Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here but not new to band

I am new hereand just wanted to say hello. My name is Marlene and my niece is on here also. She is Josette from Michigan. :)

I started a journal here the other day. It would have been longer but I have been sick for almost two months and am kind of muffle headed.:sick

Anyway, hello.:biggrin1:

How do you import those cute little things to your signature? Where is the tickerthingy? And oh yeah....i sure hope you are feeling better....when were you banded?

POPT

Tracey

Hi Marlene and welcome to LBT! Hope you are feeling better! So nice to have you here. Gigi

Thank you so much!!!

I have an up and down history with my band. But, I want to say it is TOTALLY my fault.

I initially lost 90 some pounds without a fill. After my first fill, I was at the -101 mark. I had gone from a 26 pants down to a size 14 pants. I felt wonderful---so much energy and I think I looked alot younger than I was(picture and story in my journal).

Alot of things started happening in my life and rather than finding a constructive way to deal with it, I ate my way back up. I am not much of a drinker, I don't smoke, I don't take drugs...I eat. :)

I don't know my exact weight right now because I refuse to get on the scale. But, I do know I wear a size 20/22 now. :cry Again, totally my fault. I take full responsibility.

Anybody who says the band is a quick fix is so wrong! It is only a tool to assist...we have to do the work.

I am trying to get back on the "bandwagon", so to speak. Being sick has made it harder though. I am on my second round of antibiotics and am having problems from the first ones I was on (have to get an EKG and Holter Monitor testing done due to side effects so I've been a nervous wreck).

I can understand, Marlene, I think many here have been through that. I am early enough in the banding, but I could see it happening to me.

Heck it has happened for years without the band.

My vice, too is eating. When there are family problems, or such, I eat. Eating has also been a comfort when I am sick. Others lose weight when they are ill, nope, not me!

Hopefully, we can all pull through this together..........

Auntie M!!!! Welcome to LBT. I'm so glad you finally made it! Together we'll lose this weight!

I love you!

Auntie M!!!! Welcome to LBT. I'm so glad you finally made it! Together we'll lose this weight!

I love you!

Hey sweetie! I love you too! :biggrin1:

HI, I am new tonight also. I am not sure how these chat things work, I am computer illiterate. Anyway, I am considering lap band. Any comments, negative or positive. I am struggling with this decision.