Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I have spent way to much time trying to get my weight chart to show up. I created it but can't figure out where to insetrt it. Help!:)

Dr. C decides what size band to use. I think lately she's using the AP-Large for everybody. And while I was under the impression that there was no restriction in place with the initial placement of the band, she told me this week (during my fill) that they typically put in 2cc during surgery. So I actually have about 6.5cc now, after two fills, not the 4.5cc that I thought.

Lyn--to place your ticker, click on "edit options" on the side bar of this page, then click "edit signiture". Copy and past your weight loss bar in the area that you want it to appear. It might take a minute, but it should show up. With this website, you don't have to copy the actual code, you can just copy the picture of the graft...I hope you can understand this...It is 4am and I am on break at work!

Lyn - Yes that is right that our docs do not put a prefill amount in the band at time of surgery. They are using the Allergan bands, the AP with the puffy pillows for holding the saline that go all the way around the band including under the buckle area. The older style Allergan bands and maybe the J&J Realize band do not have saline under the buckle part so the band makes more of an oval versus the AP it is just about all the way round. On band size, there are two AP sizes, Small and Large, the Small holds 10cc's and the large holds 14ccs. I've been told the surgeons determine the correct size during the surgery at the time of placement. I have the AP-L, I think Niki, Greg, and Katie all do too if I remember right when we were comparing notes after our first fill. We all asked Missy to tell us what our band size was at our first fill since she had our chart right in front of her.

P.S. There is another Mt. Carmel bandster that also works at St. Ann's and her name is Darlene, something about HR area. If you PM me with an email I can send you an invite to a Yahoo group of the central Ohio bandsters where we have pictures posted, etc. Sarah is a nurse at MC, same with Niki too at MCE. The word must be getting out about lapband at the nursing community--lots of lapbanders I see work in that field. Greg would be the first church organist I've seen on the board :-)

Edited by SpecialK

Thanks, Greg, Niki, and SpecialK,

My coworker DRH was banded in May (she has lost 20 pounds:thumbup:) I followed her through her process every step of the way. Then, I decided I needed to get on the wagon. Lot's of MCHS employees are taking the leap. I know of 3 others in the insurance circus right now.

As far as the band size goes, I think it would be benefitual to have the large. But, I would image it is based on physical adaptation as well. I think the whole thing is fascinating and makes perfect sense as a quantity control device.

I will work on my ticker today, wish me luck.

Today is my big 50th birthday. I have requested no cake and ice-cream. Just some birthday Brats!! (ADKINS)

Joy to all,

Lynn:wink_smile:

I was trying to find some Allergan Lapband info and stumbled onto the fact that they have the personal My Lapband website up and running now and you just register and can start adding some basics about who your surgeon and surgery date was, and then there is a progress tracker chart. I put mine in today. I figured it might help Allergan in researching the kinds of progress people with different starting BMI's have.

Lapband.com - Sign In to My LAP-BAND

I will warn you, the website needs tuned up some, slow performance on screen response time :incazzato: on some things but at least they have it working.

I posted a Feedback to them that I was surprised they didn't ask the type and size of Allergan Lapband the person had nor did they have a section on the site yet that asked about number of fills or fill dates and size of Fluid in the band. I think it would be helpful to be able to have your fill date highlighted on the graph. I'm going to try to log my weight on this at each fill date and at least 1 time per month if I don't have a fill.

:driving:

Welcome Lyn!! Glad to see some more MCHS people on the site. I have a AP small 10cc band. I was thinking I wouldn't need anymore fill in June but I think one more should do the trick. happy you are all doing well. i seem to be stuck on this weight for a little while but I am learning to be patient.

Hi, Had my unfill on Friday .5cc. Doing great now, Feeling much better. Had a great birthday dinner and a bite of my cake. I am hoping to start losing more now that I finally have restriction. I do not know how to update my ticker. But, I have lost a total of 56 lbs. I was told that now they do not think I have a leak, But, that maybe they just did not get the Fluid in right or missed or something. However, I am losing inches. I am so happy now that I have restriction. Anyways, I have rambled on quite long enough. Happy Birthday LYN. Glad everyone is still doing good. Keep being losers.lol....

Lyn---Happy Birthday! What a special birthday!

KT--Glad you are feeling better with a slight unfill! And it is great that they don't think you have a leak!!! That alone would be a great BDay present!!

Greg - I just wanted to thank you for the kind words.

SpecialK - I wanted to thank you for the explanation re:KTBUGG I hadn't seen the thread for Slow Losers Unite, so I will definitely search for this thread. Thanks!

I really need to connect with people that have gone through this because we must have some things in common. That is why I was so happy to locate the thread for N E 1 Banded at Mt. Carmel because from what I have read, just about everyone supports everyone else here. I'll also keep you posted if there is a future revision on my Lap Band to RNY.

Thanks again for the information!

Marie

Just found this. I think this is Awesome!!!! I hope the link works.

Has anyone else seen this?? What do you think about it??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got my 2nd fill today with Dr. Miller and Missy at MCW with fluro. Dr. Miller actually did the fill and he hit it within less than 30 seconds of trying. Very painless 2nd fill. He said I can do my next fill in the office, no fluro needed.

I have a NSV too -- Missy walked up to my tummy and started to feel for my port and she had this big smile and said I can feel your port!! :behindsofa: just like that.. so I guess the 9 lbs I lost in the 6 weeks from 1st fill on April 29 to June 10 (today) is melting away some of that abdominal area fat! According to my home scale this puts me about 35 lbs since my pre-op weight about March 10 when I started a voluntary pre-op diet and lost some before surgery.

2nd Fill done 6 weeks after 1st fill and they added 1.5cc's to my 4.5cc's from first fill so I'm at 6 cc's total in my 14 cc's band. Actually Missy said that if I have any issues and had to go into an ER for help while on vacation that I was to tell them 6 ml's. Do cc's and ml's equal each other?

Actually I'm now anticipating getting on the airplane this Friday a.m. and seeing how close I come to buckling the seat belt without having to then still get the extender. I can't wait until I no longer have to go through that embarrassment.

Kathy--Glad to hear all went well! Have a safe trip!

One word of advice for Band-buddies who just had their second fill...I have found that this fill has changed what I can eat more than how much I can eat. Until this fill I was able to anything I wanted, just had to watch the amount. Now, I really have to make good decisions. Yesterday I had cucumbers and 5 triscut crackers for a snack--ya, not a good decision! They got really stuck--ouch!

I guess we all have to find out what works for us...right now I know eggs, chicken nuggets and triscuts are out for me!