Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

URGENT ??????????

Sorry, this is gross. Ok, I was banded on the 6th. Yesterday I went pee and there was a little blood well, Today, I went poop a few times and when I was done and wiped there was dark blood on the T.P. and brighter red blood in the potty. Not just a little, the Water is pure red. I called and they said it could just be a hemroid(sp) I had one a couple years ago. But, The poop was not hard at all. They said I can go to the E.R. or go to west and make an appointment. We think that is too much blood for just a hemroid. and I am having pain and cramping in my tummy and below my belly-button. I know, I am really sorry, this is gross and TMI, but, I need to know if I need to go to the E.R. or not. I don't want to go if I do not have too. but, I worry about the amount. I seem to be losing quite a bit of blood. Any Advice would be great. Thank you so much. Ps. Way to go Special.

Oh my gosh!!!! I just got the call from Charlene at my surgeon's office that she gave them the info needed and Aetna turned around and immediately approved my surgery this morning! I have to now wait to get a surgery date. She says she gives the approved patients list to the surgeons' to schedule and then I should here something soon!

:tt2::biggrin::unsure::ohmy:

OMGosh! I am doing the happy dance for you!!!!!! I hope you get your date soon! My fingers are crossed for a quick call back!

kt bugg---hope you are okay, but either way get yourself to the ER.

a hemorroid is not going to give you blood in your urine.

Good Evening All, I was with BCBS last year when I went to the Bariactric seminar. Had spoke to BCBS before that day and was so happy to get everything started and knowing I would be covered. That very day we received in the mail notice that BCBS was dropping us (Federal employees)at the end of the year and we would need to decide at open enrollment who we would go with. Anyway it was to late, because Dr. Choban said the process would take 3 to 4 months. She said at the Seminar that United Healthcare was one of the easiest so that is the one we went with. They require a five year weight history. Charlene explained that is not a diet history but just weight. I have 4 years. I spoke with my previous Dr. today and found out I can get my medical records from them. As I stand right now my Cardiologists has asked me to send him a release for my medical history so I have asked them to include my weight history the same time.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to go through the Nutritional classes?That will be the last base (that I know of) to cover that they have asked for after I am cleared with the cardiologists.

Hooray for you SpecialK!!! Maybe we will have surgery at the same time....you can hold my hand cause I'm a little scared..:unsure::ohmy::biggrin:

KT-- I would call the office and have them page the on call doctor! If you don't hear back, I would go to the ER. You would rather be safe and get it checked out, right? Good luck, and keep us updated!

Special K--YAH!!!! I am so glad you got the news you have been waiting for...maybe you, sue and I will be March 12 buddies?!?!?!

Joy--there is a one-on-one with Michelle that needs to be completed before you see the doctor and submit for insurance coverage. After that there are two other classes before surgery and one a week out...but they were all scheduled after I had a surgery date...

Lady QT--were you at the support group meeting earlier this month? I talked with someone after the meeting who had trouble with their first fill...just wondering if that was you???

Debbie--I was already done and gone before you were at dr choban's office. I did spend the am with the ladies you got to meet. They were very nice.

Deb

:(:thumbup:SpecialK I am doing the Happy Dance for you too!!!! Congrats!!! you can still make it to being a Feb. banded baby! It took less then a week for them to schedule me for Surgery after I got Approved, I remember being at work getting the call from Charlene and her asking me if Monday July 23 would work for me, it was like Wednesday July 18 when she was making the call and I jumped right on it!!! I am so happy for you.

KT how's it going? I have had bleeding Hemorrhoids before and they are painful with the same type of blood you are talking about, so it might be that.

Nurse Niki, I was not at the meeting but I need to take my Bootie to one to get me motivated into losing weight better, maybe we can all plan to attend March's meeting then go out for a cup of Caffine free Joe I think it will do us all some Good.

Debbie when is your next fill Schedule? Mine is March 20, just wondering because at one point we were on the same day.

Sue have you heard any thing else on your Big Day?

This Just in........ Eastmoor Boys BasketBall team is still in the running of winning the District, we beat Jonathan Alder last night......Very intense game!!! Did I tell you yall what happen to my son, that almost ended his season due to injury?? Here's what happened Jan. 28. He was running back into the Gym after pratice when he slipped and fell on the wet floors, causing him to slide into the metal door jam face first (Ouch) he hit his mouth and his top two teeth was forced up into his gums, you could not really see them, but with Prayer, and a clam mother (with prayer) I Refused them to call 911 and raced to the school and rushed him to Fixari Dentist were Dr. Bang saved his teeth by pulling them back down and placing a brace on his teeth to hold them in place, then the next morning I had to take him back to his Ortho who had just seen him the day before and told him his teeth were perfect. Dr. Hutta in Gahanna, and Dr. Bang both agree that he shouldn't play, but left it up to us because the City Championship was in two weeks, but after his next visit they said he could if he wears a mouth guard that Dr. Hutta made for him, Did I mention that my son has to have Brace's put back on due to this Trama injury (he fracture his bones in the top of his mouth also) but Glory be to God Dr. Hutta looked at me when he was telling that he has to put Brace's back on (which was kinda pricecy) he looked at me and said... NO COST TO YOU MOM, he has also offered to put on the clear ones that cost more. Dr. Bang and Dr. Hutta is AWSOME!!!!!!!!

These last 5 months has been very trying for me, but I have made it through. Sorry Ladies I didn't mean to bore you with my son's story.

Oh my...that sounds terrible QT! It makes my heart race hearing you tell the story, I can only imagine how scared you were! Thank Goodness you had the right mindset to rush him to the dentist rather than the ER...He would have lost the teeth for sure! I can only imagine how he must have looked...the face and head are so bloody when cut!

Lady QT--I go back on mar 18 for a fill. i dont know that was my 4th fill and i swear i am still hungry. mornings are okay but the evenings are tough. i have over 3cc in and she said it only holds 4. this has me a tad worried. i think i can eat more than i should be able to.

one forum on here said that sometimes a fill doesnt kick in for 2-3 weeks. why that would be, i dont know. i hope it does though because right now i dont feel any different than i did before.

also that story about your son gave me chills. you were so smart to get him to the dentist. God must have been giving you some guidance because i dont think i would have known that.

Hopefully everything will remain calm for you in the future.

and good luck with those future BB games

I just got home and there is a denial from Aetna in my mail for my lapband surgery but the letter is dated February 13 and Charlene from Dr. Price's office (surgeon) called me on Monday February 18 and said I'd been approved. Now I don't know what to think until I can talk with Charlene in the a.m. I'm hoping that Aetna reversed their position once they had the 5 year weight history notes and that Aetna just needs to send me a 3rd and hopefully final letter saying I'm approved effective February 18th. Say a prayer for me on this. I'm trying to stay positive that its all okay.

SpecialK, I believe if Charlene called you she has heard from the ins. company, that letter is more then likely before they received all of your paper work, don't sweat it. Hey does Aetna have a web site where you can go and review your claims? If so try going there and see what you can find out. I know waiting can be a pain, but I don't think Charlene would have called without first getting comfirmation from your insurance company!

Debbie, if you call Dr. Choban and tell them that you are hungry they will get you in sooner if they have an appt.

My son got his Brace's on today, they put the clear one's on and you can bearly tell he has them on.:cursing:

I just got home and there is a denial from Aetna in my mail for my lapband surgery but the letter is dated February 13 and Charlene from Dr. Price's office (surgeon) called me on Monday February 18 and said I'd been approved. Now I don't know what to think until I can talk with Charlene in the a.m. I'm hoping that Aetna reversed their position once they had the 5 year weight history notes and that Aetna just needs to send me a 3rd and hopefully final letter saying I'm approved effective February 18th. Say a prayer for me on this. I'm trying to stay positive that its all okay.

Oh sweety, ignore it... it was most likely sent before you got the weight history in to them. It's a technicality because they had to deny you without that. That's why it was so fast for approval once they had the information they needed.

I'm sure that's what Charlene will tell you tomorrow.

First.............YAHOOOOOO SUE!!!!! :cursing: I am so happy for you!!! It has been a long fight, but you made it through my friend.

I am so happy for you too SpecialK. Everyone will be banded around the same time (fingers crossed)

Niki....Your vacation is just around the corner, I bet your babies are so excited. I hope your family has a great time.

LadyQT.....girl your family has been under attach! Enough already! Thank God your sons ok, and that dentist rocks.

DH and I have been fighting some sort of nasty bug for ever it seems. DH came down with it 2 days before we left for the cruise and started antibiotics. He felt better for the cruise, but ended up going back to the doc for another dose of antibiotics on Tue. last week and just went back to work yesterday. The day after we left I started having sinus issues and tried zicam and an otc sinus medication, that held me till the last two days of the cruise, and then I went to bed and didn't get out again until they made me leave when we docked in Tampa. OH MY GOLLY this is the worst bug I've ever had, and I got my flu shot this year too!!

That being said, I had a wonderful vacation. It was so nice to be with my family (16 of us) in such exotic places. We went to Grand Cayman Island and swam with the sting rays!!!! Then to Cozumel Mexico....I got a very cute Coach purse and wallet there. Then to Belize, I can't even say how beautiful it was there. Then Roatan Honduras. I met a little boy in Honduras named Jeffery. He was 8 yrs old. He said "Miss, is there snow on your island?" I wanted to bring that baby home with me. I even tried snorkeling and LOVED it. I never would have believed that I would be able to say I have snorkeled in Honduras, but I have. I get so emotional when I think of how blessed I am and how good God is to me. 6 years ago the doctor said I had terminal cancer (5% chance of survival) I should go home and get my affairs in order..... I refused to believe that and I trusted that God would bring me through it, and here I am 6 years later doing things I only dreamed about.

Ok, off to bed.

I hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow.

KTBugg.... did you go to the ER? I am praying for you.

Hi Debbie! I almost forgot, but I think you are right on with a slight unfill for your cruise. I didn't go crazy, but I was so thankful I could eat.