Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One more day til banded

Hi All, I have one more day til banding:eek:. I am a nervous wreck. I'm weepy :think and have all the "what if's" going through my head, wondering if I'll be successful with this tool to finally lose the weight. Well wish me luck, any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all who are sharing the day with me.:)

My words of wisdom would be to consider that it is YOU that makes the band work. Some people ask "What if it doesn't work for me?" It'll work for YOU if you work for the band. Keep on top of your fills, don't eat foods that go down too easily, and don't try to use the first month as a weight loss period. It's a healing period. You'll have more energy to do what you need to do if you get calories in during the healing period.

You'll do fantastic! Use positive self-talk and remember that the band has no "magic period." I lost the majority of my weight during the last 9 months, when I really started to enjoy exercising. So don't get caught in the "I've only lost 30 pounds in 5 months" trap. Just get back on the horse and do it. Good luck!

My date is only 4 days away and I am a bit nervous! I think about losing more than just weight likemaybe a freind? I think about not being able to do this the right way? I will be praying for you to do well! Kim

Omg, how exciting!!! Don't be scared..just go for it. Everything will be great. Two weeks from now, when you're feeling 100%, you're going to be sooooo happy you did it.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I'm glad to have the support that everyone offers here. I'll let everyone know how it goes once I get home.

Yay, congrats :)

I know you must be just bursting at the seams with excitement. I still remember that feeling. Just take a deep breath when you go in and remember it's ok that you will feel crappy and sore for anywhere from 2days to 2weeks (everyone is different) so don't let that get you down. I just kept visualizing how skinny I was gonna get, and it made everything better :)

:grouphug:Hey y'all, let's keep mnkbrly in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. It's her big day! :cheer2::)

mnkbrly~

Congrats on your BIG DAY! You are NOT alone in lot of your feelings of nervousness and we are all here to help you along your journey. I was banded on Jan 29th 2007 and have not felt this good in years! Do exactly what YOUR physican prescirbesno two people are the same, so be mndful that this is not a competition, but a life changing experience for YOU! Enjoy the fellowship you'll find here!

Banded 01/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland/CMMC/Jackson MS

Starting BMI-60

331/298/150

52 yrs young

5'2"

no refill todate

Hope everything is going well for you. As soon as you are up to it, let us know how you did.

I had the same reaction. I cried for a long time before my surgery saying to myself "how did I get here". Take it easy and enjoy the ride. You will love being banded.

My day is tomorrow and I feel so nervous and sick to my stomach. I am actually waiting for the clinics driver to pick me up right now for pre-op testing! The time is at a stand still.:nervous

My day is tomorrow and I feel so nervous and sick to my stomach. I am actually waiting for the clinics driver to pick me up right now for pre-op testing! The time is at a stand still.:nervous

Good luck Stacy!!! We're pulling for you!!! :success1::cheer2: