Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

mini me: Sorry if I made you (or anyone here) uncomfortable.

But good effort in getting us back to the important stuff!

I give up... I have absolutely no idea who said that or in which movie it was said. Tell us please!!!

Carlene: I remember distinctly when I realized I was a heterosexual woman. It hit me in the head like a sharp rock. Bam! I knew!!! For Sure!!!!

If you truly had a choice, you would not have been disgusted - you would simply have given it due consideration, like an invitation to lunch, and then stated your preference. "Realizing" you are heterosexual (or homosexual) is quite the opposite of "choosing" to be one.

Carlene: Believe it or not that was the point of my post! I just put the part in about my friend to titillate and to brag a little.

Leatha:

Intersexed? Is that the same as an hermaphrodite?

Do you consider these friends born with a medical anomaly known as being 'intersexed' (having both male/female ovaries and testicles) to be children of God?

Are they mistakes of God?

If God can make a person that is neither male, nor female, why can't God make a person with a female body and a male brain or a person with a male body and a female brain?

Believe it or not, but there was a professor at the university that I did my undergrad at that believed that there were about 12 or 14 (I forget the exact number) sexes. I couldn't tell you what they were, but that's what he thought.

Let's see. I had homosexual experiences as young as, wow... maybe 8? Maybe younger. I also played alot of 'doctor' in those days with both males and females. I was very boy crazy as a teen, but deeply loved my best friend (a female) more than any man I ever had any relationship with. Probably still do. (We're talking hearts here, not sexual gratification.) I married at 19 and had 2 beautiful children and not once felt misplaced. I was married 20 years and have since been divorced for 8.

The past 8 years, I have been deceived on the internet by not one, but TWO females who presented themselves as male personnas. So, apparently, females are attracted to me. Interesting.

I currently have a 'friend' who is a very fundamentalist Christian and loves God more than anyone I've known in my life. She's very different. Her hormones have been wildly confused since birth. She shaves daily due to heavy beard. Her natural bent is far more masculine than feminine, however, she believes she is a woman and just because she doesn't fit the ideal in society, she doesn't like the idea that some would classify her as 'butch' etc. She just is who she is. BTW, her IQ is 161 (like Einstein and Darwin), so she is far more intelligent (classified genius) than anyone else I know. It's very possible that she is in fact 'intersexed' and she has considered homosexuality and even sex change, based more on societies classifications than her own. She has very strong views on homosexuality and the moral aspect of such. I find it interesting. Of all people who could say they were 'born' a certain way, she could certainly claim it, yet she rejects it.

Some would see us together and decide (based on appearances) that we were 'partners'. They would be wrong. We are merely people who talk the same language, we enjoy traveling together, we are single and each of us have a certain amount of respect for the other. I still would very much like to be married to a man again some day. She is pretty asexual, but enjoys having a companion to hang out with.

I do currently have several close friends who were really born with a medical anomaly known as being 'intersexed' (having both male/female ovaries and testicles). There is no disputing that. I also have many homosexual male friends who live with long term partners whom I love dearly. I also love my sister who is a gutter heroin addict.

I don't consider your experiences to be homosexual. When you were young, you were curious about the human body, whether it was male or female. That's normal, something that all kids go through. Your deep love for your friend isn't sexual, therefore it isn't homosexual. It's the love of one very close friend for another, probably very similar to your love for your family. I don't consider other women's attraction to you to be a homosexual experience, either, especially if they were fooling you into thinking they were men. Once you found out they were women, you weren't attracted to them, were you? To me, that's a clear indication that you aren't homosexual, and that you haven't chosen your sexuality. The female gender is a sexual turn-off for you.

lethea g: Thanks, I'll check it out.

And aren't we all learning here, whether we agree with each other or not? I know I am. I hope I am becoming more tolerant too. I have a very difficult time understanding extreme right wing politics, but reading many posts here (not this thread, but others) has helped me soften a little, I think.

mini me: What happened? Did you go to bed without telling me the name of the movie and who said the line? Rats! :bored

I totally agree, BJean. I have learned a great deal since posting on line and changed a great many opinions. In my mind, that is a sign of a good person, someone willing to look at the whole picture and form an opinion.

And aren't we all learning here, whether we agree with each other or not? I know I am. I hope I am becoming more tolerant too. I have a very difficult time understanding extreme right wing politics, but reading many posts here (not this thread, but others) has helped me soften a little, I think.
I agree, although in my experience, being here has reaffirmed my beliefs. I think that as I hear more and more people's points of view on politics, it makes me question even more. I expect people to give me a decent reason to change my politics when they tell me I am believing in the wrong thing. I think this forum, in particular, helps all of us to refine our beliefs and learn more about the other beliefs out there.

Carlene: Believe it or not that was the point of my post! I just put the part in about my friend to titillate and to brag a little.

LOL....I understand. My daughter, her husband, and another couple went to dinner to Celebrate their friend's BD. Then they went to a "gentlemen's club", because Brian (the birthday boy) wanted to. Now, Brian is very good-looking, but not as gorgeous as he thinks he is.

The waitress came over and, pointing to one of the "dancers", said, "Sheena would like to give you a table dance."

Brian assumed that someone had mentioned his BD. He was obviously flattered, nonetheless. "Thanks," he said, "but I don't think so. I'm here with my wife and..."

"No," the waitress said, cutting him off in mid-sentence, "not you, HER," and she pointed to my daughter.

Never has the male ego deflated more quickly than Brian's did that night.