Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

It's just a two-page letter: one with instructions for the pre-admission testing, and the second page with the time/date of surgery, as well as pre-surgery consult with Dr. Choban.

Oh! I did not get one of them due to me having my surgery on a short notice kinda thing, I was approved one day and like the next day or two on a Wednesday Charlene called and ask if I could have my Surgery on the following Monday, so they rush me in to have all of my pre test on Thursday and that is when I received that paper work. (Best thing I have EVER done for myself!!!!!!) You guys will not regret this at all!!!!!!!

I GOT MY LETTER!!! I AM APPROVED!!!! OH MY GOLLY!!!! I thought DH checked the mail yesterday, and he thought I did...... He checked it this evening and there it was!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!

Yeah TM !! :( I knew you would make it!! I am so happy for you!! :tongue: You could still make the 17th.... :thumbup:

Started my voluntary Slimfast Optima shakes this a.m. - I'm going to do 1 for Breakfast, 1 for mid morning, eat a lean lunch (my boss is taking me out to an Irish restaurant downtown), and then 1 shake for dinner and 1 for an evening snack. They say they are 180 calories each and 10 gr Protein so 4 of those will be 720 calories and I'm going to try to stay as close to 500 calories for lunch as I can. I know this didn't work out to have my starting day being a day with a business lunch. Tomorrow, it will be a Lean Cuisine lunch so I know it should be easier to make 300-500 for lunch plus the shakes.

Sue & Greg - let me know how pre-op diet is going for you.

Thanks Sue & Specialk~ I'm just so happy. It's really gonna happen now! It felt like just a pipe dream before, but now I have it in writing.

Is anyone going to the Support Group meeting tonight? I will be there and my mom is going to be with me. I am looking forward to see what it is all about. I have a feeling that most of the people that will be there are gastric bypass patients and not LB.

Started my voluntary Slimfast Optima shakes this a.m. - I'm going to do 1 for breakfast, 1 for mid morning, eat a lean lunch (my boss is taking me out to an Irish restaurant downtown), and then 1 shake for dinner and 1 for an evening snack. They say they are 180 calories each and 10 gr Protein so 4 of those will be 720 calories and I'm going to try to stay as close to 500 calories for lunch as I can. I know this didn't work out to have my starting day being a day with a business lunch. Tomorrow, it will be a Lean Cuisine lunch so I know it should be easier to make 300-500 for lunch plus the shakes.

Sue & Greg - let me know how pre-op diet is going for you.

SpecialK - Dr. Choban didn't really specify any particular liquid diet for me. She just said to lose 10 pounds before surgery. I had lost some but gained a little back, soooo I decided to start a Slimfast-only diet today (5 or 6 a day) - with lots of Water in-between times to get that bloated feeling - and I'll see how it goes. Hopefully, by the time I have my pre-op consult a week from Friday, I will have lost at least 10 pounds. Plus, I figure this will get me "in the mood" for the post-op liquid diet. Fun, fun!

Thanks Sue & Specialk~ I'm just so happy. It's really gonna happen now! It felt like just a pipe dream before, but now I have it in writing.

Angie - congratulations on your approval! I know it has been a long time coming. I feel extremely lucky because my whole process only took about three months from acceptance into the program to my surgery date. I only had one scare - and that was the need for a heart cath - but that was a false alarm. I know many people have had numerous obstacles and drawn-out ordeals & denials. Now that mine is scheduled, I am getting the pre-surgery jitters. I'm not nervous about the surgery itself - moreso, I wonder about the food restrictions and things I won't be able to eat anymore that I really like. But I figure it will be well worth the result - which is living longer and being here to enjoy my family & grandchildren. In any case, I am happy for you!

Greg

Thanks Greg~ I am feeling the jitters as well. I think its only natural though..... This is a life changing event WE ARE DOING TO OURSELVES! I only slept a few hours last night just thinking about all the changes that are about to take place, from the pre-op diet to the pain after surgery. I have had a couple major surgeries, and I can deal with pain thats not my fault, but this is self inflicted. ARE WE ALL CRAZY???? The answer to that lies in your post...... I want to "live longer and be here to enjoy my family and grandchildren". That my friend is worth it all. :thumbup:

there is so much going on here, i can barely keep up!!! this is great.

Angie--congratulations!!

Greg--welcome!!!

i have been banded since june and like you i was worried about missing food. but i never do. i can eat just about anything. even the things they say we should not eat. i was worried about not being able to eat popcorn which is one of my favorite Snacks. but i can eat it, i just eat a cup or so, not the great big, honkin' bowl full i used to eat.

the other thing i was worried about was the dried fruit. raisins are another favorite of mine. but i can eat them too.

the only things i havent eaten are steak and broccoli. meat does cause me some problems.

i dont think about food as much as i used to. i find it quite liberating. i can still go out and eat with friends and enjoy myself.

i am saving a lot of time and money by not going to the grocery store every other day. now i enjoy buying new clothes!! i love my new body and all the compliments i get.

getting the band was the best thing i ever did. i wish i could have done it 20 years ago.

Debbie~ I love to read your posts about feeling free and happy!!!! They give me hope. Look at your ticker~ one more lb and your gonna be at the 80lb mark in 9 months!?! You rock girlie!!!

ANGIE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU:thumbup:!!!!

I to like Debbie can eat just about every thing I use to just in a lot less then what I use to, the only thing I really have trouble with is bread, it just doesn't agree with my band, even if I toast it. I can eat pizza but only a little of it before the dough starts to cause me to PB:embaressed_smile: but one slice is plenty! Debbie do you know why they say no popcorn? I can eat it with no problem but wonder the whole time what it is doing to my band?

It looks like everyone who is a regular is banded or have their approval letters, that is so Great!!! Too bad Angie isn't going to be at Mt. Carmel on the 17 with SpecialK, and Greg to walk the halls with them and sing the theme song:laugh:.

Lady~ I do wish I could be with the group at Mt. Carmel.....that would be so much fun, and what a bonding experience walking the halls and singin' the song. Those who pass gas together.....well, lets just say you better be pretty good friends huh??? :cursing::lol::scared2:

BTW~ you are about 2/3 of the way goal now! WTG!!! You and Debbie have really inspired me over the last year. Thanks girls.:drool: