Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the phone call!

Got the call from kaiser yesterday, get to start Options course January 6th! 12 weeks and then I can have the gastric sleeve surgery! So grateful our insurance covers WLS, I feel like here's my second chance to be healthy for my kids... I'm so excited and nervous! Any advice on what you did to lose that 10% before surgery? I don't want my head to play that game on me and say "well I better eat that since I won't be able to soon".... I tend to do that before any weight program I start! Any advice and motivation welcomed!

Stick to the 2 Protein Shakes and a Sensible dinner you'll be ok.. 10 lbs isn't hard to lose

I did that x.x ... I ate wat ever i wanted too i had surgery the 9th 3 days post o.. And i dont regret what i ate before ... I am dying right now so much pain. :( hope everything goes perfect :)

Congratulations!!!!!! Woop Woop! Best luck to you!

Im in the Kaiser program now too, It's actually a great resource to learn everything you will need to know before the surgery (mind you some of the stuff they talk about is just repetitive and overkill for anyone who has ever tried to lose weight ). My program is 24 weeks as opposed to 12, but it has gone by pretty quick so far (6 weeks in). I know I have to start getting on track to lose my 10%, but I also kind figure that I can lose it in the 4 months of classes that I have after the first of the year...good luck to you!!

Im in the Kaiser program now too, It's actually a great resource to learn everything you will need to know before the surgery (mind you some of the stuff they talk about is just repetitive and overkill for anyone who has ever tried to lose weight ). My program is 24 weeks as opposed to 12, but it has gone by pretty quick so far (6 weeks in). I know I have to start getting on track to lose my 10%, but I also kind figure that I can lose it in the 4 months of classes that I have after the first of the year...good luck to you!!

Awesome! You must be in San Diego area! We will be getting sleeved around the same time since we'll be finishing classes around the same time! So it's 10% of your starting weight at the orientation that they took? Do u know if you lose too much you can then not qualify?

Yes...Im in San Diego!! They told us at Orientation that it was the weight at orientation, but once we started classes they told us it was the weight you were at when you met with the doctor. Now, my sister said that she didn't meet with a doctor until halfway through the classes, so if you don't meet with a doctor before the classes start, then I would assume that they use your orientation weight. My sister had me downing bottles of Water before each appt to keep my starting weight high, but it didn't really matter..its still about 30lbs that I need to lose. My sister didn't actually reach her 10% and still had the surgery, but I'm going for the 10% just to avoid any delays!! And no, they told us in one of the classes that one lady lost like 60 lbs throughout the classes and the surgeons didn't want to let her have the operation (we use Scripps surgeons in San Diego) and so since she still wanted the surgery and had done everything to qualify, they sent her to another county to have the surgery through a Kaiser surgeon. So they say it isn't possible to lose too much to not get to qualify

I did Atkins to lose the 20 pounds I had to lose before surgery. It helped shrink my liver, and also got those pounds off to get me qualified.