Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If every weight loss surgery were a science guess what? We would all be skinny and happy, but since it isn't everyone has to figure out what works for them. Everyone is not going to lose weight at the same rate of speed. Everyone is not going to be able to tolerate some foods that others will. It's easy for everyone to put themselves in others shoes but all your doing is making yourself upset because you are not like them. I don't want to be like everyone else. I want my own identity. I don't care if someone else loses all their weight in six months and it took me three years. Each of us are individuals that have a different make up. Some will eat the same blessed thing everyday, while others experiment with other things. Nothing in weight loss surgery is written in stone, however if you do what you are supposed to do and follow the plan YOUR doctor put in place for you then you will be successful. What works for me is not going to work for everyone else but at the end of the day the only one thing we have in common is that we had weight loss surgery. After the surgery was done and we went to the post op area that is when we all divided and became ourselves and not anyone else. We all falter, some of us fail, we gain, we lose, but at the end of the day no one can make YOU happy but YOU. In 9 days I will be 4 years banded and this last year has not been good for me one bit, but you know what? It will get better. Don't be down on yourself because you are not losing like everyone else or you cant eat this or that. Just do you, be you and in the end YOU will be successful.

Hi Cheryl,

I like that you said it took you 3 years. Not happy about that it took so long but it makes me feel better because I have come to stand still for 6-9 months.

No, I have not been to the gym in 3 weeks but I try to move around doing weird things in the house. AFV would give me $$$ for my weird moves.

Have a great night.

Arlene

Here, here! Cheryl and dylanmiles! Best reminders I have read. Weightloss is different for everyone! Karen

Thanks for posting that Cheryl. I feel just the way you do, I'm losing it slowly but surely and I'm not in a rush. This is a marathon for me for the rest of my life not a sprint to see who can get there the fastest.

I'm learning as I go and making the changes to my life and life style. Old habits are not the easiest to break and this old dog is learning lots of new tricks every day. It took me 42 years to adopt the old ones...so it's going to take me a minute to pull out those bad behaviors from the roots and plant the new ones deep enough that they grow and flourish.

In the meantime I've never been happier to have a great tool to work with, and awesome people to share my journey with!

Here, here! Cheryl and dylanmiles! Best reminders I have read. Weightloss is different for everyone! Karen

Agreed...and respecting others and their weight loss is paramount....reading enough of the posts on this forum it becomes very apparent there is no right or wrong...just what works for individuals and what does not.....

As soon as someone says "THIS is the ONLY way the band works" , someone will come along and find the complete opposite to be true, for them....is one approach right and the other incorrect? Not nessecarily, at least no one here is in a position to make that judgement.....just able to share our own positives and negatives bad upon our own experiences.......