Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Why would a gay person care what your religion tells you to believe?

I'm right there with you. How, in fact, could I ruin their lives, make them feel shame, or cause them to live a life filled with regret if they don't beleive what I believe. I personally don't think anyone can make you feel guilty for something that isn't morally wrong. I will never feel guilty for buying a Whirlpool washing machine instead of a Maytag. You can throw guilt at me all day long, tell me your god prefers Maytag over Whirlpool, and that Whirlpool is sinful. But if I don't believe in your god, I don't really care what he believes about washing machines.

Why would you even offer an opinion on the topic?

Unless asked, I wouldn't.

It isn't a matter of guilt, it is a matter of ... okay, here is an example. The person that made it a "point" to say that gays are human too but their sin is hated. Who needs to make gays feel like it needs to be pointed out they are human?

It's a matter of society not accepting them, that just isn't guilt.

What about laws people have attempted to have put in place where gays cannot rent an apt if the owner is a bigot? How about laws that don't protect gays the same way they do everyone else? THAT is what I'm referring to.

Please explain to me in all the research you have done on gay folks, what are the hormonal differences in gays vs. straights?

So the experiences of my friend and others who have had similar experiences -- and they're not an aberration; there are many of them -- are to be discounted, but the experiences of your friends, acquaintances, etc. are accurate? Again, you can choose to believe whatever you want. I choose to believe what I think accurately represents the world around me.

Or simply tired of rehashing the same topics under the guise of new threads.

It's been established. The more vocal membership of the forum (at this particular time) leans a bit more to the left than the right. Christians are lunatics with no education, all brainwashed and something short of sheep. Homosexuals, liberals and atheists are all pretty much more intelligent than any of their predecessors. What more could be said and in how many threads? :faint:

So many words to say so few things..

I personally don't see Paladin's initial posting as any more offensive as some of the other things said about heterosexuals, Christians or those terrible Right Wing Terrorists.. lol.

As usual, Leatha, I agree with you on everything. And I agree that Paladin's post is just as offensive as the other threads about terrorists like me :( I am offended by both types of postings.

So the experiences of my friend and others who have had similar experiences -- and they're not an aberration; there are many of them -- are to be discounted, but the experiences of your friends, acquaintances, etc. are accurate? Again, you can choose to believe whatever you want. I choose to believe what I think accurately represents the world around me.

Yes, the experiences of your friend, and the very very tiny percentage of other gay people who feel that way, can be totally discounted on a statistical level. The fact is, 99.999% of gay people do not believe the way she does. If you don't know that to be true, then you have not done anything like a scientific analysis of the issue. I think it would be fair to say that you made up your mind about this, then found a few people to confirm the position you already believed, and now you "choose to believe what [you] think accurately represents the world around [you].

You can choose to believe whatever you want. But you really should be careful about your claim that you have "studied" the issue. That is not a fair claim when it goes against absolutely irrefutable scientific facts.

We didn't say you have no education. Only stats I have seen is that atheists tend to have a bit MORE education.

:(:pound:

All hail the super-intelligent athiests! I bow to your superior intelligence.

:hail:

You can choose to believe whatever you want. But you really should be careful about your claim that you have "studied" the issue. That is not a fair claim when it goes against absolutely irrefutable scientific facts.

Which are . . . .???

Are the irrefutable scientific facts that people engaging in homosexual behavior tell us that they have no choice?

They much-reported "gay gene" has never been found.

Show me your irrefutable scientific facts.

Well then, you ignorant, uneducated, unimportant thang. You can always use the 'ignore' button if you're offended.. :( WHY would you even consider responding, or reading the post.. it IS in rants and raves... :faint::flock::flock::flock::flock:

LOLOL! I'm so NOT entitled to my opinion and my freedom of speech because I'm a conservative Christian!

LOLOL! I'm so NOT entitled to my opinion and my freedom of speech because I'm a conservative Christian!

Would this be a good time to tell you that freedom of speech is limited to ... oh, never mind.

:(

And I agree that Paladin's post is just as offensive as the other threads about terrorists like me :( I am offended by both types of postings.
Oh for Pete's sake, do we have to get into this topic AGAIN?! Once more, no one has EVER called you a terrorist!

Which are . . . .???

Are the irrefutable scientific facts that people engaging in homosexual behavior tell us that they have no choice?

They much-reported "gay gene" has never been found.

Show me your irrefutable scientific facts.

Your God hasn't been found either. I guess that means he doesn't exist, right?