Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things ive learned, the funny but not so funny!

Dump happens ...

Dump happens ...

I hear dump alot.. what does that mean?

Dump happens ...

I hear dump alot.. what does that mean?
So dumping doesn't happen often but when it does, it's when sugar or carbs, milk , candy , oj, whatever it may be, literally goes through your stomach to your intestines to fast ( this, dumping into your intestines) and then your intestines sends a warning Harmon or chemically that it's not happy, which gives you the dumping symptoms! It's a protection mechanism , even though there really is no danger the intestines think there is because they can't digest sweets when the just arrive( are dumped) without the proper stomach brake down! Usually with the sleeve it doesn't happen often! My husband gets it from time to time! It cause rapid heart rate, and just an overwhelming feeling of sickness, but again the symptoms are harmless, they suck an last for a couple hours but are harmless!

I've learnt (this evening in fact) that you can't even eat half a barbecued sausage at a Christmas party without throwing up. Got so i'll I had to come home and vomit in peace!!

<p>I've learnt (this evening in fact) that you can't even eat half a barbecued sausage at a Christmas party without throwing up. Got so i'll I had to come home and vomit in peace!!</p>

Isn't vomiting a new adventure lol! I never did unless I was sick, and now even Water can make me throw up! But at least when your done you can continue on like nothing happened! Lol

That's true! And i would have puked and carried on at the party. Except there had been a slight issue with the door lock, and one of the guests had been locked in the bathroom for 3/4 of an hour! They had to take the door off to get him out. So puking in a bathroom with no door...?

<p>I've learnt (this evening in fact) that you can't even eat half a barbecued sausage at a Christmas party without throwing up. Got so i'll I had to come home and vomit in peace!!</p>

Isn't vomiting a new adventure lol! I never did unless I was sick, and now even Water can make me throw up! But at least when your done you can continue on like nothing happened! Lol

I'm proud to say that since being sleeved (5 mths), I've only thrown up twice. Totally my fault. At a couple bites too much. It's much harder to do than my DAILY barfing sessions with my lapband. I became such a proficient barfer. I've thrown up out my car door on the side of the freeway, behind the dumpster at Best Buy, in restaurant bathroom (usually with someone in the next stall asking "r u alright?"), in the bushes at a friends poker party (I didn't want anyone to hear me in the bathroom so I went out to the yard), in my own yard (didn't want hubby to hear me) and any other place u can think of.

It takes much more effort to barf now so it's truly not worth it. And I'm so happy it's in my past. I think I lost 104 lbs from pseudo-bulimia...

Lesson learned: Don't compare your rate of loss to others

I think I lost 104 lbs from pseudo-bulimia...

Haha! Yes, my surgeon said that the Lap-Band is equal to surgical bulimia! But it's no effort to puke. It's not like I feel particularly ill (except occasionally). It's more like a productive hiccup! I totally identify with those who say "never trust a fart". I also say "never trust a hiccup"!!!