Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recovering From Thanksgiving

I had my VSG in May 2013 I was down to 178 ( exactly 75 pounds). We hosted Thanksgiving dinner for 30 people over the course of 5 days. While I gave myself the week off, I had good days and I had a few Desserts. I had 2 days of drinking. EVERYONE else averaged 5! Regardless, my weighin yesterday was 183. I havent exercised since Friday (and I have been a devout exerciser!) I craved carbs all day and was too sluggish to get back to walking today. Anyone else struggling? Any ideas.. anyone want to support each other? I took the Thanksgiving challenge and hit my goal early, then joined the New years at 178 and went for 167!! But now im 183! Argghh

post-179235-0-92372000-1386134714_thumb.png

I am right there with ya! I gained over Thanksgiving ( have lost 70 since 6/25 surgery) . I am having a heck of a time kicking myself back into shape with the routine! I am so mad at myself! Today lets promise low carb and a trip to the gym. Come on ... We can do this!!!

This happened to me at Halloween. I had a 3 week binge on chocolate which is like crack to me. Of course the binge was nowhere near what I would have consumed pre-sleeve but it devinitely put me on a stall and changed my cravings for more sugar.

Turn it around right now. Get up off that couch and force yourself to keep putting one foot in front of the other and go for your walk. You will feel so much better after. Get rid of anything left in the house that will be a temptation to you. Also alcohol makes your body retain Water so that "gain" is really just Water weight that will come off just as fast as it came on. Increase your water drinking.

Now stop reading this and go for that walk.

I am right there with ya! I gained over Thanksgiving ( have lost 70 since 6/25 surgery) . I am having a heck of a time kicking myself back into shape with the routine! I am so mad at myself! Today lets promise low carb and a trip to the gym. Come on ... We can do this!!!

Artymama ok we can work together!! Made my husband promise to make me walk today, so far he is laying in bed!! I will strive to walk and eat clean today lets check in tonight!

Also alcohol makes your body retain Water so that "gain" is really just Water weight that will come off just as fast as it came on. Increase your water drinking.

Now stop reading this and go for that walk.

Scarlett, I think your right about the water falling back off. I was 180.2 this morning. So I feel alittle better, soon as I stop tyoing ill go walk!!

Ok, I managed to get out and fet my walk in. I know it will take a solid 3 days of exercise to feel like myself again. But hey I made it today. Stayed away from bad foods and had lots of protien. But dont know if ill get out of drinking tonight. Its my cousins birthday and she moved in. Wish me luck, and if I dont make it tonight. Remind me tomorrow to get off my ass!

post-179235-0-24158800-1386202643_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38101[/ATTACH]

post-179235-0-63720000-1386202617_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38100[/ATTACH]

How's it goin? I have been much better these last few days. I am struggling cause my capacity is more now that I am almost 6 months. But I have tamed the beast for now at least! Went to the gym and did 45 min cardio too!! How about you????

How's it goin? I have been much better these last few days. I am struggling cause my capacity is more now that I am almost 6 months. But I have tamed the beast for now at least! Went to the gym and did 45 min cardio too!! How about you????

Hi Arty,

I too am back on track I have been back to my walks 3 miles daily 4 out of last 5 days, and also a bike ride. I am back down to 177 and expect to drop below that tomorrow. I skipped lunch today which I NEVER do but I had some hardboiled egg whites alittle late to make up for it. chicken and veggies for dinner I can never finish my veggies. I was wondering, what are your thoughts on coffee?? I used to drink big cups everyday, and then after surgery I cut it out almost completely ma6be once a week. Well my cousin just moved in with me and between her and my older daughter's there is coffee brewed now stop!! I always use splenda and it seems to statisfy my sweet craving instead of increasing it. And I always measure my Creamer, but I am so darn strick on myself I cant fully justify drinking a cup everyday. Even if it is currently in the low 30s on the sunny west coast!!

Glad we r back on track! I am hoping to go below 224, which was my low right before thanksgiving. As far as coffee goes, I have 2 cups a day. One in the AM, and one on the evening to hopefully keep me from snacking. I think a couple cups a day is fine!

Glad we r back on track! I am hoping to go below 224, which was my low right before thanksgiving. As far as coffee goes, I have 2 cups a day. One in the AM, and one on the evening to hopefully keep me from snacking. I think a couple cups a day is fine!

I am soooo glad you said that!! I am making my teenagers bring me a cup immediately! please keep in touch. Are you doing the New Years challenge thread?