Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Look at all the typos Wheetsin makes when she can't edit. :girl_hug:

(Well, I know I shouldn't say this but if you want to see texts in need of editing take a gander at the Christian site..... )

You know, paladin may have been right. What is the topic that homosexual liberal atheists would be most likely to discuss? Soft sheets.

Do you think you could epxlain the process for folding a fitted sheet? Mine goes kind of like this: Grab one corner, grab the opposite corner. Because that's how "they" say to start. Put corner A into corner B.

No, no no...you take corner A fold it to the middle of the sheet, take corner D, fold it to the middle to touch corner A. Then you take corner B and fold it to the middle, take corner C and do the same. Now you take sub corner b and fold it to sub corner C and sub corner A and fold it to subcorner B. You crease the middle of the folded sheet and fold sub sub corner C to sub sub corner A. Then fold A and C over to sub sub D and B. It will now be the same size and the top sheet if it's folded correctly.

I'm also a great flower arranger.

Wheet: airwayman is absolutely right about how to fold a fitted sheet! And ace flower arranger too. Far freakin' out. I gotta wonder if all his talk about females is just hype - or is airwayman really a chick?

airwayman: you KNOW that was all just an effort on my part to be amusing, don't you? I totally respect and am impressed with your domestic abilities.

Green: My master bathroom came equipped with a built in magazine storage rack. Quite handy for throne room entertainment. Er, that doesn't sound right. Edit that to read "reading" rather than "entertainment." Don't know what I was thinking.

airwayman: you KNOW that was all just an effort on my part to be amusing, don't you? I totally respect and am impressed with your domestic abilities.quote]

Ms. BJean, first, I ain't no girl, I'm all boy. Second, I never folded a fitted sheet in my life...oh, I tried a couple of times but gave up when my wife said "here, give me that." I laughed until I cried making up A, sub A and sub sub A, etc. I could just imagine some really domestic types got out a fitted sheet and tried to follow my instructions. I didn't mean any harm, just having fun.

I do know a lot about arranging flowers, however....you put flower A on the left corner.........

airwayman: you KNOW that was all just an effort on my part to be amusing, don't you? I totally respect and am impressed with your domestic abilities.

Green: My master bathroom came equipped with a built in magazine storage rack. Quite handy for throne room entertainment. Er, that doesn't sound right. Edit that to read "reading" rather than "entertainment." Don't know what I was thinking.

My bathroom came with sufficient space beside the toilet that we were able to place a piece of furniture there. This is a small, rather tall, three-tiered table, I guess one would call it an occasional table, which was made in China out of yew wood probably during the 1940s. It is very simple, quite attractive, and oddly out of proportion to western norms. It was also quite cheap.

Anyhow, the top surface is devoted to toilet lit, an ashtray, a lighter, and a clock which faces the bathtub. Toilet lit describes any reading material which can be read in sound bites: my Big Book on the domestic arts is there along with a book containing a series of essays on modern Jewish life, a history of the bathroom, a book covering plastic surgery techniques, a medical guide to home remedies, and a layman's guide to understanding music. These are all books that I do periodically read or at least plan to read. Magazines and newspapers show up from time to time. I save real lit for bed.

Fortunately the bathroom lighting is excellent for reading. :D This works out well because I occasionally like to read while in the tub. Tub reading only occurs when I have got the time and I am 40 pages away from finishing a book. I have a brightly coloured hand painted (I painted it) chair beside the tub. This is large enough to hold an ashtray and a lighter and my reading glasses, etc. I am pretty good at working the hot and cold Water taps with my stubby yet muscular toes.:)

Though I still smoke it has been decades since I drank while reading in the bathtub. When I was in my 30s I used to drink Armagnac or Cognac while loitering in the tub. This was excellent fun. As you may know, to properly enjoy brandy it should be warm and this is why it is traditionally served in those balloon glasses. The theory is that the drinker wraps his or her hands around the glass. Well, those glasses float real nice in a warm bath....:girl_hug:

As fer folding laundry or wrapping presents, Green is dreadful at these activities. Her husband, a man who was raised by a German mother, is brilliant at folding. Green just rolls stuff up into little bundles and then shoves those little bundles into drawers. And her wrapped presents look like nasty squashy toadlike bundles.:omg:

Interior design/decorating is kind of my thing. And by "thing", I don't mean I'm good at it - I just mean I think I'm OK (prefixed by an "ehhhhhh..." - whiny ehhhh, not Canadian eh?), and most of that impression is generated by the massive amounts of money I've sunk into it. I guess one could call that "justification."

Although I will say that while I'm never completely happy with the way something in my house looks (let's nevermind that I'm a major perfectionist), I do get lots of compliments and people asking me to come give them advice (that's where the cynic in me comes out - they're just being nice).

So I can whip out a side table arrangement like no one's business. You'd think I could move some stems around in a vase, but it just doesn't happen.

I do wrap a mean package. I'm sort of the holiday icon in my family, I'm known for my copious use of tape. Fold the paper over, tape it. Fold the other side over, fold it under itself (so you get a folded edge vs. a cut edge), tape it. Fold the top flap down, tape it. Fold the botton flap up, tape it. (Alternately, fold the side in and top it on top and bottom, then repeat with other side). I use 17 pieces of tape on the average present. I wonder how much that adds to my ecological footprint?

Wheetsin: I am doing my part in preparation for leaving my ecological footprint! All manner of crockery will be found around my body. I have a particular affinity for bone china, particularly English, both old and new. (Much to DH's chagrin.) But I would imagine my little area will decompose more quickly than your cellophane tape pile. Maybe I need to broaden my scope to smart, sexy styrofoam cups.

airwayman: Well isn't that just uncanny!!! You actually gave out the proper directions for folding a fitted sheet and it was purely random. You deserve the Martha Stewart ex-con statuette that she made in the slammer whilst sitting at the pottery wheel. Martha always did love to bestow 3-D icons of herself (in the style of an Academy Award Oscar man) to her most accomplished students. I'm so jealous, you lucky devil.

P.S. Thanx for clearing up the gender question. I would have been SO disappointed to learn that you are not the virile stud that I have envisioned from reading your posts.

Wheetsin: I am doing my part in preparation for leaving my ecological footprint! All manner of crockery will be found around my body. I have a particular affinity for bone china, particularly English, both old and new. (Much to DH's chagrin.) But I would imagine my little area will decompose more quickly than your cellophane tape pile. Maybe I need to broaden my scope to smart, sexy styrofoam cups.

airwayman: Well isn't that just uncanny!!! You actually gave out the proper directions for folding a fitted sheet and it was purely random. You deserve the Martha Stewart ex-con statuette that she made in the slammer whilst sitting at the pottery wheel. Martha always did love to bestow 3-D icons of herself (in the style of an Academy Award Oscar man) to her most accomplished students. I'm so jealous, you lucky devil.

P.S. Thanx for clearing up the gender question. I would have been SO disappointed to learn that you are not the virile stud that I envisioned from reading your posts.

P.S. Thanx for clearing up the gender question. I would have been SO disappointed to learn that you are not the virile stud that I envisioned from reading your posts.

Rats! We were having a terrible lightning storm - musta been a case where Thor thought mine was so good, it deserved double posting. I know I couldn't have done such a dumba$$ thing.

We had that storm yesterday afternoon. The damn thing suddenly blew up, lotsa rain and wind, and then it went away again leaving downed electrical poles, upended trees, and other damage in its wake. B)

Fortunately here in the big city we were left with power but some of the suburbs were hit pretty hard. (Green loves her electricity, oh yes, she does.:heh: Electricity means toys, oh yes, it does.:heh: )

That's why I love the Energizer Bunny... electrical storms! (Well, that and no cumbersome cords.)

That's why I love the Energizer Bunny... electrical storms! (Well, that and no cumbersome cords.)

Ooh, whenever I think of batteries I think of Samantha in Sex and the City.B) She was quite the fan of bunnies.:rolleyes