Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

On the mushies - I thought that very refined foods that take minimal chewing qualified for the mushies - I didn't think it had to be liquid-y! I'm doing cottage cheese, mashed potato, applesauce, and ham salad! Anything that has any texture I chew, chew, chew to be sure. Doing fine on very small quantities eating about a baby spoon bite at a time.

Had my first fill today with Melissa. I was in and out in no time. Virtually painless I got 3cc in my 10cc band. Just on liquids today so haven't noticed much difference. Much easier than i thought!!

Hi all! I am now officially a Shamrock! Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Monday went very well. The anethesiologist says 'Lets give you something to relax', they wheeled me into the operating room, I said 'Oooo, bright lights' lol, and next thing you know, I am in recovery. It was over so so fast! I woke up pretty uncomfortable, feeling like I ate a Thankgiving turkey all by myself! A shot from the nice nurse and her magic needle made that go away! I consider myself pretty lucky for the most part. I dodged the bullet with the dreaded gas/shoulder pain. Didn't have it at all. I was the only bander in the ward on Monday, so I either walked with my visitors, or with my trusty mp3 player. Tuesday was the longest day ever tho! Dr. Choban came to see me at about noon (after being told that she would be there at 8!) and told me that I could go after I tolerated a full liquid lunch. What do you know, they brought me a clear liquid lunch! Took them an hour and a half to bring me a full liquid. I got some of it down, but then they did my final vitals, and my bp was high, something like 145/109. Eeek! I told them that I was in a little bit of pain, so they felt that was making my bp high. Told me they would bring me something, I dozed off, and they forgot. Then at 5pm, when my ride showed to pick me up, they did my vitals and surprise surprise, my bp was high! They then finally gave me something for the pain, but told me that I had to wait until it went down before they would release me. Oh joy!! I was starting to think that my bp was high from frustration, lol. Finally, it went down into normal range, and I got to leave at about 7pm. Both Michelle and Melissa were surprised to see me still there so late. FYI, they hired a new dietician, and I think her first class is the 17th. So at least they have that problem taken care of. All in all it went very smoothly, and even though I am sore and tired, I expected it to be way worse than this. Thank you all for your support and information. I hope I can give back even half of what you guys have given to me!!!!

Just a quick update here for the Mt. Carmel bandsters -- the Bariatric Patients Style Show is at Tuttle Mall not at Polaris Mall. It is April 12th from 2-4 pm in front of the Macy's Hayden Rd entrance. I've posted under the Central Ohio get together that was planned for April 12th for us to shift and meet at Tuttle Mall instead. Hope we can see each other there.

Edited by SpecialK

I have a bit of a rant..I have some redness and some white, yellow, clear looking discharge on one edge of my port site. Probably not a big thing ...maybe. It worried me so I called Dianna at noon today and got her voice mail...of course.... I explained my concerns and told her that I would be home until 2:30 and after that at work...gave both numbers. She had not called me back by 4pm so I called her back from work ...voice mail again and told her that I was worried about infection and would appreciate a call back. She called me back a short while later and has decided that it is a reaction to the steri strips since they have only been off of that spot for a couple of days. I told her that I had absolutely no reaction any where else from the tape. She said to watch it and if it got bigger or I ran a temp to let her know. I guess she means for me to leave her another voice mail. Well I think it is just wrong that I have to go through voice mail and calling back and waiting hours to talk to someone when I think I might have a problem. I am not at all impressed with the after care that we receive from these people. There ....I feel better now! :huh2:

Sue - sorry to hear you're having a port incision problem. Have you tried cleaning with an antibacterial soap like Dial and/or using Neosporin on it? I wouldn't wait until they get you in.

By the way, I'm trying a product called Bio Oil I found discussed under the scars thread and I think its helping - my incisions look really good.

On the eating front, I tried about 1/2C of some baked Beans yesterday and just mashed them with my spoon and they were real tasty. Just another mushies idea for folks.

Thanks SpecialK, It looks a little better today so it will probably be fine. I am just upset because it seems that I never get a live person when I call there for any reason. Maybe I am expecting to much.

Where did you find your Bio oil?

Hey guys, just back from my post-op visit with Dr Choban. Things went great--I didn't have to wait long, she answered my question, gave me the ok to start lifting/running, and said my first fill will be with Melissa on the 29th (one day short of 7 weeks). Sje also removed a stitch that was still poking out...I got the impression from her reaction that she must have let a resident stitch me up...no big deal from my opion, but the scars could have looked a little better if more time was taken...maybe I will try the oil you are using SpecialK?!?!?

Day 4 post-op and I am feeling kinda good actually! I was finally able to sleep on my side last night, thanks to my lovely body pillow. I am barely sore this morning, unless I move wrong. I am having the hardest time forcing myself to drink and eat. Wow that sounded funny, who would have thought that I would ever actually say that? lol

Getting in the fluids has been a challenge. How do you guys do it? Any hints would be appreciated, I find myself forgetting to drink for hours!

Lisa, glad you're doing so well...it just keeps getting better. I have never had a problem with drinking. Except for trying to remember to take small sips, I can drink the way I always have. I'm sure that will change after I get some restriction.