Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circumferential Body Lift Done 12/6

Congrats on your tremendous loss and thanks for sharing your plastics story. I too was told by a PS that I should consider a belt lipectomy (aka circumferential lift, or lower body lift) and I'm actually surprised that you opted for that just judging on your before pics. It looks like you were mostly just skin, not fat. I definitely have the nice ole layer of fat under my loose skin that doesn't seem to want to go away.

Your price is excellent, I was quoted about 20K.

I'm still undecided about plastics. I keep thinking about putting my girls thru college on the money I would spend on myself (even tho they are only 11 and 13 it's going to be here before I know it!) and not to mention the pain, the drains (oy! one drain for the VSG was enough to make me crazy for 6 days that I had it!!) and the time off from working out. :(

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us, I truly appreciate it.

Drains are a minor irritation in the larger scheme of having massive plastics...trust me on that.

I paid in the ballpark of 16K for lower body lift, breast lift/implants, arm lift and "small thigh" lift. Amazing results and that price included 3 days in a clinic and another week at a hotel with daily nurse and doctor visits as well as the garments etc etc. Yes, it was in Mexico. So, for 10K you should be able to get something significant done. I don't think a panni is the right answer for most of us. The lift gives you a fairly tight tummy and includes muscle repair and helps the butt and that extra skin on the backside that hung over the top of my jeans.

Is it worth it? Well, I am so thrilled with my results and let me tell you that OTHERS definately notice it but it isn't so easy either. I think for me it was the right decision, but i have only one more year of college to pay for one kiddo and I view this as a big investment in the "new me". I am single, I still look pretty young and I guess I want to have a chance to enjoy clothes and the other things I missed out on as a young woman. I am NEVER going back to obesity after what I have been through. If there was any doubt...well... lets just say I will NEVER regain weight to ruin what for the first time in my whole life a hotbod. That wasn't my primary reason, but it is a good side effect of the surgery.

I personally think that each of us has to decide how having plastics will change your life. For many people, it just won't make much difference honestly. I have said it before... money can't buy you love and a hotbod doesn't buy you happy.... you really need to think about what makes it worth it. For me, it is changing how I even see myself, so fundamental shift really.

Lower body lift - off work for 3 to 6 weeks depending....

I took six weeks off but i had massive amounts done at once. if you have a physical job, may need the full 6 weeks too.

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and have not resumed working out……I was cleared just prior to 5 weeks to get back to working out but since I had my swelling issues in my legs I decided to give it a little more time. I plan to start on Saturday, just at a slow pace.

Thank you all for the compliments and also like was said in one of the posts above……it was not easy but I would do it again tomorrow!!! There were highs and lows getting to my 6 week anniversary but the feeling of not having the extra skin is just plain tremendous. I have started using silicone strips to treat the scar. I have only been wearing them for a week so I can't report anything other than they are kind of a pain in the ass but if it helps I am all for it! Oh, and they are expensive!!

I paid the hospital portion of my bill in cash which was about 4k and the rest went on care credit with 18 months of zero interest…..it was like buying a sofa Memorial Day weekend!!! lol

So Butterthebean and I were emailing earlier today and I was telling him how I felt like a caged animal and really want to get back to my "normal" routine…..and because I have been feeling so good I have started to do a little more. Well…..I paid for it this afternoon. After I got home from running a few errands which included getting in and out of my car probably one too many times I went upstairs to clean up a bit and looked at my legs. Well now I know why they were a little sore……THEY WERE SWOLLEN ABOUT 3 TIMES THEIR NORMAL SIZE. Lesson learned……11 days post op is too early to try and get back to "normal" I called my surgeons office and was told to get in bed an elevate my feet. Still swollen but hopefully by morning they will be back down again. Patience is something I clearly don't have!!! :-)

I am preop plastics but I asked the surgeon, "is 2 weeks 10 days or 14?" She laughed and said 14! "Not a day sooner. Since when is 2 weeks 10 days?" I really was hoping it'd be 10 ;)

not sure what you are having done but most likely your drains won't even be out at the end of 2 weeks!! I hear you, at first I was like a caged animal but you really want to make sure you heal…..make that your first priority!! Keep your diet clean, that will keep your weight in check….plenty of time to exercise, trust me. good luck

Been a while since I gave an update and there is a bunch to bring you up to speed on……. As I posted on the 28th I had to remove my last drain because the suture came loose. Sunday night I had massive swelling in my legs so I went on Monday afternoon to my surgeons office to be seen. They tried to aspirate in a few places in an effort to relieve some of the swelling pressure. After many needle sticks and much pain they were not able to get anything out at all. The thought at that time was they were just sticking me blind and not able to "see" if they were coming near the Fluid. They did this at my incision, my pubis, and my thighs. So they tried to get me right in to a radiologist they use for situations like this for an ultrasound and replacement of drains if necessary or another shot at aspiration while using the ultrasound to see what they were doing. Sounded like a great idea to me so I went along. Unfortunately, they were booked solid and couldn't take me till the next day. Another 2 hour trek to Baltimore from suburban Philadelphia on New Years Eve to get an ultrasound and who knows what else!! The ultrasound showed the following: Small pockets of fluid that the Dr said was not big enough to either aspirate of reinsert drains No worry of blood clots, they used the ultrasound to rule out any DVT Lots of tissue edema which in their opinion was causing the swelling No signs of seromas My surgeon called me later that afternoon and said that REST would be the best thing and see how my legs reacted. Almost as an afterthought he said to wear compression pants if I had a pair like Under Armour. I went right out to a Dicks Sporting Goods and bought a pair that was a size too small and squeezed my thunder thighs in them. NOT EASY I am happy to report that after a day and a half of laying in bed wearing my sausage casing like pants my swelling seems to be in check. My plan is to continue this process for the next 4 days to really make sure that I have this under control!! Leg swelling does NOT happen to everyone but apparently the trauma of the surgery can certainly cause it to happen. I mentioned in an earlier post that the recovery from this surgery was as much mental as it is physical and I can't emphasize this enough because on new years eve as I was having the tests done and how swollen I was…..I was really down mentally! It was very depressing!! Overall and considering what I have had done to myself I am healing well, considering what my routine was prior to surgery I am like a caged animal to get back to it but I know if I were to push it I will swell like the Pillsbury Dough Boy!!!! Good luck to you all, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you are considering this type of surgery. That is why I am taking the time to journal my experience, I hope it helps. And before you ask….."would you do it again?" The answer is………….ABSOLUTELY!!

I am sensitive to sodium and will get edema just looking at it. I'm wondering if you had a tendency to retain fluid preop? Also, were you drinking a lot of Water during recovery? I know fluid and swelling is par for the corse in surgery, I'm just trying to glean my own insights knowing what I know about how I do with recover. Does that make sense?

I was not retaining Fluid prior to surgery

I was not drinking enough Water, I started when my swelling was at its worst as well as eliminated as much sodium as possible to combat the swelling

it does make sense, what i learned is that we are all different and while yes they can give you typical and possible side effects of surgery the only way to know is to have it done and monitor yourself. my surgeon was very surprised that my legs swelled like they did

ask anything you want, its still fresh in my mind!!

not sure if i mentioned it earlier (don't feel like reading back) the other real inconvenience was the fog i was in the week after surgery which was blamed on the amount of time i was under (6 hours) anesthesia

not sure what you are having done but most likely your drains won't even be out at the end of 2 weeks!! I hear you, at first I was like a caged animal but you really want to make sure you heal…..make that your first priority!! Keep your diet clean, that will keep your weight in check….plenty of time to exercise, trust me. good luck

Lower body lift and breast lift with augmentation. Surgeon said I can resume light aerobic activity at 2 weeks. No core work for 6.

I had ventral hernia repair (lower abdomen) with mesh. So I totally relate to not standing up straight or being able to get up etc. I wore compression garments to support the muscles.

The plastic surgeon said my metabolic rate would triple in recovery and I'd have to eat a lot to maximize healing and minimize weight loss. I can't imagine how much food that'll be. I already eat 1800 calories.

I see you did drink a lot of Water. That does help me. It sounds like too much activity too soon really is a no no. It's soooooooo good for me to read this. The surgeon told me not to do much of anything for 2 weeks (hence the splitting of hairs).

I really appreciate all the journaling. It's reinforcing the messages and helping me make it mental.

yeah (in a sarcastic voice)….at 2 weeks light aerobic activity will mean walking around your house and light travel to the grocery store.

i wish you nothing but the best…feel free to reach out at anytime

Scout... What Dr did u use in Baltimore? I was insurance approved for panni and am scheduled for surgery in March. I was considering getting another consult before then.... I've lost 25+ pounds since my last office visit.

I used Dr Lickstein at the Cosmetic Surgery Center of MD. I would highly recommend him, he was fantastic and his staff tremendous. I had to call him on a Saturday and he called me back in 8 mins (it was at 7:30am) and he called me New Years Eve afternoon. A few people I told that to said he should consider what you paid and I get that but it still was refreshing! Their number is 410-296-0414

yeah (in a sarcastic voice)….at 2 weeks light aerobic activity will mean walking around your house and light travel to the grocery store. i wish you nothing but the best…feel free to reach out at anytime

Right! Just because medically I "can" doesn't mean I will.

I was not retaining Fluid prior to surgery I was not drinking enough Water, I started when my swelling was at its worst as well as eliminated as much sodium as possible to combat the swelling it does make sense, what i learned is that we are all different and while yes they can give you typical and possible side effects of surgery the only way to know is to have it done and monitor yourself. my surgeon was very surprised that my legs swelled like they did ask anything you want, its still fresh in my mind!! not sure if i mentioned it earlier (don't feel like reading back) the other real inconvenience was the fog i was in the week after surgery which was blamed on the amount of time i was under (6 hours) anesthesia

Just wondering if your swelling has come back? I too have had issues with swelling. I'm 5 weeks out from a Panni removal and I feel great but have been swelling in thighs and pubic area. Right below my Scar it looks like a waterbed at times. Compression shorts, ice, rest and elevation helps. I know I don't get enough water in and I'm trying to drink more. I took a water pill which helped ALOT but wondering if your having trouble with the swelling coming back.

meagain3,

i plan on giving a full update when i have time but i wanted to let you know my swelling has not come back, it has been 2 weeks today since it has subsided. during those 2 weeks i have done everything i could to make sure it didn't. meaning, rest when i could, compression garments, feet up, and a Water pill a few times a day. i just got finished with my first cardio in over 6 weeks so i am watching myself very closely this morning.

my upper pubic area is still slightly swollen but doing much better than before so since i see the improvement i am chalking that up to typical swelling

its funny that you described it as a waterbed because that is exactly what mine looked and felt like.

here is what i will tell you…..we are all so different and don't get discouraged that you are having these issues. many people that i talked to did not have the issues with swelling that i did. while they tell you that it is possible to swell in other areas than typical not everyone does. and since we are 2 of the people that have experienced swelling it will go away on its own time and different for each of us. keep doing what you are doing and you will do nothing but help it go away faster. don't get discouraged!!! it gets better…..and it look FABULOUS

BKA