Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never Worn Jeans

I'm 47 and never worn jeans... Well not as an adult anyway. I've lost some weight since surgery 6 months ago but I still need to lose a fair bit more.

I go into clothes shops and automatically look at dresses as I feel most comfortable in leggings

Dresses and boots don't even take a second glance at the jeans.

I'm now in a uk size 16 which I think is a US size 12? But still don't feel ready to try jeans they will be too tight, my legs and thighs will be enormous and I won't be able to breathe in them. I just can't imagine even trying them on as it will be a body failure I reckon.

I was shopping with myr granddaughter and she was trying on jeans. I said let me try them. I got them on and they felt good, the only problem was the rise and they gapped in the waist when I sat down. Did not have time to venture into another pair. But I will go get a pair. Never had regular jeans, only pants made out of jean material with rubber around the waist. I am 67 yrs old and I will get a pair and wear with pride. Go for it.

Im with you music, by my name, it hints to something about jeanz:) My goal is just that, to wear a pair of jeans, its been 14 years since ive been able to wear any, I mean any! I am so excited for my surgery date of Dec 30, Lord willing, and once I even get the sense that i can try on a pair, I AM. I will take a pic, and model them, and love them, lol... Its truly a dream of mine, other than to be healthy and able to run again. Good luck to you, but at a size 12, I think you should at least try a pair, I dont even know how to buy them, size wise, b/c Im so use to xxl this or that in the stretchy stuff, so idk. And even if they dont fit, look how far uve come, and how close you are to finally wearing a pair. So y not, you dont have to buy them, and just think, you know ur still losing so you dont have to worry so much over the yo yo-ing that we dieters do, so perhaps go to the salvation army and try on a pair just to play around with and u might just be surprised, you owe it to yourself:) Good luck and God Bless your journey continuously:) Dee Dee

I'm 47 and never worn jeans... Well not as an adult anyway. I've lost some weight since surgery 6 months ago but I still need to lose a fair bit more.

I go into clothes shops and automatically look at dresses as I feel most comfortable in leggings

Dresses and boots don't even take a second glance at the jeans.

I'm now in a uk size 16 which I think is a US size 12? But still don't feel ready to try jeans they will be too tight, my legs and thighs will be enormous and I won't be able to breathe in them. I just can't imagine even trying them on as it will be a body failure I reckon.

I was always on the lookout for jeans that fit my shape. Wide leg seems to do it for me, though not all work all the time. I'm bottom heavy, even after losing a good chuck of my weight. New York & Co. make a nice wide leg jeans. I think it's all about the fit you feel comfortable in. So go and try a bunch on and enjoy yourself!!

Jeans nowadays have spandex in them for stretch and comfort so I've no doubt there are some out there for you. It takes effort to find them but they exist!

I have a teeny waist (relatively) to go with a round ass. I have gap issues so I need curvy cut jeans. I've discovered Levi's 520s skinny (whuck?!?) are perfect for me.

Jeans nowadays have spandex in them for stretch and comfort so I've no doubt there are some out there for you. It takes effort to find them but they exist!

I have a teeny waist (relatively) to go with a round ass. I have gap issues so I need curvy cut jeans. I've discovered Levi's 520s skinny (whuck?!?) are perfect for me.

Lol, same here girl. I use to b tiny waisted, big booty too w pant gap issues, hated it. So Ik once I lose the weight, it'll b the same, so thx for the tip on what to buy, cuz I don't have the first clue!

Old Navy has curvy cut, too. They are awesome, but are usually boot cut. I am too short for boot cut. Blech.

I love the new boyfriend jeans, too. They are a little lower and looser on the thigh, cuz I'm "sturdy" through the legs. Read that: fat.

Old Navy has curvy cut, too. They are awesome, but are usually boot cut. I am too short for boot cut. Blech.

I love the new boyfriend jeans, too. They are a little lower and looser on the thigh, cuz I'm "sturdy" through the legs. Read that: fat.

Hahaha, love the way u put it tho:). Can't wait to buy my first pair....come on Dec 30th!!