Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday was day 9 out from surgery. I spent five days in the hospital ICU after my November 11 surgery, with diabetic ketoacidosis. I am doing great now! Some pain from incisions, tons of bruises from 6 incisions, but started eating pureed in hospital and am now having three meals a day and two cups milk. Losing weight like crazy, blood sugars totally normal for the first time in years, I have energy, spunk, and feel like I was born again. Best decision ever.

Yesterday was also the 34 year anniversary of a major event in my life and I thought that I would share:

Yesterday it had been 34 years since our car accident.
November 29, 1979, my older sister Lisa (13) and my younger sister Kathy Jo (8) and I (11) were waiting for the school bus across the street from our house. A car came around the curve, slid on black ice, landed on my two sisters and threw me across the street into our front yard. Lisa's ankle was severed and she has broken vertebrae; I had a broken arm and a concussion; Kathy Jo had almost every bone in her body broken. She died that day.
To this day, I can see the car coming at us. I have always wondered, if I could have, why I didn't push Kathy Jo out of the way? That morning, she and I had a fight, about the last bowl of Cereal. I told her that I hated her and I wished she would die. 34 years later I remember those words so clearly. Choose your words wisely.
I am very grateful that my Mom was in the kitchen when this happened, and never witnessed the accident. I am very grateful to the town of Simonsville and Chester, VT...for the kids that got off the bus that day to help take the car off my sisters, and for the girls on the bus helping me and going to tell my Mom what had happened. In the midst of all that turmoil, I feel like we were permanently bonded with the people of Chester, VT. Wonderful people in that town.

post-181095-0-95638800-1385865845_thumb.jpg

What a touching story.!!! I am sure your angel sister is looking down at you and helping u with your success. Congrats on your surgery and best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Thank you for sharing that.

Yesterday was day 9 out from surgery. I spent five days in the hospital ICU after my November 11 surgery, with diabetic ketoacidosis. I am doing great now! Some pain from incisions, tons of bruises from 6 incisions, but started eating pureed in hospital and am now having three meals a day and two cups milk. Losing weight like crazy, blood sugars totally normal for the first time in years, I have energy, spunk, and feel like I was born again. Best decision ever.

Yesterday was also the 34 year anniversary of a major event in my life and I thought that I would share:

Yesterday it had been 34 years since our car accident.

November 29, 1979, my older sister Lisa (13) and my younger sister Kathy Jo (8) and I (11) were waiting for the school bus across the street from our house. A car came around the curve, slid on black ice, landed on my two sisters and threw me across the street into our front yard. Lisa's ankle was severed and she has broken vertebrae; I had a broken arm and a concussion; Kathy Jo had almost every bone in her body broken. She died that day.

To this day, I can see the car coming at us. I have always wondered, if I could have, why I didn't push Kathy Jo out of the way? That morning, she and I had a fight, about the last bowl of cereal. I told her that I hated her and I wished she would die. 34 years later I remember those words so clearly. Choose your words wisely.

I am very grateful that my Mom was in the kitchen when this happened, and never witnessed the accident. I am very grateful to the town of Simonsville and Chester, VT...for the kids that got off the bus that day to help take the car off my sisters, and for the girls on the bus helping me and going to tell my Mom what had happened. In the midst of all that turmoil, I feel like we were permanently bonded with the people of Chester, VT. Wonderful people in that town.

I'm crying as I read your story. And although I'm sure your grown up mind knows that you said and did nothing wrong, nothing that every other sibling does on a regular basis, I can't imagine the burden of guilt you have carried with you. Your sister knows you love her and you know she had a greater purpose. Your message is a powerful one that I will keep with me always. My prayers are with your family