Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

It sounds like you had a fun week end. I painted and papered the bathroom. Had one of my grandsons here ( 6 yrs old) and we went to watch another grandson play football . He's in 5th grade and plays for Newlexington. It was verrrrry hot...and they didn't even score...but we had a good time!

I wont be able to afford any plastic surgery. i have decided it will just be better to look good with my clothes on and not worry about what i look like with them off.

when i get to my goal i will need a Tummy Tuck, but will probably have to settle for some kind of girdle!

the other day i was at a picnic. there was a really pretty girl there. she had on shorts but her legs looked awful. the skin literally just hung there in layers. i wanted to ask her if she had bariatric surgery, but just could not get up the nerve.

now if my legs looked like that i would get the money somehow. but i dont think i will look that bad

Sue---one one hand, you are so lucky to only have one co-morbitity. no arthritis? no foot problems? no diabetes?

on the other hand, i hope dr choban can convince the insurance company to pay.

Charlene called this morning...Dr. Choban was not able to persuade them. Then I called BC/BS and spent 20 min. having them tell me that LB was not covered in my policy! I said ( among other things) then why was I denied because of BMI and lack of co-morbids? Finally they decided that I did have coverage but just did not qualify! I have a year to appeal.

I do have arthritis in my back and foot and joint pain...but those are not qualifiers for them. I think my B/P is through the roof right now! I will appeal but without much hope.:think

that is awful. try to remain positive. you have nothing to lose if you appeal, so go ahead and fight the good fight.

but by all means, dont let this effect your health. after all you are 62 and you are in good shape. so even if you have to lose weight the old fashioned way, you still have your health!! your fate is still in your hands--you havent gone over the brink yet into diabetes land or heart attack ville!!!

Sue, I agree with Debbie, Don't give up yet! Fight, you have nothing to lose at this point. What are they saying you have to have to qualify??

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have not been on lately. My computer was down.

My update with the process is that I am on my 3rd month of Dr. supervised diet and exercise and I have gained 10 pounds since last month!!!!! What the heck is going on???

My DH is currently off work and we have had to tighten our budget and I was not able to send in the $100.00 payment on the payment plan that Charlene set me up on. I will still try to get my clearances out of the way.

I have written a letter to my pcp asking him to write me a prescription for a handicapped placard. It is getting harder for me to walk due to my back, legs and of course my weight. I hope he will ok it. I have to park so far away at work and it just tires me and makes me out of breath. I'm only 41 and don't want to be this way.

Brighter, better things are coming my way I just know it. I'm not going to give up.

Thank you ladies for wondering where I have been.

Have a great day!!!

Hi Debbie,

I'm so happy for you!!!! I have put it off for a long time and just could not make myself ask for one but I have to at this point. Hopefully by this time next year I will not need mine.

Have a great one!

my doctor made me beg for it last year. but at that point i was willing to beg. my knees were killing me and so were my feet. i could barely walk--it felt like i was walking in pudding.< /p>

when i would come into work everyone would ask me "whats the matter" my only reply used to be "this is what happens when you weigh 300 pounds and have to walk"

i am so happy to have the old debbie back!!! I didnt think i would ever get her back!!!

Dorothy--you can reverse it, too!!!

Deb...losing weight the old fashioned way is what got me where I am today! That kinda felt like a smack!:Banane30: I was looking for a hug.:think

sue--sorry, but i am just saying that you should not give up even if you cant get the surgery. hopefully, you will get it.

you are still in good health and you want to keep it that way.

Alright ladies..............Where are you???? I have had a crazy couple weeks with work, but no one has posted at all last week? What gives?

attendance is falling off here.

i was away all week on vacation. i didnt lose any weight but the good news is that i didnt gain any either. that is not bad after riding in a car for hours at a time each day and eating at restaraunts all week.

i think i will get an adjustment when i go see dr choban on the 1st. i have been feeling hungry more often.

i will be glad to get back to a regular routine, though, even if that means back to work.

we went for a bike ride this morning. i havent ridden in a month. it just about killed me.

BTW my BF and i made up. so all is right in the world again.

it was a good learning experience for me. i was taking him for granted and not giving our relationship the attention that it needed. and now that i am thinner i feel much sexier.

while on vacation my girlfriend and i went on a tour of the QVC studios. they have a store there. i spent a crapload on jewelry!!! but it sure was fun.!!!!

Hello everyone! I have been very busy! First with the Church Women's Retreat, and while dealing with that my Brother-In-Law at a massive stroke on the 11th and Passed away last Monday he was only 43 and we are having a very hard time dealing with it! I am still at 38 pounds lost, I must be eating to much:omg:. Although people are noticing my weight loss and it feels great hearing them say so, I think I should be losing weight much faster!!

Debbie I see you have a Nov 1st. appt. is that your next 6 weeks appt.? If so I guess I better call and scheldule my appt. because we are on the same schedule time. This time I will ask Dr. Choban to fill me up tight I need to start dropping faster to make me Happy:D.

How is every one else doing? Man I feel like a stranger on this thread, it's been so long since I last posted, I hope every thing is going Great for every one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches