Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Dreams.... Coming/came True?

SO....... Does anyone start their pre-op diet starting Monday or next week?

Have you been eating everything that you can ? Did you have a list, because i know i sure did and boy i feel stuffed...

What have you had , that was on your "Bucket-list" to eat before your pre-op?

I've had:

I-hop, cookout, McDonald, waffle house, Chinese buffet, and thanksgiving food (with an extra plate that i packed for later on tonight or tomorrow morning)..

What i still want :

olive garden, cicis pizza, and some sweet Hawaiian chicken

I really didn't do that too much because it just added to the weight and misery before hand..

Every bit you gain is just more you need to take off....

I had one food funeral, It was ice cream. I can't even remember what flavor it was... I bought a pint and ate it. When I was done?

Nothing...it didn't make me feel good or give me super powers.. It was just gone that's all.

I guess what I'm saying is don't put yourself behind the eight ball more than you need too.

food will alway be there and this is not like going to the electric chair. You WILL be able to have all of those foods again (if you want to).

Like I already don't do milk products so everything I want is bad ... But I'm slowing down now because I am starting to feel so tight all over and your right the more I gain the more I will have to loose

No food funerals here and I am so glad! I was terribly anxious to get to a healthy weight and I didn't want to pack on more poundage that I would have to then work off. I actually started my preop two weeks early.

There is no food out there that is more important than getting healthy. This is not the end of your ability to eat, it's the beginning of your journey to a new you.

I admit, while on pre-op diet, I had Mexican a few days before surgery. I ate less than half my plate. I am 5 days post op today. My body feels better since no junk has entered my mouth. Yesterday, I had 1/4 c Refried Beans, a tablespoon Tomato sauce, I cube laughing cow cheese and tsp sour cream. Melted in microwave. Talk about good! You will still be able to eat, good choices and right quantities. Good luck to you!

I gave up many months before the sleeve and forgo-ed the food funerals.

Like LL and Arts, I too started getting ready early. I actually cut out all sugar 3 weeks before pre-op. Two weeks before, I cut calories back down to 1200, and then started substituting one shake for a meal one week before pre-op.

Despite that, the first 4 days of pre-op were hell. I was tired, cranky and generally run down. I think the more you eat now, not only will you have more to lose later, but the withdrawal during the pre-op will be tougher.

Why don't you pick one thing to give up this week, perhaps the Mcdonalds and substitute with a meat and veg meal so you can start getting ready?

Also realize you won't miss food at first and won't be as hungry as you are now so you won't feel about McDonalds as you do today.

Like LL and Arts, I too started getting ready early. I actually cut out all sugar 3 weeks before pre-op. Two weeks before, I cut calories back down to 1200, and then started substituting one shake for a meal one week before pre-op.

Despite that, the first 4 days of pre-op were hell. I was tired, cranky and generally run down. I think the more you eat now, not only will you have more to lose later, but the withdrawal during the pre-op will be tougher.

Why don't you pick one thing to give up this week, perhaps the Mcdonalds and substitute with a meat and veg meal so you can start getting ready?

Also realize you won't miss food at first and won't be as hungry as you are now so you won't feel about McDonalds as you do today.

It's funny because everything that I've ate isn't something I eat all the time its a once in a while thing. So I figured that I would have it all because it would be a while. But truly I'm feeling so tight , I may start my pre op one day early just because

It's funny because everything that I've ate isn't something I eat all the time its a once in a while thing. So I figured that I would have it all because it would be a while. But truly I'm feeling so tight , I may start my pre op one day early just because

That sounds like a good idea! Also if you start today, you'll be over the worst before you go back go work on Monday. Good luck :)

True but I dont work , ima full time night student!!