Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Donna

Its great to see you doing so well congratulations...

:) becky

Donna-I'm glad your falling in love with your band!--It's a part of you now- that means you love yourself just a little more! How is the shoulder pain now? I fear the shoulder pain since mine already hurt alot of the time.

Mazie,

The shoulder pain really only hurt bad once. Other times it's just a nusance. It's totally gone now. I found that laying with that shoulder under me, helped to disipate the gas and the pain and it only took a few minutes. I think walking helps because it gets your system working better and can process the gasses faster. After a week everything gets so much easier.

I don't want to scare anyone, this is minor, but I have had gas in my stomach (just small amounts). I hadn't been able to make myself belch but I found that patting myself on my left upper chest area that I can burp myself. My family thinks that it is hilarous since I have a newborn grandson. Burp the baby then grandma!

Donna,

what causes the shoulder gas? just air getting in during surgery??or what???

and something else I'd like to ask.......VERY personal......did you get/use "toilet tongs"? I have seen them be referred to, so many times, as helpful/needed???

or was your pain controlled enough to go about "your business" without help? just curious...if I'm gonna' need them/I need to get them ASAP.

Mazie,

The gas is left over from the surgeons pumping your stomach up so they can work on you. If you walk a lot and lay down when and if you feel it starting to hurt, you should be able to minimize it. It really isn't that bad, and it isn't a constant pain, just now an then. I wouldn't worry too much about it you may not even experience it.

I had never heard of toilet tongs before reading it on here. I had no problem in that department either. If you don't have trouble reaching now you shouldn't have trouble after surgery. Just take it slow and easy the first week. I've seen some of the lists on here that the doctors say you should have. The food items are good to have and the blender. I bought the Magic Bullet and really like it. But some of the other items like baby dishes and sippy cups are, in my opinion, going too far. I do have a shot glass that has teaspoon measurements on it, but I didn't go get it for this.

I hope this helps. I'll be glad to answer any more questions.

I must be doing someting right. Yesterday at work my son came up to me and said "Mom you have got to get smaller pants." So this morning I got out my old jeans, a size smaller, and they fit perfectly! I'm losing inches fast! My weight is slower to drop but the inches are melting away. I feel on top of the world. This only re-enforces my determination.

Mazie, you'll do just fine. I was scared in the beginning not knowing just what to expect. This has been the best decision I have ever made for myself.

I'm so glad for you to think this is the "best decision you ever made for yourself". And thank you for the encoraging words. Monday at 5:30 a.m. is check in time surgery about 7:30!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!!!

I'm back home and doing great now....a little trouble getting perscription filled in time(too late). DH insisted on Wal-Mart to save $$$-(NEVER AGAIN) ! I waited for him in the truck.... over an hour it took!! I was crying when he came back... everything from the hospital had worn off! Then, choked on the liquid by sipping it from the "cap" since cheap Wal-mart didn't even offer a cup/spoon/ anything! But, this evening I had company over, did some light housework, and only minor discomfort! In and out of hospital in 8 hours flat!!!

Wow, eight hours! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: My doc insists you stay 24 hours. I was about 31 hours. Glad to hear you are doing good! Company always helps.

I got my prescription filled at Walgreens and they didn't give me a cup either. The hospital gave me three to take home but I aleady had a shot glass that has measurements on it.

Hang in there, everyday you will notice how easier it gets. In a week you'll be back to normal without the hunger! I went down on size of pants and now these are a bit loose.

:)

I think that is reffered to as, a NSV- non scale victory! The smaller pants, losing inches, etc.. I've lost 24# but, no smaller clothes.... I've refused to go any higher for a while (they are too small) and wear them anyway!! Soon, very soon, I will be seeing such change that I will have to get smaller clothes too. GOOD LUCK AND HEALTH TO YOU AND ALL!!!

Well every day since Monday I'm doing better! Today I took care of one year old "Mazie" by myself and I'm fine? and she's fine too! I have very little discomfort, getting around real good, and overall feel great! I'm back to driving andf have been out walking/shopping everyday. Good luck and health to you!