Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Weeks Post Op Eating

My husband said to me today that I eat a lot more now then I did when I first started eating which was 3 weeks ago. I eat about a half a cup of food and still losing weight I eat 3 times a day and a snack. I don think I'm eating too much. I still eat mostly puréed stage list. He has never said this to me before but it makes me worried now that I'm falling into old habits. I know the further out you go you can eat more but still I measure half cup. Opinions?

Hw-274

Sw-265

Cw-224 last weds.

Edited by disterdis

Well my first reply would be to ask your husbands qualifications are??

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's not your nutritionist..

I can't speak to if you are taking in to much because quite honestly we all have different capacities. Are you overly full? Just because you measure out that much doesn't mean you need to eat it all., but if it just satisfies the hunger without over stuffing then you are on target.

To be safe I would read your post op instructions and make sure your measurements are following their plan. And if they are? You're all good ;)

This early on it is normal to eat more than you did a week ago because you're healing and the swelling at 6 weeks is less than at 3 weeks.

As long as you're measuring and not feeling stuffed like Laura said, you are probably fine. Your husband is either concerned and trying to help or jealous and playing head games. You know him, I don't, but i hope he's trying to help!

I eat to where I start to feel it. I don't go past that or it hurts and that's overdoing it. So I don't think I am but just made me self conscious of the situation. I stick with same basic foods like egg for Breakfast, Soup, tuna or cottage cheese for lunch, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese or soup for dinner. I don't eat much meat. I'm trying to add more for the Protein.< /p>

I know his intentions are good and he doesn't mean anything harmful by saying that. We were having a conversation of I didn't think I was losing weight this week and that was his comment.

You are going to be able to eat more when you eat things like Soup and even mashed potatoes. You really want to try and move away from those things a bit (cottage cheese, tuna, and eggs are good Protein sources) and start incorporating more dense proteins.. Some soft fish for dinner or even chili will fill you more and stick with you longer. I eat a lot of chicken but in those early stages I ate canned chicken just because it was easier to get down you will find that when you get to those denser Proteins you may be eating less of them..

Edited by laura-ven

Ok thanks. The few times I did try meat it hurt so I tried staying away from it. tuna has been fine though. I have been ust sticking with the puréed foods but going to start, it should be better by now. Guess it's time to go shopping.