth, just that you can die from any medical procedure.

This is major surgery and things can go wrong it not a cute little spa day to get rid of a few extra pounds this is the last stop. The final resort.

To be done after all other avenues have been exhausted.

Am I skinny??

Some would say yes. In fact some would even call me a skinny bitch :D

ok I get it everyone is doing great no complications its like getting a tooth pulled really? I hardly think getting a tooth pulled compares to invasive surgery. If we compare things it needs to be apples to apples and not oranges to apples. I just wonder why everyone needs to over compensate regarding how great and easy this surgery is. Its only making me more apprehensive as I would really like to get this surgery but not at all costs. I have gerd now and its horrible.

I would just like some real honesty from posters not bs. If its hard I want to know why?

The poster who said her doctor said you will not die from this surgery and you think he is so great who is your doctor so I can go to him

I realize Sue is exagerrating and really negative but I dont want the comlete opposite either just the truth please.

I am one of those who had WLS and am still fighting the complications after one year+ . Was it worth it..For me yes...I was dead anyway before my surgery...Not because of high blood pressure or heart issues and the like, but I was in so much pain I could no longer move, stand or walk for long..My future was in a wheel chair or worse...Nope I was at the end of all options....

I almost died!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact they were sure I would. But I am here so I guess it didn't happen...

Weight loss surgery is not for the faint of heart.. it is a life long commitment to changing your life and mind set...It takes bloody work and will power and courage to change who you have been for years working from the mind to the body....

Don't do this unless you are ready for a change and the possibility of things going bad, maybe really bad as in my case.....

Personally, I would do it all again. but that is just me!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

ok thanks but the surgery obviousley stops the hunger so you can diet correct?

Yes, yes, yes....but only to a certain point. Once your stomach heals and it relaxes a bit..then you will be faced with head hunger and even being able to get more in your sleeve.....I went from a 1/4 c to a 1/2 c to 1 c now.....

That is going to slow down your over all weight loss...Before this it is called the honeymoon period...so enjoy it while you can...because after that you are going to have to start dealing with head hunger and other issues.....K

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

I choose to bypass horror stories so I did not read. I like being informed, however we are all different and have different issues. Stay positive and hang with positive people!

ok thanks but the surgery obviousley stops the hunger so you can diet correct?

Only for some people. I'm 8 weeks out and I get hungry. However, I also get full very quickly. From what I can see I'm able to eat more than some people but that doesn't mean much.

The blogger is clearly one screwed up and hate filled individual. How ever this thread has delivered some great links to studies I was unaware of on the long term impacts of the sleeve. So thanks!

In other news, I am twenty months post OP and recently started regular BM again. Out of the blue and totally welcomed. Every day. After Breakfast. Seriously. EVERY DAY. I have to stop myself taking photos. So happy.