Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Saw This And I Like It Hope You Guys Like It

Dear excess food/weight,

I'm leaving you. We've had some good times, but they were always fleeting. I gave you so much of my time and focus. You, in return, gave me bad knees, hips and back, and ugly clothes that didn't fit right. You've robbed me of so many big moments -and small ones. Weddings, graduations, parties, vacations, church, shopping- all under a heavy cloud of feeling uncomfortable in my body. Every. Single. Time. Sometimes you gave me momentary comfort, but you always left me more distraught than before. This relationship has bankrupted me. Emotionally, financially, mentally. I know our relationship was my choice. No one forced me. I've tried leaving before. But this is it. I'm done. I'm leaving you for good. I am ready to face the world without you. I can't run or climb right now. But I will. I have spent two decades trying to be invisible, but now I want to be seen. I'm ready. I'm ready for my life. Please don't contact me further. It's over.

Signed,

Very nice sentiment but..........I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is never over....It is a day to day battle to beat an addiction...Just like an alcoholic does not drink anymore he is still an alcoholic and must constantly be aware of what is going on around him..

That is the same with us...Day to day struggle we will never be totally healed...We are like a puzzle, one piece at a time until we have figured it all out and then we can't let our guard down..We must keep up the struggle..

The benefits are numerous and our health and self worth will improve..but there is always work to be done.... :)

Very nice sentiment but..........I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it is never over....It is a day to day battle to beat an addiction...Just like an alcoholic does not drink anymore he is still an alcoholic and must constantly be aware of what is going on around him..

That is the same with us...Day to day struggle we will never be totally healed...We are like a puzzle, one piece at a time until we have figured it all out and then we can't let our guard down..We must keep up the struggle..

The benefits are numerous and our health and self worth will improve..but there is always work to be done.... :)

I agree but while It will never be over, it's going to be a little easier to deal with now. It will be easier to say no to it than it was before. When we have the will power it will be a little harder to be sabotaged by our stomachs being empty all the time, or feeling deprived and depressed due to still being hungry. That is what I'm most looking foward to.

I agree but while It will never be over, it's going to be a little easier to deal with now. It will be easier to say no to it than it was before. When we have the will power it will be a little harder to be sabotaged by our stomachs being empty all the time, or feeling deprived and depressed due to still being hungry. That is what I'm most looking foward to.

Using the tool properly will make the journey much easier..And you are right, for a while your stomach will tow the line..But as it relaxes and you feel better you will once again have moments when you will be mad at your sleeve and wonder why you can eat more or you are eating the wrong thing..Will power accounts for some success but fixing why you got there. I mean working on the head issues will help you to permanently succeed.....It is like I said it will be day to day and having the right attitude when you do lose it..

We are not perfect and the sleeve is a tool and we have to fix ourselves to be successful...That is what I mean... :)

Using the tool properly will make the journey much easier..And you are right, for a while your stomach will tow the line..But as it relaxes and you feel better you will once again have moments when you will be mad at your sleeve and wonder why you can eat more or you are eating the wrong thing..Will power accounts for some success but fixing why you got there. I mean working on the head issues will help you to permanently succeed.....It is like I said it will be day to day and having the right attitude when you do lose it..

We are not perfect and the sleeve is a tool and we have to fix ourselves to be successful...That is what I mean... :)

That is exactly why I said a little. The mind is a very powerful thing and it is a struggle now to not eat junky foods and keep my mind occupied on other things while I'm bored or work is going slow( working evenings is very slow most days). I understand eating around your procedure because I have done it, at first because I wanted treats, later for survival due to my band being too tight. I agree with you whole heartedly and just wanted to add my own little piece about it being nice to not be sabotaged early in the game like most diets tend to be. :D

What I really like about this is that it represents a decision to behave differently. Because over time that is what counts. The sleeve is a fantastic tool, but it all comes down to the choices we make, day in and day out. This statement in the OP is an affirmation to remember at those times when you do get faced with a choice and the temptation to choose the poor option is strong. Remember this, and it will make the journey a bit easier.