Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not asking IF it's ok to have caffeine, I'm asking for the people that do drink caffeine, how much do you have per day?

Usually one cup. Very occasionally I've had a FF latte in the afternoon if I'm meeting a friend.

One large cup, here. At least 12 oz, but I didn't return to coffee until I was about a year out.

As a matter of fact, I think it is ready right now.

w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg

I have an iced coffee made with 1 scoop Chike + 1 teaspoon instant espresso in the morning, so that's the equivalent of 2 shots of espresso. And then in the evenings I usually have 12 oz. (2 standard coffee cups) of black coffee.

I was a big coffee-holic. While in the hosp after surgery, my NUT came to see me and the first question I asked was When can I drink coffee again. She said anytime, so long as you ditch the cream and sugar and use truvia and fat free half and half. Oh, specifically, I as a Dunkin Donuts coffee feind. I find now that I can only drink about half of a small coffee.

Thanks everyone. I often find myself drinking coffee in between meals to stop from snacking. I've been drinking about 16-20 oz per day. I always use Splenda, and sugar free Creamers or fat free half and half.

I was never able to tolerate coffee, pre-sleeve. Oddly, I now drink one to two cups of (caffeinated) coffee each day. I only drink it with regular sugar (one teaspoonful) and 1/2&1/2 (one Creamer per cup). I finish sweetening it with the sugar-free flavored Syrup. Yum, yum. A cup of coffee is heaven and does not upset my sleeve like it used to upset my full-sized stomach. Go figure!?! My nutritionist was OK with me using regular sugar in my tea/coffee as long as I do not use much of it per day. It has made my life so much more pleasant than sweet-n-low/stevia/equal/etc. I guess the nutritionists OK to drink coffee and one's ability to tolerate it is variable.

I am two weeks out and still trying to figure out the coffee deal.

My stomach can handle a sugar free, fat free, vanilla latte from Starbucks - as much as I can drink right now, which is maybe 1/2 of a short.

I have a Keurig and have been experimenting with flavored syrups, fat free Creamers, milk, coconut creamer, etc. I drink about 3-4 ounces and lose interest or it's cold. I've tried an insulated cup, but that's not the same as sitting down with a piping hot ceramic cup.

Nothing is upsetting my stomach - I'm more bummed about the coffee drinking experience. (I drank a fair amount of coffee pre-surgery - 3-5 cups daily.)

My nut told me it was fine for 2 cups of coffee a day just make sure I get plenty of my noncaffeinated fluids in. I mix my

Protein in my coffee sometimes as well.

I actually caffinate (sp?) quite a bit. Once in the morning to start the day and once in the afternoon, before working out. I think it is about 200 mg am and 300 mg afternoon. 16 months post op. I am thinking about cutting back one of these days.