Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Well, since YOU are the one who brought up hormonal factors, why don't you tell me about YOUR studies first? I'm headed out to dinner and look forward when I get back to seeing the proof from hormonal studies or otherwise that homosexuality is something people are born with.

IOW, you don't have the slightest freaken idea what the hormonal differences are!

See, this is how it works. You made the claim that you are essentially well versed on the topic of gays. So I asked you if you were aware of the hormonal differences in gays vs. straights. With me so far?

Instead of saying, "No, Bubblebutt, I guess I am not as well versed as I claim so would you explain it to me," you instead turn it around and act as though you know the answer, you just don't wanna tell.

Google and see what you can find. It might be quite educational for you to do so.

Still waiting to hear why Mark needs scientific proof for a gay gene yet you don't have to have the same kind of scientific proof for your God? Must I keep asking you the same questions repeatedly until you finally respond with something other than spew?

I read about this experiment at least 25 years ago.

A medical research scientist noted that there was a difference in the shape of the Hypothalamus (in the brain) of gay men and straight men. He also noticed that the incidence of gay men was higher in England among males born in the late 1930's through the early 1940's, so he went to the UK to try to find out why. In the UK, he questioned the mothers of the gay males. He found that many of them were pregnant during air raids.

All humans are conceived as female but because of the xy chromosome, at a particular point during gestation, testosterone is released and the parts that would have been female, become destined to be male including the section of the hypothalamus that controls sexual desire. It has been shown (according to this research scientist) that testosterone can be neutralized in a test tube with adrenaline. The research scientist theorized that the pregnant women would have been pumping out massive quantities of adrenaline during an air raid and that adrenaline could have gotten through the umbilical cord and effected the fetus and the testosterone that the fetus was producing.

The research scientist came back to the USA to test out his hypothesis. He set up an experiment with rats. Half of the rats were put in a cage with 12 hours of light, 12 hours of dark, plenty of food and plenty of exercise wheels. The other half were put into a cage in a room with random light and dark, random feedings and broken exercise wheels. The first group had little stress, while the second group had plenty of stress.

The first (stress free) group had many less homosexual offspring that the stressed group. The research scientist then killed gay rats and straight rats, and took frozen sections of their brains. He found that the gay rats had the same difference in the shape of their hypothalamus (compared to straight rats) as the gay humans had compared to the straight humans.

And your point is?....
Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Seems like rabble-rousing to me, and it's not defensible, no matter what creed the guy supposedly lives by.

It seems strange to me how people think homosexuality is a choice in humans, conveniently forgetting that homosexuality and homosexual behavior is quite common in the animal world. Do those animals make that "choice", also? If they do, you might want to rethink your stance on the intelligence and sentience of animals. If they can "choose" homosexuality, doesn't that make them intelligent beings? Makes you think.

Read at you own risk. Graphic language.

I am always baffled as to how any straight person can think that being Gay is a choice. I am going to speak graphically here so, stop anyone who is prudish, please stop reading now.

When I was 11 years old, I was talking to the prettiest girl in my class and all of a sudden, I realized that my penis was rubbing the inside of my pants and trying to push its way through. No one had ever told me about that physical reaction. This was 1956. This was before video tapes. We only had TV for a few years in my home and the shows were not (sexually) realistic and movies were all "goodie-2 shoes" types. I had no idea what was going on. I never had the choice to be Gay.

I ask any straight person who thinks being gay is a choice, "when did you decide to be straight?" If he (or she) is honest, they will have to admit that they never did. It just happened to them, just as it just happens to Gay people.

Would all the heterosexuals taking part in this discussion please take a moment to share? At what point in your life did you decide to live a straight lifestyle? I, for one, never experienced such an Epiphany. I never made a choice regarding my sexual orientation....it just WAS.

I have not studied homosexuality. I took a course in college called Abnormal Human Sexuality, but right off the bat, the instructor told us that homosexuality was not one of the topics we would be studying, since it's not considered, by the scientific community, to be abnormal sexual behavior.

I have known a number of gay people, and at some point in their lives, most tried to "choose" not to be gay. One hundred percent of them failed. So...what do you think? Did they just not try hard enough? Is that all it takes - more commitment, more determination, more self-discipline? Gee....that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

LOL....great minds think alike, TOM. After I hit the "submit" button, I saw your post. Good job, dude.
I guess it must be because we were both born Roman Catholic and have the RC chromosome. :faint::(

My point is we all have the option to not respond to a thread in order to feed the fire, or not..

Do I have to have a point? This is, after all, Rants and Raves.. :(

No, you definitely do not have to have a point. You are totally free to make pointless posts.

Would all the heterosexuals taking part in this discussion please take a moment to share? At what point in your life did you decide to live a straight lifestyle? I, for one, never experienced such an Epiphany. I never made a choice regarding my sexual orientation....it just WAS.

I have not studied homosexuality. I took a course in college called Abnormal Human Sexuality, but right off the bat, the instructor told us that homosexuality was not one of the topics we would be studying, since it's not considered, by the scientific community, to be abnormal sexual behavior.

I have known a number of gay people, and at some point in their lives, most tried to "choose" not to be gay. One hundred percent of them failed. So...what do you think? Did they just not try hard enough? Is that all it takes - more commitment, more determination, more self-discipline? Gee....that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Good point.

I never made a decision to be heterosexual, I just am.

Carlene: I remember distinctly when I realized I was a heterosexual woman. It hit me in the head like a sharp rock. Bam! I knew!!! For Sure!!!!

It was when a very dear friend of mine with 2 children, married to an extremely successful and attractive man, who is a 5'10" natural blond beauty (drop dead gorgeous, the kind of woman who when she walks into a room all the talk stops for a few moments and you hear audible gasps while they take in her beauty), hit on me by kissing me on the lips one night as she was leaving my house and then paused to ask (as I was sputtering in shock) if I would please consider going to bed with her.

That was it. If I ever had any doubts before, there were never any doubts after that. My answer was a resounding NO! And please do not put me in such an uncomfortable, awkward situation again! GAG!

Carlene: I remember distinctly when I realized I was a heterosexual woman. It hit me in the head like a sharp rock. Bam! I knew!!! For Sure!!!!

It was when a very dear friend of mine with 2 children, married to an extremely successful and attractive man, who is a 5'10" natural blond beauty (drop dead gorgeous, the kind of woman who when she walks into a room all the talk stops for a few moments and you hear audible gasps while they take in her beauty), hit on me by kissing me on the lips one night as she was leaving my house and then paused to ask (as I was sputtering in shock) if I would please consider going to bed with her.

That was it. If I ever had any doubts before, there were never any doubts after that. My answer was a resounding NO! And please do not put me in such an uncomfortable, awkward situation again! GAG!

Right. You just proved Carlene's point beautifully. (You do that a lot) It was not a choice, it just WAS.

i see that the whole topic has changed...but i got a movie quote...

"i gotta thumb, i gotta middle finger!"

Yes indeedy.

I will be completely honest here. I had often wondered if homosexuality was a choice, as so many around me had argued from time to time. Once I actually started exploring the idea, reading, listening, talking to gay people I knew, observing, reading more, delving into the possible genetic possibilities that there might just be an extra little sumthin' sumthin' that is present or lacking, it just made no sense whatsoever to believe that true homosexuals are gay by choice.

I do think that in my case, for instance, if I had decided to exeriment with my friend, just to see what it was about, I could have done so without being gay. Yup I believe that people can choose to do things that go against their natural instincts. But for those whose natural instincts are homosexual rather than heterosexual, it isn't a choice.