Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Missy - who is banding you? Where in the KC area are you? We're nprobably neighbors. Though normally if I hear Jack Stack, the next few words are "cheesy corn." The people at work go nuts over it. (I don't really like BBQ, though I do enjoy the very occasional Gates).

BJean - I just think the wife should be prettier than the husband. I spend about 15 mins on Sunday evening keeping the brows in check, and give myself a full pedi every 2 weeks. I think it would just bug me if my husband could claim better stats. :rolleyes:

I see what you mean, Wheet. The thing that would burn me is if he spent more on clothes and spa treatments than I do. That would describe my first hubby. He even liked to pick out MY clothes and shoes. I shouldn't complain, he did a very good job of choosing things that complimented my frame and coloring. He is an architect and artist - guess that explains it. He certainly wasn't frugal though and that was a problem, especially since his career was just begining to take off. Naturally it skyrocketed as soon as our divorce was final and the child support was set. Oh well, it didn't matter anyway because most of the time he couldn't be bothered to pay it. But that's another story... the point is, you could definitely describe him as metrosexual.

BJean - I would recommend the beef brisket. Of course I have had everything fresh - so hopefully the shipping doesn't affect the meat too much! Their brisket is usually very tender and moist. I think everyone probably knows KC Masterpiece and most may not realize it means Kansas City! It is a good sweet sauce - we usually use it when cooking out also.

I could never have been a wife! I don't cook, I hate to clean, and I really never planned on having kids - I love my kids and I wouldn't change a thing, but wasn't part of the plan to begin with. I knew what I wanted to be when I was 9 (an OR nurse) and I set myself up to make that happen. I didn't have to worry about the other stuff - my Mom had been a housewife all her life and when my dad died all she had to do was take care of me, so I had it pretty good growing up also. I do regret not learning to cook or eat more healthy obviously - but now we are going to do something about that also and hopefully teach our kids better habits! My 4 year olds favorite channel is the food network though and she calls Paula Dean her friend - so I am a little concerned!:omg: We are planning doing the clean out this weekend and only have healthy stuff around for kids also.

Wheetsin - We are being banded by Dr. Malley at MMC. We live in Belton. Where are you?

I do enjoy Gates also, but I don't care for their sauce, I think it has too much pepper, but they do cook their meat well. I wasn't even going to start on the cheesy corn bake - man that is too die for!:hungry:

We're in Northeast KC near Liberty. Kind of right in the middle between Worlds of Fun and KCI.

I like the KC Masterpiece sauce (though I prefer spicier sauces), but I was really disappointed in their food, and I've heard the same thing from others. Although I will say they have the BEST onion strings. :)

You have to be very careful buying anything that boasts anything over 400 thread count. Some of the lying bastards count their threads differently than the norm and they do not turn out to be better than the 400 count ones, in fact not as good! (In spite of the price point.)

That's what the wifie said she suspected. I'll tell her about the Pima cotton 400. Thanks

Wheetsin - Cool - we really aren't that far from each other. Do you go to any of the support groups in town?

I agree KC Masterpiece is NOT the best food - I enjoy their prime rib sandwich - but I haven't been in years. My sister - who had gastric bypass - used to make us bring her just onion straws if we went, she would eat them for days!

Missy

Up here in the north BBQ is done in a totally different fashion. You fire up the barbie, wait until the coals or the tiles become glowing hot and then you throw the meat on top of this. The Meat can be lamb/pork chops, steak, hamburgers, wieners, hotdogs, pork tenderloin, chicken breasts and thighs, etc. The Meat is cooked very quickly and thus it has to be of a fairly high quality and perhaps marinated for awhile beforehand. When folks up here BBQ ribs they often boil them up first in order to get rid of some of the fat, and then they brush them with a BBQ Sauce before putting them on the grill.

As you can see, this is an entirely different approach to BBQ and until very recently this is what I thought everyone meant when they talked about BBQ! And I wondered what the fuss was about southern BBQ.... lol

I also make my own BBQ marinade and it usually includes the following: sesame seed oil because it has a wonderful nutty, exotic taste; lemon juice, lots of fresh garlic, soya sauce, some kind of commercial hot sauce, dijon mustard, Balsamic vinegar. I like to junk up our meat with garlic and spicy during the preparation stage because I find that the Meat, once BBQued tends to leave a lot of the heat behind. It merely tastes good. We throw the marinade away once it has done its work. We usually use the marinade on defrosting chicken bits, beef and pork.

The best lamb I have ever had has been soaked in fresh thyme, lemon juice and olive oil, and then studded with raw garlic before hitting the grill. The Meat was undercooked by many folk's standards - we are talking serious pink! - but the lamb was sublime. The cat who was in charge of this meal is an Italian (and a close friend of my cousin) who really knows his way around food.< /p>

As for me, I love BBQ-ed steak but always have trouble with the men who are in charge of the grill. You see, they tend to want to overcook and I want my cow still mooing when I am sitting down to eat. This is more than a bit odd on my part because I normally adhere to a vegetable and *sob* carb rich diet! But when I do have it in mind to eat meat I want it really rare.

I suspect that what we call BBQ up here is what you Southerners call Grill. Am I right?

Long post, eh?

The thing that would burn me is if he spent more on clothes and spa treatments than I do. That would describe my first hubby. He even liked to pick out MY clothes and shoes..... the point is, you could definitely describe him as metrosexual.

Uh, I would probably describe him as a flaming HOMOsexual!:) Are you sure he doesn't have a boyfriend now? I can speak from some experience as I pretty much planned ex-wife's and my wedding (including her and bridesmaids' dresses!). If you don't believe me, just ask my HUSBAND! :pound:

Green if you like your meat mooing, you'd probably love Buffalo. We prepared buffalo burgers for some guests the other night. We've had them in a restaurant but never cooked them ourselves. The one thing we knew for sure is that if you overcook it, it is lousy. Well DH did his mastery with the grill and they were great. None of our guests had ever had buffalo before. The butcher told me that if you want to have a really fantastic steak, buy buffalo. Same deal goes, you can't overcook it. Buffalo burgers have lots less fat than ground sirloin or ground chuck or ground round and that's why you can't give it too much flame, it dries out quickly. :hungry:

If he is homosexual, he's buried very, very deeply in his closet. He remarried - a girl who looks like me and has my same name. They had a daughter and supposedly are living happily ever after. But I'll qualify my answer with the the fact that he's a total right wing Christian and if he were homosexual I doubt if he could handle the ostracizing his church would do to him. Or the lightning that would strike him, sent from God. :omg:

I can speak from some experience as I pretty much planned ex-wife's and my wedding (including her and bridesmaids' dresses!).

That didn't give her even the tiniest little clue????

Uh, I would probably describe him as a flaming HOMOsexual!:) Are you sure he doesn't have a boyfriend now? I can speak from some experience as I pretty much planned ex-wife's and my wedding (including her and bridesmaids' dresses!). If you don't believe me, just ask my HUSBAND! :pound:

Omigawd! You were a groomzilla! :) I heard about them but I thought that they were an urban myth.:rolleyes

Buffalo is good. If you like buffalo, have you ever tasted ostrich? It's like the most lean, tender steak you can imagine. We have family that owns an ostrich farm and every year when they visit they bring some steaks up.

Buffalo is good. If you like buffalo, have you ever tasted ostrich? It's like the most lean, tender steak you can imagine. We have family that owns an ostrich farm and every year when they visit they bring some steaks up.

Most unusual thing I've ever eaten was alligator tail. Not my favorite thing.

Omigawd! You were a groomzilla! :) I heard about them but I thought that they were an urban myth.:rolleyes

Hey, hey!! Name calling! :) Actually, I was merely being a good Gay. Planning, dressing, decorating...you know, all those things we do so well. In all seriousness (if that's possible at this point), she had been married previously and didn't really care about all those details. I had always dreamed of a big wedding (I suppose I had to overly romanticize it to actually want to go through with it) so it was a big deal for me. So the groomzilla is just an urban myth. Sorry to disappoint you Green. Maybe you could devote your search to Bigfoot instead. He's definitely real...