Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi, Has anyone heard from Thinner Me?? What about Greg?? I have not seen anything from them in a while. thank you

Hi KT, I'm still here. I posted a couple times about a week ago after my 2nd fill on June 5th. I'm finding this fill a little different than the first. I can't eat nearly as much - I found out the hard way. If I eat too much or too fast, I get severe hiccups, not to mention being VERY uncomfortable - to the point of sliming. So today I've really been watching my portion sizes and slowness of eating. Seem to be doing better now. Glad to hear you're doing better since your unfill. Hopefully, you will continue to do well.

Edited by gregw

I agree Niki! I feel like i still have to stop myself with the quantity because i don't seem to fill up that fast. the types of food are the restriction for me. I guess I thought i would get fuller faster than i do. maybe i need a smidge more in my band. I will go on the 26th of this month and see if she will put more in. For right now I haven't lost for almost 2 weeks now.

KT~ I'm still here. I have been very busy the last couple weeks with my grandson. I do check in everyday, I just haven't posted...... no time now either, I have to get ready for church :biggrin2:.

Morning everyone :frown:

Hi to everyone. Got back from Florida from vacation and was anxious to get on my home scale this a.m. -- I stayed off the scale on vacation because I didn't want to let it run my life.... AND....drum roll now! I lost 4.8 lbs on vacation from where I was on June 13th when I left to today! Go Shrinking Shamrocks Go!! smile.gif

AND second NSV... I was able to buckle a seat belt without an extension on the flights from Columbus to Charlotte, NC on an Embraer jet that only had 2 seats on each side but I needed about 4" of the extension belt still (darn!) on the 737 jet that went from Charlotte to Florida. Can't wait until I can buckle the airplane seat belt regardless of which plane I fly on but that was such a nice feeling.

I've updated my ticker and officially crossed the 40 lbs lost milestone as of today. About 3.5 months since surgery 3/17/08 to lose 40 lbs is fantastic for me.

I'm off to church to sing praises and thank God for all he has done for me through this surgery and the friends I have met due to this journey.

P.S. Yes, I too now know what sliming and productive burping is. Nothing terrible but I definitely have a different level of restriction with this 2nd fill and if I push it and eat a few bites past my limit, I have that pressure sensation, want to get rid of it, and have excused myself once in a restaurant to be sure I was okay. I know now to just leave the food on the plate and let it to away and try not to feel guilty that my family or friend paid for a dinner and I can only eat maybe 1/3 of it. That's what got me, trying to eat a Thai dinner of chicken and vegetables, I didn't even look at the cup of white rice that came with the meal, and I just had to let 2/3 of it go to waste. I had warned them I couldn't eat much so they knew it wasn't that I didn't like the restaurant's food they chose to go to but I just was full.

Okay, off and running for the day! God Bless to all!

That's great, Angie! It'll be here before you know it. I know it's been a long process, but it will be worth the wait. Now it's another "hurry up & wait" for Charlene to call with your big date.

Hi Kathy,

Great to hear your vacation went well, as well as hitting your milestone. :crying: I think I finally figured out how to slow down my eating and force myself to stop when I get the initial "full" feeling. It is working, though, and I am still losing. I got some new clothes for Father's Day and can finally wear a shirt that tucks in without feeling self-conscious about it. I'm going to be flying at the end of July and, as you, hope I won't need the seat belt extender. Keep up the good work and keep on skrinking, shamrock! :blink:

SpecialK, congrats on the 40 lbs! I've only lost 20 but I'm not going to complain as long a the scale is moving down. I get my 2nd fill July 3rd then hopefully I wont eat so much.:cool2:

TM...it's about time!!! :thumbup: I'm so happy for you!

Hi Greg, It sounds like you're doing just fine too. :smile:

Angie--Congrats! You will be in our prayers!

Greg--I know that they say men lose weight faster than women, but WOW!!! You are doing awesome!

Sue--Keep up the good work!

TM, I am so glad you finally got approved. I was wondering when you would get it.

Special K. Congrats on not needing to use the extender. and I am glad you had a blast on your vacation.

Greg. You are doing super on your weight loss. You have almost beat me!! keep it up, we can race. lol.

I am doing much better after this fill. I am down 10lbs. (yes,10) since 6/03. I hope to lose another 15+ before my next fill in 7/24. I am excited about that because that has been during an insane month. 3 birthdays, 2 anniversarys and a couple trips to Pittsburgh ( the food is amazing there ). I got my wedding anniversary presant yesterday. A pure white husky. She is adorable!! I am excited about that. I am a very happy camper lately. lol. So, anyway, kids, keep being losers. TM, please keep us updated. Juli, Do you know where I could get a really cheap 3 wheel bike. I do not have the balance for a 2 wheel anymore.

Katie :thumbup:

I think I finally have my dh talking into joining a gym.

Okay, I enjoyed the swimming pool so much for exercise and relaxation on vacation and decided I was going to get back to a Water aerobics class like I had done years before but had slacked off in the last couple years. Well, its a class in an outdoor pool in Westerville and the lady that teaches the class is a real "drill sargeant" and she said she makes no excuses for working us hard - we are there to exercise not play! Whoa! Hope this helps me to keep on losing!