Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

i went out of town again this weekend and ate all my meals in restaruants for the last three days. that is asking for trouble. i wont even weigh myself tomorrow. i would rather just bury my head in the sand.

dr choban is fantastic. i never met the other drs but you cant go wrong with her.

saturdays really work best for me.

Lady, Hang in there hon. I am feeling your pain with gaining weight. I have been on those steroids for so long that the weight has piled on more and more. I am so fuffy. TOM always gets me too, and with the PCOS, TOM is every 3 weeks now...... Ok and I am out of control with the eating too. I just eat, ARGGG! I so want to get my band and be done with this out of control feeling. I know its not magic and I have to work with it, and I ready for that. Just a few more months.

Did I mention my surgeon has left Barix? I am so upset. I found out when I went to my dietician appt. I am seeing the other doctor next week, but the reason I chose Barix is because I liked that doctor. I'm now questioning my choice of facilities. I'm in a bad situation though. If I switch now, I will have to do the hoop jumping for another program, and I am finished with all that for Barix......just doing the final 3 dietician appts for my insurance. I really do like Barix, and I love that all they do is WLS, but I liked Dr. Viglianco. I know all things happen for a reason.... but whats the reasoning in this??? I may never know.

SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Hey Debbie, Hey Dorothy, Hey Special K :wave:.

DH and I are on vacation this week so I am going to keep him busy with cleaning out the garage and putting up decorations for Christmas. I have a list of my own, so I'm off for now. I hope you all have a blessd Monday.

WOW. I can so relate to you being upset with losing Dr. Vigilianco as your doctor now for Barix. Wonder what happened. I think Dr. Choban was with Barix and she's now with the Mt. Carmel Bariatric Center with Mid Ohio Surgical Associates.

For me, I discussed the three doctors I have to choose from with my Mom and with my own research and I have asked for my first surgeon appointment to be with Dr. Phil Price. He's on Mt. Carmel's faculty, has worked at Mt. Carmel quite a while, is a trauma surgeon in addition to a general surgeon which is a extra specialty, and he's also listed on the American Bariatric Society as a Circle of Excellence surgeon for bariatric surgery. I really liked Dr. Miller too he just doesn't have as much years of experience as Dr. Price. I really liked Dr. Choban too based on what everyone said of her too. So, as you said, its an emotional decision picking a surgeon.

Keep us posted on who your new doctor is.

I have Cardiology clearance dr. appt Nov 27

I have Psychologist clearance dr appt Nov 29

I have Dr. Price's first surgeon consultation appt Nov 30th !

Happy Thanksgiving to all. dont eat too much turkey!

Special K--i never met dr price. you will have to let us know how you like him. i am sure he is great.

TM--too bad about your doctor leaving. just keep on truckin and dont let it slow you down. you are doing great.

i am stuck at 236. i cant seem to lose any more weight. but that is okay, eventually it will start to come off again. i went away last weekend, too and that never helps. i am going to try to be good tomorrow.

My mom and I are cooking up a storm but I asked if we could skip doing dressing as we're going to have yams and mashed potatoes and she was fine with that. I am making a Jello salad with shredded cabbage, carrots and pineapple as something sweet to enjoy. We've got a green bean casserole (made with cream of mushroom Soup and the dried onions) and of course turkey! My house smells wonderful. I chopped up some carrots, celery and green pepper to munch on to keep me out of the potato chips. I did sneak into that bag last night - craving something crunchy and salty but I did stop before I ate way too many.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm thinking of you because next year I'll hopefully have my lap band at the holidays!:):)

i had a nice thanksgiving weekend. i gained a pound and a half--but i dont change my ticker when i go up. only when i go down!

this is a bad time of year to be dieting. but at least we got one holiday under our belts!

:ranger: Good morning ladies. I feel like everything is starting to get back to normal now. My honey is back to work after a weeks vacation and the house is quiet.... LOVE IT!!!!! I really do love when he's home, but I like to get back to my schedule too.

We had a great Thanksgiving, though I ate way to much. I am afraid to even think about the scale right now. (but for some reason its all I can think about!)

I managed to get my Christmas decorations up, keeping them up is another story. My grandson thinks the decorations are for him, and yesterday was a huge struggle to keep him from breaking things.

I hope you all have a blessed day!

I have 2 kitties one is about 6years old and is an angel and never bothers the tree, the other is about 2 years old and she won't let the Christmas tree alone - believe it or not, I tried putting non-breakable ornaments on the bottom third of the tree but she stretches and bats off whatever she can reach so now the bottom 2' or so doesn't have any ornaments on it. Crazy. Last year she climbed the tree (I had a bigger one - artificial) and she actually laid inside the bottom row of branches and looked out at me. :(

I'm doing WW to keep holding myself accountable for controlled eating and tracking my food until I get through all the insurance approvals. It is a small miracle but I lost .2 lbs during Thanksgiving week when I went to my weigh in tonight - I know its a small loss but that is just the point - its a loss! I really put in alot of effort and I'd like to see better than a .2 lb loss in a week - that is something I am looking forward to having my band for - more rewarding weight loss if I follow the program.

Tonight my WW leader gave us a good mantra to live by ... she said look at your eating program as Living a Lifestyle, not doing a diet. Good concept for us future bandsters too.

I completed the psychologist appt and cardiologist appt this week so far and both of those doctors were great but but require more tests or a 2nd appointment with each before they will write my bariatric surgery clearance letter. The psychologist says the insurance companies want a hard set of facts and not just a professional opinion so there is some kind of a test with lots of questions I have to take and then it is scored by the psychologist and then interpreted by her to make the decision to recommend me as clear for surgery or not plus her professional opinion as a psychologist. Sounds like alot of steps to prove I know what I want but I'll jump through whatever hoops they give me.

Second, the cardiologist says I'm a great candidate for surgery but again the insurance qualification is that he has to now have an echocardiogram and a stress test done so I have to now schedule an appt for those. He reads off those test results and makes his decision to give me the cardiology clearance for bariatric surgery. Again, hoops to jump through. Maybe I should ask Santa for a jump rope for Christmas to get in practice with jumping! :-)

First appointment with Dr. Price is this Friday.

Keep jumping SpecialK, their not done with you yet!:( I am still waiting for BCBS to approve surgery for me. I just got a letter from them saying that the Doc. that did my phyc. eval. was out of network so they won't pay him. $400 that I owe now! Whoopee!:( If they would just approve me I wouldn't mind so much.......Oh yes I would! That Doc. should darn well know who he has contracts with. I would have found a different Doc. had I known he was out of network!! Oh well ...hang in there ...it will be worth it some day!!!:biggrin1:

Hi everyone, how are you all doing?:(

Just a quick note. I met my bariatric surgeon Dr. Phil Price today and I really liked him. He was pretty strong about presenting that I could lose alot faster with GB than the band but that I'm a great candidate for the lap band and as soon as I complete my psych and cardiologist clearances, he'll write the letter to my insurance and we'll see what they say.

He has a good sense of humor - he went to Capital University and I went to Otterbein College - kind of the OSU-Michigan level rivalry for smaller liberal arts colleges. He said to mark down on my chart for no anesthesia during surgery due to patient attending Otterbein --Ha Ha! Anyway, I'm encouraged by all that has happened this week.