Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Buffalo is good. If you like buffalo, have you ever tasted ostrich? It's like the most lean, tender steak you can imagine. We have family that owns an ostrich farm and every year when they visit they bring some steaks up.

Hmm, have you eaten ostrich post-band? DH and I love steak but we had some the other night and he wasn't able to handle much and I'm afraid I won't be able to either after I'm banded...

I had it once, in July (that's when the family visits). But I have no limitations on the meats I can handle, I've just opted out of red meats (except for the very rare, and that is meant both ways, occasion). So I don't know if it would be any more band friendly than steak or not.

Most unusual thing I've ever eaten was alligator tail. Not my favorite thing.

Being in Florida, I've had gator too. Not bad, just not good either. :) Too much like eating fried rubber. Sorta like calamari. I've also eaten squirrel (or as some here call it, tree rat - all dark meat, not bad really, better than the gator) and shark. As a general rule, I despise fish. But shark is so mild and tender I'm actually quite fond of it. :hungry: I've had buffalo and ostrich too. I can't really remember what either tasted like, but I do remember they were both good. That's the extent of my dietary oddities.

Being in Florida, I've had gator too. Not bad, just not good either. :) Too much like eating fried rubber. Sorta like calamari. I've also eaten squirrel (or as some here call it, tree rat - all dark meat, not bad really, better than the gator) and shark. As a general rule, I despise fish. But shark is so mild and tender I'm actually quite fond of it. :hungry: I've had buffalo and ostrich too. I can't really remember what either tasted like, but I do remember they were both good. That's the extent of my dietary oddities.

I remember liking rabbit when I was a kid. I've eaten squirrel, too but wasn't impressed.

I don't like venison, except venison Jerky, which is awesome.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying new food.

I like shark. When I lived in San Diego we used to get fresh shark at the fish market. I had alligator for the first time, just the other day at a cajun restaurant. It was a very wet meat - beyond moist. At least how they prepared it.

I haven't eaten that much weird stuff. No balut here, thank you. I've had moose, rattlesnake... once as a kid my parents tricked me into eating tongue. I spent a chunk of time in Belize... half of it on the cayes, and existed largely on conch that was caught as you ordered. Needless to say it sometimes took a while to get your food (why did we bother with a $3.50 lobster buffet?) I once ate a bite of fried brain sandwich. My grandfather had ordered it, set it down next to my tenderloin sandwich, and I picked up the wrong one.

I once ate a bite of fried brain sandwich. My grandfather had ordered it, set it down next to my tenderloin sandwich, and I picked up the wrong one.

BLECCHHH!! :)

Yeah. It's not good.

This is your brain on bread...

Wow. Not so sure I need to be banded now. I'll just set that pic as my desktop, then I'll never eat again. Thanks Carlene!

When I lived in Fla I tried alligator. Not at all memorable. But the Conch fritters could be addictive.

I GOT APPROVED!! WOO HOO!! I SHOULD HAVE A SURGERY DATE LATER TODAY (SHOULD BE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS). THANKS TO ALL FOR THE PRAYERS, LIT CANDLES AND CUT-UP CHICKENS!!!:biggrin1:

I GOT APPROVED!! WOO HOO!! I SHOULD HAVE A SURGERY DATE LATER TODAY (SHOULD BE WITHIN 2-3 WEEKS). THANKS TO ALL FOR THE PRAYERS, LIT CANDLES AND CUT-UP CHICKENS!!!:biggrin1:

Totally awesome, dude (as my son likes to say). Congratulations!