Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Which are . . . .???

Are the irrefutable scientific facts that people engaging in homosexual behavior tell us that they have no choice?

They much-reported "gay gene" has never been found.

Show me your irrefutable scientific facts.

It is absolutely irrefutable that the overwhelming majority of gay people do not experience their sexual preference as a choice. That is irrefutable. If you want to believe that it really is a choice, and that you know better, and that all gay people are really just victims of environmental influences, then believe what you want.

As for the gay "gene," you are confusing two issues. I never made any claims for biological proof. My claims are are that gay people, themselves, do not believe it is a choice. If you want to believe otherwise, and that you know better than all these people about who they are, then you are free to do that. It seems a little self-righteous and arrogant to me, but you are free to believe that.

Christians are lunatics with no education, all brainwashed and something short of sheep. Homosexuals, liberals and atheists are all pretty much more intelligent than any of their predecessors.
Well, you said it, we didn't. So I guess you aren't going to be attacking anyone who says that in the future, right?

Oh, education and intelligence are two different concepts. :(

Oh very much so, yes they are two different concepts. Amount of education does not equal intelligence. So what was the point of bringing up the education of athiests?

Oh very much so, yes they are two different concepts. Amount of education does not equal intelligence. So what was the point of bringing up the education of athiests?

Because the topic was education and you brought up intelligence.

Edit to add: Just a reminder but I'm still waiting to see those studies you have quite obviously read regarding gays and hormonal factors. I mean, you do claim to be well versed on the topic of gays.

As usual, Leatha, I agree with you on everything. And I agree that Paladin's post is just as offensive as the other threads about terrorists like me :( I am offended by both types of postings.
No one said that you were a terrorist. I said that you probably tended to vote for the same people that KKK members and Neo-Nazis vote for. I do not think that either you nor members of the KKK nor members of the Neo-Nazi movement will be casting too many votes for Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, if either is the Democrat's candicate for president.

If you vote the same way as they do, it does not make you a terrorist though they are, but if I found myself voting the same way as those two groups often enough, I would ask myself, what do they see in this candidate that I don't see?

It is absolutely irrefutable that the overwhelming majority of gay people do not experience their sexual preference as a choice. That is irrefutable. If you want to believe that it really is a choice, and that you know better, and that all gay people are really just victims of environmental influences, then believe what you want.

There are a lot of behaviors that people choose to engage in that they claim are not a choice or that they don't have the ability to overcome. These range from overeating to compulsive shopping to drug abuse to pedophilia. I believe that we all have challenges in this life and the measure of who we are is, in part, how we overcome our challenges. I don't do so well with some challenges, to my shame, and I do quite well with others. I don't believe, however, that you can ask a person who is struggling with their challenge to give you an accurate, unbiased opinion of that challenge.

I don't believe, however, that you can ask a person who is struggling with their challenge to give you an accurate, unbiased opinion of that challenge.

Not everyone considers homosexuality a "challenge" in the manner that it needs to be changed. So your statements makes little sense.

SHOCK! Some people think it is quite normal but we don't have a myth telling us otherwise in clouded words.

Not everyone considers homosexuality a "challenge" in the manner that it needs to be changed. So your statements makes little sense.

SHOCK! Some people think it is quite normal but we don't have a myth telling us otherwise in clouded words.

Exactly! gadgetlady, there are millions and millions of gay people around the world, most scientific estimates are around 3 to 5% of the population. There are probably many in your life that you don't know about. And there have been gay people for many thousands of years. Yet you choose to take a worldview that says you know better than these millions and millions of people do about who they are. In your view they are "challenged." The fact is, they are just like us. Having a particular sexual preference is no different from having a different one. The thing that makes it a challenge is the hatred of homophobes, many of whom are conservative Christians.

No one said that you were a terrorist. I said that you probably tended to vote for the same people that KKK members and Neo-Nazis vote for. I do not think that either you nor members of the KKK nor members of the Neo-Nazi movement will be casting too many votes for Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, if either is the Democrat's candicate for president.

If you vote the same way as they do, it does not make you a terrorist though they are, but if I found myself voting the same way as those two groups often enough, I would ask myself, what do they see in this candidate that I don't see?

What you said was "I don't think you are a Christian Fundamentalist terrorist, even if you take their side quite often."

I guess since you would vote the same way as they, you wouldn't mind my calling you a commie, Maoist, Marxist, Stalinist, or pinko?

Having a particular sexual preference . . .

Precisely my point. It is a preference, not an unchangeable orientation.

What you said was "I don't think you are a Christian Fundamentalist terrorist, even if you take their side quite often."

I guess since you would vote the same way as they, you wouldn't mind my calling you a commie, Maoist, Marxist, Stalinist, or pinko?

I certainly wouldn't disagree with you saying "I don't think you are a commie, Maoist, Marxist, Stalinist, or pink0, even if you take their side quite often." Why? Because of the part of the statement saying "I don't think you are a commie, Maoist, Marxist, Stalinist, or pinko."

Gadgetlady, you seem to be ignoring that part of the statement. When someone says that they don't think you are [insert description], they aren't saying that they really think you are [insert discription].

Just a reminder but I'm still waiting to see those studies you have quite obviously read regarding gays and hormonal factors. I mean, you do claim to be well versed on the topic of gays.

Well, since YOU are the one who brought up hormonal factors, why don't you tell me about YOUR studies first? I'm headed out to dinner and look forward when I get back to seeing the proof from hormonal studies or otherwise that homosexuality is something people are born with.

Precisely my point. It is a preference, not an unchangeable orientation.

If you think that makes your point, have at it. What I mean (as I think you know very well) is that their "preference" for people of the same sex is exactly like your "preference" for people of the opposite sex. It is just the way it is. It's just who they are. You can think of them as people who are sick and need to be cured if you want to. But that is a terribly arrogant position in life, don't you think, to believe that you know better than others about who they are?

If you think it is redundant, I have to ask why you put yourself through it? I mean, most people avoid what they find unpleasant. I am not telling you to go away, because I think you have every right to be here and state your opinion. That said, it makes no sense why you read threads like this and then complain about how redundant they are. If you think they are redundant, why read?

As I said. It's all the same arguement. Different thread. The only difference is that Paladin started this one and he is a professed Christian. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'll even bet he was expecting to get exactly the responses (redundant, though they are) that he is getting. Congratulations!

You are correct, many of the points made on this thread have been made on other threads. And you are correct, paladin is a Christian and he was probably expecting responses like this.

And your point is?....