Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Andrea's lap band in 5 days

Yes My soon to be Husband will be there with me. That will help alot! This weekend I tought him to shave my leggs cause I go nuts with out shaving. Its a pet peve I have and im sure I wont be abld to reach down. I feel good Im ready to do this. Well I still have to pack mentaly I am ready though!

Originally posted by sheeanisland

Yes My soon to be Husband will be there with me. This weekend I tought him to shave my leggs cause I go nuts with out shaving. Its a pet peve I have and im sure I wont be abld to reach down.

Woo, that sounds sexy!:D

Originally posted by sheeanisland

I feel good Im ready to do this. Well I still have to pack mentaly I am ready though!

You go girl! I hope you haven't bought that wedding dress yet. It will be way too BIG! When are you wanting to set your wedding? :D

We are getting married in Sept. 2005 in Maine that where I am from. We were going to go to jamicia at the Sandles Resort and invite friends and family if they wanted to go but they were giving me a hard time about going. We were going to do that January 27 because thats the day we meet. But now sence we are doing it in Maine we are going to wait until September thats my Favorite month! Cant dress shop yet thats for sure, I wonder what size I will be.......... Right now I weigh 254 and I am 5' 7. I gained 10 pounds sence I was planning on getting banded. oops!

You might have to get your wedding dress at the last minute because you'll be shrinking all year! I'm glad to hear your fiance is going with you, and that he's supporting your surgery.

About bras: Dr. R painted my belly with a sticky iodine solution all the way up to my rib cage. My 47-year-old breasts reacted naturally to gravity, so for two days my tits were glued to the iodine! I pried them away two days after surgery. It felt as if I were removing duct tape. Bras were out of the question for those days. Of course, if you're younger, you may not have this problem...

We are getting married in Sept. 2005 in Maine that where I am from. We were going to go to jamicia at the Sandles Resort and invite friends and family if they wanted to go but they were giving me a hard time about going. We were going to do that January 27 because thats the day we meet. But now sence we are doing it in Maine we are going to wait until September thats my Favorite month! Cant dress shop yet thats for sure, I wonder what size I will be.......... Right now I weigh 254 and I am 5' 7. I gained 10 pounds sence I was planning on getting banded. oops!

Andrea: First, CONGRATS on the wedding and the lap band. WHOOO HOOO!!!

Second, as someone that goes quite often to Jamaica if you have not been to sandals resort before then please reconsider your location. It is in a not so good location and I don't go in that area at night at all. I am sure it is probably a secure hotel if you stay there but leaving and returning is questionable. And it is right there next to the tiny airport so I am sure you will hear the airplanes coming and going.

Here is a pic of the airport. Next post will show you sandals resort.

post-204009-13813131317275_thumb.jpg

Here is Sandals resort. Ove to the Right would be the road leading to the end of the runway.

post-204009-13813131317447_thumb.jpg

Cool Pictures, did you take those? Which Sandles in Jamicia is that there is quite a few there? What would you recommend Negril. dunns river, montego bay can think of the rest? We are actually flying there just for one day on October 12 its a wedding thing they offer. I wont be able to eat much. Oh guys I have another question Can we ever drink again wth the band? if so what. I hear drinking was linked to erosion? I was wondering that. That would be tough when im on my honeymoon... all you can drink... Hey its a small price to pay to look good in that bikini.:D

Andrea, you can still drink but you'll be a "cheap drunk" now. It won't take much to hit. You're planning on wearing a bikini? Those days are long gone for me.:D

If i get down to a 14 at least hell yea ill be wearing a bikini. Oh Zoe did you ever get those picture of you incisions? I am having a hard time finding some on here. I am leaving at 5am for Mexico guys. Yeah!

YUP I took the pics. The Sandals is the one right inside Montego Bay. I stay at the Ritz when I go and do the all inclusive. Pretty expensive though. If you wanna stay for just one night and have transportation then Sea Castles is just down the road from Ritz (which is about 15 min from Sangster's airport). Sea Castles has efficiency apartments with frigerators and stoves. They are average of $50 US per night. The resorts can really get you with fees. Oh and keep in mind there is a HUGE government fee added to everything. Worse than Federal Taxes here.

Negril is nicer than Montego Bay. I wanna stay at Riu resort next time I come. IT is about half the cost of Ritz and nicer. I think we are coming in December.

This trip was so much fun this time. I am sad to leave in the morning but alas I must. Hey at least the airport is open now.

HOme tomorrow

Awesome pics Penni!

My greatest hope is to spend a lengthy vacation in negril while I'm young enough to enjoy it all.

I'm soooo envious!

Good Luck Andrea!

We'll be praying for you