Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hey KT, Good to hear from you. I'll try to keep my posterior covered this time. I don't want to give 'em too much of a thrill - especially right after lunch! I told Niki it will be nice to finally be able to associate a face with a name. In your case, unfortunately, you have something else to remember me by. :redface: Niki's supposed to report at 12:45 and I'm right after her at 1:00. My fill is supposed to be at 2:00. Hope to see you then! BTW, that's funny - you calling US kids. You're the youngster of the bunch! :tongue:

Good to have you check in KTBugg -- love that user name as I have a niece and we call her Katie bug! That pretty little girl I diapered as a baby is now at Northern Arizona University finishing up as a freshman and wants to be a doctor - actually she's had her mind made up for maybe 7 years or more that is what she wanted to do with her life and she's never given up her dream. I told her that her Aunt will cover the cost of her textbooks if she gets at least B's and then reviews her grade card with me after a quarter/semester then I reimburse her for her book cost so she can put it toward the next set of books.< /p>

Good Morning!

Just wanted to check in with everyone.

KTBugg~ good to hear from ya.

Heather~ I like your way of thinking girl. I think your aunt is right on with the maintenance thing, I DO NOT want to live the rest of my life on 800 cal. a day

SpecialK~ Thanks for the nutrition info...I love Wendys chili and I have filed that away for future use.

Hello Niki, Sue, Greg, Lady, Debbie, and anyone else I've forgotten to mention.

I went to Barix and signed a medical records release on Wed. They faxed everything to Mt. Carmel as I waited.... I'm so happy they didn't give me a hard time about it. I made my cardio appt for Monday, and then I have my first nutrition appt with Andrea on the 21st. She said I could go ahead and schedule my pre-op nutrition class, so thats scheduled for May 1st.

All I have to do is wait for someone to call and schedule the surgeons appt. I think things a moving along pretty good right now.:sad_smile:

I am so excited about the fashion show and getting to meet some of you tomorrow. It will be so nice to put faces to people that are such a support in one of the biggest decisions in my life.

Everyone have a blessed day!

Good to have you check in KTBugg -- love that user name as I have a niece and we call her Katie bug! That pretty little girl I diapered as a baby is now at Northern Arizona University finishing up as a freshman and wants to be a doctor - actually she's had her mind made up for maybe 7 years or more that is what she wanted to do with her life and she's never given up her dream. I told her that her Aunt will cover the cost of her textbooks if she gets at least B's and then reviews her grade card with me after a quarter/semester then I reimburse her for her book cost so she can put it toward the next set of books.

That is so generous K! What a nice aunt you are. ^_^

Good Morning!

Just wanted to check in with everyone.

KTBugg~ good to hear from ya.

Heather~ I like your way of thinking girl. I think your aunt is right on with the maintenance thing, I DO NOT want to live the rest of my life on 800 cal. a day

SpecialK~ Thanks for the nutrition info...I love Wendys chili and I have filed that away for future use.

Hello Niki, Sue, Greg, Lady, Debbie, and anyone else I've forgotten to mention.

I went to Barix and signed a medical records release on Wed. They faxed everything to Mt. Carmel as I waited.... I'm so happy they didn't give me a hard time about it. I made my cardio appt for Monday, and then I have my first nutrition appt with Andrea on the 21st. She said I could go ahead and schedule my pre-op nutrition class, so thats scheduled for May 1st.

All I have to do is wait for someone to call and schedule the surgeons appt. I think things a moving along pretty good right now.^_^

I am so excited about the fashion show and getting to meet some of you tomorrow. It will be so nice to put faces to people that are such a support in one of the biggest decisions in my life.

Everyone have a blessed day!

Hiya Angie! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! Don't worry... I'm bringing the name tags and pens again so that we can keep track of everyone :-)

Hi to all! I had my post op check up with Dr. Price today and he was very pleased. Judy his nurse said I'm down 19 lbs by their records.!!

I asked about getting my first fill appt the week of April 28th which will be 6 weeks out from surgery and Judy and Dr. Price agreed to put that into the computer to get it lined up. I have my first follow up appt now with Dr. Miller for June 3. These guys sure are busy doctors but I'm doing fine and that gives me a month with a fill to see how the restriction is going at that level so he can advise whether I need a second fill to keep making progress.

Last, I gave Dr. Price the LAPBANDTALK.COM website name and told him that he really should be aware that there were some not flattering things posted about the office staff in various aspects and I specifically explained what happened to me with my appt and etc. He said he really appreciated me letting him know that he needs to be on top of these things. He asked if there is anything posted about the surgical care from the surgeons and I said No-- we love our surgeons and are really happy with our recovery from surgery and things.

Last, I asked about Melissa being the one doing fills now instead of one of the doctors doing that and if its becoming fairly common practice for the nurses to be trained and perform the fills and he said yes, its very common now for them to train a nurse for the fills and then they are there to back her up if needed. So, I'll be in line with the rest of you to get Melissa to do my fill here in a couple weeks.

I really appreciated Dr. Price saying he was going to get on the internet and read for himself what the concerns are, and maybe get his nurse/office manager to check on things??, and that it was important for them to do the office things well as much as the surgical care too. I was thinking about it on the drive home and realized about 80% of our interaction with them is the office staff and nurses and 20% with the doctor themselves. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Edited by SpecialK

Ive been following your comments because I too have been denied. I see you finally got your band. I have been denied because in the 2 year period my bmi was under 35. I appealed there decision and was denied for a second time. I was a couple of pounds under the weght. (4lbs to be exact). Im out of 500.00 which I did not have and still no surgery. Did you go though an attorney to get your approval. I seen were you said that you would if you had to.

A quick question for those who have had a recent fill: how much time should I plan on spending there? I'm supposed to report to the testing room at 1:00 and then have the adjustment at 2:00. I'm just curious, based on those who have been through it, how long it might take? Keep in mind that this is my first, so it may take a little bit longer with the fluoroscope. Thanks!

hey Greg we haven't officially met but my first fill didn't take long at all. I was in and out in less than an hour including registration time and going up to the 7th floor to get weighed. The fill itself took about 10 minutes total. Easy and painless. good luck to you. I got filled April 1st and can't get another til June 23 which is totally not acceptable as i feel the need for more already!!!

Sarah - I'd talk with Dr. Choban, Dr. Price or Dr. Miller and ask to get moved up if you really can't wait until June 23 from April something -- I agree that is a long time between fills when you're losing or if you feel you get well into May and know you need a fill if your weight loss is slowing down or you're real hungry. I'm excited like Greg about getting my first fill.

I saw Dr.Choban on the 10th, but don't get my first fill until May 6th...so all of you that go first, give a full report please so we know what to expect.:)

Okay, got my 1st Fill appt for 1pm on April 29th and I'm supposed to report to the the Testing Center by 12 noon. Woo Hoo!!!!!! Hope to see Greg, Niki and others.

I talked to Diane at Mid Ohio yesterday. i told her my woes of being able to eat a lot at a time and no weight loss for 2 weeks. she was able to get me in THIS MONTH!! for a fill. I was so excited got on the scales today and dropped 2 more lbs. probable cause I complained I hadn't lost. Murphy's law i guess

Yah Sarah, that is great! I am glad to hear they are being a little more willing to sneak people in when they need it!

Special K, looks like we will all be there for our fills together! I wonder if they will fill us all with the same amount of Fluid? ?

Yea Sarah! Maybe we'll see you April 29th too! That's wonderful that they moved it up. They must be hearing the same story from alot of us that is reinforcing that they really need to work with us on fill appts. Even if you are May 6th with Sue, that's still a big improvement over waiting until June!