Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hey everyone-

How long is the wait to:

1) get a phone call from someone about a surgery date and

2) surgery date (2 or 3 weeks after the call)

I looked backed at some old posts and it looks as if people were called the same week you were approved from insurance. I am tired of all the waiting we have to go through.

Thanks for your help.

Congrats ND on the approval now hang in there for the date!! Niki I was so hopeful after the second fill it was really working now this week not so much. I wonder if things get stretched out after awhile after the fill?? Haven't lost anything for over a week could be the time of the month but trying not to get discouraged. I feel like I'm back to making myself sto eating instead of getting full fast. I'm sure I'm still eating way less than before the band but I am so dang impatient!!

Hello All, I am back.....Vacation was a blast. I am glad to hear everyone is still doing good. I do not think this fill is working at all, I am Hungry alot. Did good on Vac. though. Shared meals with my dh, and my dfil tryed to sneak food to me.lol. He said I am not eating enough. I wore a couple of the same shirts I did last year and took pics in the same places. WOW, there is a big difference. I was so happy to see that. Dr. said yesterday I will be able to get off my Zocor next month!! According to his scale I am where I was on 4-29, however, evilness is here so, I think that is the reason. I have my 3rd fill on June 3rd. ( They told me it was going to be late July before they fit me in. Made my dh call and interesting enough, got in June 3rd. Just 5 days before my birthday.) I am now just going to have it done with the floro. with Missy. Well, I have rambled on enough, I am off to a few yard sales (need to find some clothes) then we are going to go see Wish You Were Here tonight. I live in Whitehall, is there anyone on the east side that might want to go on walks and stuff in the mornings?? Sorry again for my as always long post.

Welcome home KTBUGG!! Glad to hear you had a great vacation. I would love to have a friend to walk with, but I'm in Heath....

Have a blessed day

Today is 2 Months already for Greg, Sue and I since our banding on March 17th! I am very happy with my 31 total pounds counting from about a week pre-op before I started my voluntary diet. I am doing alot of yardwork now on the weekends and my foodjournaling program says I'm burning alot of calories the the digging, carrying, bending and of course the push mower up and down the ditch on the front of my yard (probably 80 yards worth) is definitely making me burn calories. I'm anxious to see if I do my normal summer thing to lose more because I'm so active and love to be outside.

KTBugg - welcome back. I am envious that you get another fill a week before me due to your DH sweet talking the doctors office! I'm happy for you. Keep us posted on how its going.

Sarah - yes I am convinced that after a few weeks after a fill, things have settled down inside again (very good medical term "settled down"-- LOL... ) but I am now about 1000 calories a day now and with active work and exercise, I don't think I can stay at the 800 calories I was doing for a couple weeks after my first fill. And, I can stay good in the morning for awhile without eating, only coffee but by noon I'm starting to have hunger build and by about 8pm I am fighting to be in control even though I've had a good dinner a couple hours ago. I'm drinking my Special K2O Protein Water to keep me on track about now.

Sarah--How was your DD Bday? One more year til she hits the road, right? That is enough to spark stress-eating!!!

KT--Glad to hear you are doing well. I like in Canal, but I work at East, so I might be able to meet you somewhere for a morning walk after work!

Special K--I am so proud of you! You are really an inspiration to keep that food journal. I have been bad the last two weeks and I have not lost anymore either....maybe that is bc I stopped writing in the journal. I am going to start again today and try to get the scale moving before my second fill next week!

I see you had a long road from start to banding. may I ask what took so long for you? I am sure you have shared your story, but I am realitively new. Are you an RN at MCHS? I am an RN at MCSA.

Lyn--My journey started in 10/06 during open enrollment. I checked with both my DH's insurancecompany and Mt Carmel's (I work at East) and both told me it was a covered surgery. I only work part time at East so I decided to go with DH's coverage. (I called 5 different time, talked to 5 different people and all said it was a covered sx) That January, (07) I finished all pre-op stuff and sent in for approval. I was told at that time it was an "exclusion" to the policy. I tried to appeal, gave all the dates and people I had talked to, but I was out of luck. I thought about paying out of pocket, but I just could not do that working part time with two little ones at home. I decided to wait until open enrollment 10/07 and pick up Mt Carmel insurance. In Jan of 08 they sent back in all of my info and was approved in two days! It was a long wait, but well worth it! I am not sure why I was given all that false info...I just know that eveything happens for a reason, and I feel blessed to be where I am today!

May 28th!! Wow- the next week is going to be a whirlwind of craziness. I go for pre-op testing on Thursday and meet with Dr. Coban next Tuesday and then off to get banded on Wednesday. I was a little shocked. I have already been pre-registered for the hospital.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! I just hope my liver is small enough. I have been watching what I eat and such and switching to more of a liquid diet for the week. So, we will see. I will be banded 5/28 at 11:30AM.